The SCARIES
  • unforgivenunforgiven

Use this thread to list your favorite confessions from the week and maybe even claim one you're willing to fess up to!

The confessions will be featured on the homepage of ScaryMommy. 
    They could also be featured on the Scary Mommy Pinterest page!

So... GO CONFESS

MOST LIKED: 254181- Finally down from size 24 to a size 14. Come on, size 12! And size 10 and size 8. Oh boy do I want to be thin!

MOST HUGGED: 253721- My brother shot and killed himself last night. On our mother's birthday. I am more angry than sad right now. 

MOST OMG ME TOO: 253486- I think adults who love Disney are creepy 

BEST OF CONFESSIONS CHOSEN BY YOUR CONFESSIONAL MANAGERS

254541-  The real reason I've been making a huge deal about getting a family portrait done this year is that I've just lost a bunch of weight and I want to record it. AND I want to flaunt my new skinny jeans.

253353- Anyone who thinks parenthood isn't a contact sport, has never raised a toddler.

253360- I have been spit on, smacked around, kicked until I was bruised, my hair pulled out. I need to come forward and speak out. I, too, am a victim of toddler abuse.

253647- I learned tonight that my parents' "usual bet" involves my mom running around the house (literally AROUND the house - outside) completely naked. I'm embarrassed, traumatized, and totally impressed simultaneously.

252804- Tonight dh got frisky and brought a can of whipped cream to bed. As soon as he squirted it our almost 2 y.o. ds sat straight up in bed in the adjoining room and squealed "Me, wip kweem, me, wip kweem!"

253724- How I know I'm a mom; I find myself pouring orange juice for ds3 while on the toilet with crazy upset stomach.

253537- The big highlight of our anniversary this year was the awesome 3 hour nap H, dd1month, and I had while dd1 sat quietly watching tv in her playpen.

253223- DF was wondering why the water bill had gone up....truth is I've started showering more - LOL

253202- I don't actually dust my ceiling fans. I just turn them on high/chop your mutha fuckin' head off and let the dust fly down. I then semi-promptly vacuum.

253058- My dd3 asked me what I wanted to put on my list for Santa. I told her all I wanted was a kiss from her. Her response was "what do you really want, Mommy? How about we put down wine?" I hope I've been good this year.

confessional-manager

"What looks like torture is a time to rejoice
    What sounds like thunder is a comforting voice
    When what is beautiful looks broken and crushed
    And I say I don't know you
    But you say it's finished"
  • fatchickonabikefatchickonabike
    253202- I don't actually dust my ceiling fans. I just turn them on high/chop your mutha fuckin' head off and let the dust fly down. I then semi-promptly vacuum.

OC, I bow to your awesomeness!

Part of growing up is learning to forgive your parents for being human.
  • RahsgirlRahsgirl
    253353- Anyone who thinks parenthood isn't a contact sport, has never raised a toddler.

253360- I have been spit on, smacked around, kicked until I was bruised, my hair pulled out. I need to come forward and speak out. I, too, am a victim of toddler abuse.

These 2 aren't mine but totally could have been word for word!! I am bruised from my LO's pinches and love bites!! LOL
  • undercoverbanana
    Oj on the potty......poor lady! If your ass is exploding tell the baby he/she can wait a minute!!!
    i'm nekkid.
  • GingersnapGingersnap
    MOST OMG ME TOO: 253486- I think adults who love Disney are creepy

:( We really liked going to Disney with the kids. And they have gluten-free menus.
    “The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.” ― Joseph Campbell
  • katz_meowkatz_meow
    I like Disney too @Gingersnap. I might be creepy tho, but not for that!
    There is nothing to be gained from treating others poorly.

Don't be a dick.
  • katz_meowkatz_meow
    I like Disney too @Gingersnap. I might be creepy tho, but not for that!

Don't be a dick.
  • GingersnapGingersnap
    @katz_meow - What can we say other than, "I gotta be me." ?
  • GritsGrits

That's how I roll! Plus I can't reach the fan blades, even on a step ladder. LOL

:( We really liked going to Disney with the kids. And they have gluten-free menus.

