Pictures With Santa
  • RuralRebellionRuralRebellion
    Did you do yours yet?  How did they turn out?

Here is DD this morning:

In her defense, she had her 18mo WellBaby this morning and got 2 needles.  And was very tired.  But it would have been just the same earlier in the week when we tried and didn't bother getting pictures.  We had plans on playing it up, we were gunna look all exasperated/annoyed and hopefully get Santa in on it too, but they just did it so damn fast.  I'm not sharing the photo with DH and I in it because I looked like hell.

Share your photos!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Most everyone's mad here. You may notice that I'm not all there myself.
  • unforgivenunforgiven
    AWWWWW Poor BABY! Our daughter won't go within 10 feet of Santa. 

confessional-manager

"What looks like torture is a time to rejoice
    What sounds like thunder is a comforting voice
    When what is beautiful looks broken and crushed
    And I say I don't know you
    But you say it's finished"
    Last year she did great, but she was only 6 months then, and blissfully ignorant.  She was all like "I like people!"  Oh well, everyone's gotta have at least one Santa-freak-out picture!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Most everyone's mad here. You may notice that I'm not all there myself.
  • MorganD
    My kids do pretty well!! Well, we haven't tried in on DS21mos yet...
  • shouldcleanshouldclean
    When dd was one she want even in the picture :)
  • BunnyBunny
    We did ours, I was expecting my 8 month old to cry but she has this look of "wtf is going on?!?!" on her face.
    Crazy? I was crazy once...they locked me in a room with no windows. That drove me nuts. Nuts! Squirrels eat nuts. They drive me crazy. Crazy! I was crazy once..
    @Bunny haha that was my DD last year.  Her look was like "I'm not sure what's going on, but there are nice ladies waving jingly toys at me..."

Also, you should share!  I wanna see everyone else's kids with Santa!  Especially the funny ones.
  • BunnyBunny
    I had it uploaded, but only half showed up... now i have to remember how to do this lol
    Crazy? I was crazy once...they locked me in a room with no windows. That drove me nuts. Nuts! Squirrels eat nuts. They drive me crazy. Crazy! I was crazy once..
  • BunnyBunny
    hehehehehe she is so cute!
  • BunnyBunny
    I wish she would have smiled, usually as soon as a camera or my phone comes out she's all smiles. Just glad she didn't try to eat Santa's beard, she loves any type of hair.
  • LiquidPeppermintLiquidPeppermint
    *sigh* maybe next year will be better...
  • AlbertaMomAlbertaMom

• AlbertaMomAlbertaMom
  • momoffiveteensmomoffiveteens
  • LiquidPeppermintLiquidPeppermint
    @AlbertaMom your Santa looks EEEEEEEEVIL!!
  • tothemoonandbacktothemoonandback
    This is from last year.. hoping it's better this year lol

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. - Marilyn Monroe
  • mamamaybe
    Oh my goodness that Santa is a little scary!
  • TorturedbyTWINSTorturedbyTWINS
    Photo: They met the big guy in red and didn't freak out!  We did okay this year, much to my amazement.  No reaction is a good one! 
  • SaraMommySaraMommy
    This is the picture of my ds and his cousin from last year...we took ds to see santa a couple of weeks ago and he was clinging to us for dear life..image
  • KellynnKellynn
    @torturedbytwins, they are darling!!
  • BuddyBuddy
    You've all got some very cute kids, but that is NOT Santa in any of those pictures!
    I just like to smile, smiling's my favorite.
    @Buddy GASP what??  *meltdown*
  • shouldcleanshouldclean
    So cute! Dd at one wouldn't even get near him, no screaming picture of her :)
  • TheHeadacheslayer
    AWWWWWW trust me you will look back and laugh. I learned early on w/DD to stop trying to get "perfect" pictures and go with the flow. And we actually wound up with some great photos that way--or at least very memorable ;)

You all have such beautiful kids!!!
  • JustAConfusedMamaJustAConfusedMama
    This was last year's Santa picture.image
    This is this year's picture.  He was scared of him this time and my friend held him, while I tried to get him to smile.
    If you would like to sponsor me for the Imagine Walk for Autism in April, for my friend's son please click the below link and donate.
    http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/sfamily/12th-imagine-walk-and-family-fun-day-for-autism
  • LoveLove

Ok, I want to see your ADORABLE pictures of your kids with Santa!!

Here are mine....my DD always LOVED Santa....my DS was always TERRIFIED. We stopped trying to get "the perfect photo" and just go with it--knowing that in the future we would laugh (and we do!)

This is one of my favorite photos ever.....DD meeting Santa (wearing my first Christmas dress). 

AND....here's DS and his first visit with Santa....

I don't think he stopped freaking over Santa until he was 3 or 4 lol.

By contrast, here is a similar pose as DD's, of DD and DS on his first Christmas :)

community-manager

• Lolthlorien

Here is Rayne and Santa!

• TheHeadacheslayer
    Thanks @love :)
  • SaraMommySaraMommy
    I will have to get a picture of DS2 with Santa!!! Yesterday at my mom's side Christmas we had a very good Santa come and since ds had time to get warmed up and watch the other kids with Santa, he actually walked up and sat on his lap and talked to him!! I was so excited! And then today my MIL took ds and my nephew to see Santa and they both sat on his lap again!!! BIG improvement from the picture I posted from last year!!!
  • momsaidnomomsaidno

• tothemoonandbacktothemoonandback
    Much better than last year .. not a smile, but no tears were shed :)
    Last year:
    This year:  
    Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. - Marilyn Monroe
  • theprincessmommytheprincessmommy
    I have never taken mine to see him. I hate lines and they don't care enough, they know the real santa doesn't hang out at the mall lol. I have my first santa picture from 84 I look so damn confused lol.
  • sleevienickssleevienicks
    Here's my kiddo - she loves Santa and she did great this year (as well as last year)! Such great pictures! 
  • SaraMommySaraMommy
    A little further up in this thread is the picture from last year and here is the picture from this year...much better!!! Still a little unsure, but no tears!image
  • PenguinsMommaPenguinsMomma

We got two last year cause...wellimage

I'll have to find 2010s and this year's in the morning...too tired to move

• katz_meowkatz_meow
    That first one is too cute @carolunea...

I've never really done Santa pics, my ds's first Christmas he was 4 months, and I figured why bother, and then the next year I tried, and he completely freaked, wouldn't even go near the poor guy. lol. The third Christmas, I asked, he said no, so I just gave up.
    There is nothing to be gained from treating others poorly.

Don't be a dick.