Um, I love all things Disney. I get more excited to see their new releases and the vault releases than my kids do. 90% of the Disney movies we own came out before 2000....lol
    "I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn
  • BlessieBlessie
    @gingersnap @katz_meow I didn't take it as Disney World. I took it as Disney, like has no kids and gets deliriously happy to go see a new Disney movie in the theater, 7 times, and collects paraphernalia Disney liker...
  • undercoverbanana
    I dont dust ceiling fans, either. I bust out my dhs shop vac.
    i'm nekkid.
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana

I've tried the turn the fans on high trick...doesn't work. Mine just remain dirty until I can talk someone taller than me into cleaning them...

I do think  a "no move" switch on them would be great so you can vacuum without fighting the spin!

Bite me, cupcake!
  • LesboMomLesboMom

I've tried the turn the fans on high trick...doesn't work. Mine just remain dirty until I can talk someone taller than me into cleaning them...

I do think  a "no move" switch on them would be great so you can vacuum without fighting the spin!

Like a lock setting, right? I think that all the time!!!! 

confessional-manager

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow. -- Helen Keller
  • ChristyJChristyJ
    @Bellebefana and @LesboMom...great.....now someone will invent one and just after I perfected the Swiffer Duster Fan Sweep.  You know I have been working on that one for awhile.
    Imperfect and proud of it.
  • katz_meowkatz_meow
    you too @Grits?

Grits said:

Um, I love all things Disney. I get more excited to see their new releases and the vault releases than my kids do. 90% of the Disney movies we own came out before 2000....lol

Im not a collector of Disney paraphernalia, but i cried at the end of Toy Story 3.  And I'm getting Brave for MYSELF for Christmas...lol. Does that make me a Disney creep? LOL

Don't be a dick.
  • SasafrasSasafras
    I loved the shower one! I hear ya sista! More showers equal a higher water bill, my solution shower with the hubby and/or kids! Lol
  • GritsGrits
    @katz_meow, if it does, then I guess I'll be sporting that badge, too. I rented Brave at a Redbox one day and neither kiddo wanted to watch with me. I watched that shit all by myself...after they were in bed. LOL

And Toy Story 3 makes me cry big ugly tears and snot and everything...gah! So does the Lion King. Get's me every time.
    "I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn
  • katz_meowkatz_meow
    @Grits, tarzan, when phil collins' "you'll be in my heart" is playing. I cry like a baby. Every. Single. Time.

Don't be a dick.
  • CrashCrash
    This one is my favorite this week:
    252804- Tonight dh got frisky and brought a can of whipped cream to bed. As soon as he squirted it our almost 2 y.o. ds sat straight up in bed in the adjoining room and squealed "Me, wip kweem, me, wip kweem!"
    Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • unforgivenunforgiven
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

confessional-manager

• unforgivenunforgiven

confessional-manager

• unforgivenunforgiven

confessional-manager

• unforgivenunforgiven
    The fan one was mine by the way :D

confessional-manager

• WickedDunkieJunkieWickedDunkieJunkie
    @unforgiven... did you already have that picture or take it just for that? LoL
    WDJ_Avatar_zps4536679b
    We Are The Music Makers... And We Are The Dreamers Of Dreams...

• unforgivenunforgiven
    I totally had it. I give her that look sometimes when she's driving me crazy... She's started to give it back to me.

confessional-manager

• WickedDunkieJunkieWickedDunkieJunkie
    It's perfect. And hilarious.
    WDJ_Avatar_zps4536679b
    We Are The Music Makers... And We Are The Dreamers Of Dreams...

• unforgivenunforgiven
    Thanks @wickeddunkiejunkie!! :) I'm glad you like it!

confessional-manager

• KiinuKiinu
    @blessie oh, you mean my fathers wife? I didn't go to Disney world until I was 16, and I was there for their WEDDING.

This woman has no kids, has no interest in raising kids, but goes to Disney world or on a Disney cruise 2-3 times a YEAR. And she GOT MARRIED THERE. My siblings and I were there for 2 days before the wedding, then we all flew home after the reception so they could start their Honeymoon that night.. they got on a Disney cruise ship for 4 days, then spent another week in Disney world. Yeah, she has boxes and boxes of memorabilia.. she bought displays from closing Disney Stores, they're in my basement.
  • BlessieBlessie
    @kiinu, That's about right. Lol
  • GingersnapGingersnap
    @kiinu - O_O Wow.
  • KiinuKiinu
    @Blessie and @Gingersnap She's a real winner lmfao. Thankfully, she seems to just like having a husband, not a whole family. So when he's hanging out with us she goes and does other things. We really only have to see her on Christmas now..
  • irishlassirishlass
    @unforgiven OMG!! D is so freakin cute!!!

Yeah, I want to go to disney world, and I love brave and tangled and princess and the frog. But no memorabilia for me!!
    "Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter." - Dr. Seuss
  • unforgivenunforgiven
    Thanks @irishlass! :)

confessional-manager

• KrabbyKay

Me too, OMFG I about died laughing at this....and gave it some serious thought for next time. I just got done dusting my ceiling fans. Nooooot pretty.
  • KrabbyKay
    @ChristyJ wtf do you *mean* the Swiffer Fan Sweep???? I have to do that like 100 times AND THEN put Pledge on a rag and actually *wipe down* the blades (it's ridiculous. I'm turning them on backwards on chop your head off speed and see what happens.)!!! Maybe I just have a gross dusty hairy house. :((
  • kittykisses80kittykisses80
    Hah too cute.

How does one add words to a pic?? I'm so behind in the ages.
  • ChristyJChristyJ
    @KrabbyKay, maybe you have more humidity in your house.  We will have to start running the humidfier soon as it will get much drier in here and the boys' sensitive skin is showing signs of drying out already.  It is really dry in our house for some reason, even though Kentucky is relatively humid.
    Imperfect and proud of it.
  • KrabbyKay
    Is that even possible?????? Humidity in my house??? I live in AZ ffs!! maybe....but I can't imagine! I run the vaporizer upstairs sometimes if there are sickies, but...how could that make my fans extra gross!
  • LesboMomLesboMom

Hah too cute.

How does one add words to a pic?? I'm so behind in the ages.

We have been using photobucket to do it - you can use picmonkey too - or any other photo editing software :) 

confessional-manager

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow. -- Helen Keller
  • Katescrazymom
    LOL no ceiling fans in this house, but in our old house, I mostly kept them on.  I couldn't say how often I dusted them.  One was 14 ft up, I sent dh up there!
  • undercoverbanana
    Aww....that makes me sad. I love Disney and Pixar. When my kids lost interest, I would borrow little kids to take to the movies. I figured i was justified after sitting through the original power rangers movie umpteen million times. And the Pokemon movie like 5 times There's a lot of adult humor in the Pixar and Disney movies the kids dont get.
    i'm nekkid.
  • TheHeadacheslayer
    I love Disney. My grandpa helped build WDW here in FL so I have pictures of me w/ some of the characters before the park even opened. I have so many memories there....esp riding Dumbo with my grandma, I can't see it without tearing up now, I miss her so much. I love going with the kids, but I love going with my DH too!
  • BeachChairMama
    I am a Disney nut. My BF never went till we were together and he became a little kid again - we hit all four parks in one day and we didn't have any of our kids with us. We've gone back alone since then as well as with the kids. We are going again in February with kids this time (only mine though - his x won't let his kids go because SHE can't go) and are already looking at another trip after that. I'm lucky he is just as Disney crazy as I am. I'd collect memorbilia if I could afford it but the stuff I like is out of my price range; I have a bunch of Disney kitchenware.

My sister thinks I am crazy but she doesn't really like any amusement parks.