The box
  • MorganD
    There's a box. The kids were occupied, so I shaved my legs, and when I was done, I could hear Max outside whimpering at something. It turned out to be a box. I got my Christmas shopping done, so I didn't order this box. Our address is on it, without a name. It's a mystery box. SO must have ordered it. I text him and told him that there's a box, but he hasn't said anything. Now this box is sitting at the end of my bed, watching me while I *attempt* to study. I've tried shaking the box, but there's no sounds. Whoever packed this box did an epic job with the packing paper/peanuts/bubblewrap/whatever. And it's light, super light. What could possibly be that light? The box is mocking me with it's secrets. I want to open it. I'm afraid to, because then SO might have gotten me something epic, and then what? The surprise would be over, and SO would be so disappointed. I can't do that to him. Hm.
    I just moved the box to the bookshelf, but I can feel it there. It keeps drawing my eyes. I can't seem to stop glancing at this box. It's a miracle my eyes haven't burned a hole in it by now.

Stupid box. *sigh*
  • SaraMommySaraMommy
    Too weird!!! If he ordered something, wouldn't his name be on it?! I say OPEN IT!!! :P
  • fatchickonabikefatchickonabike
    Since it has no name on it, it isn't technically anyone else's property, so you would technically be within your rights to open said box. Just sayin'.
    Part of growing up is learning to forgive your parents for being human.
  • GritsGrits
    OMG. You have more willpower than I...I'd have ripped that sucker open as soon as I laid hands on it...

*whispers "Open iiiiiiiit........"
    "I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn
  • Open it!  Better yet, have the kids open it!  Then it isn't your fault lol

• MorganD
    @SaraMommy @fatchickonabike But what if it's something AWESOME and I ruin the surprise??

....You know, if this happens every time a new box appears, I'm going to get an ulcer. And grey hair.
  • theprincessmommytheprincessmommy
    I really want to know what is in that box...you better tell us as soon as the taunting makes you open it.
  • MorganD
    @theprincessmommy Christmas....the suspense eats at me every year.
  • CalliopemarieCalliopemarie
    @morgand I hate that feeling!!! lol
  • beachmommybeachmommy
    OMG   open it open it open it open it open it open it open it
    My beach is still Sandy....
  • French_momFrench_mom
    It is for me to know and you to dot dot dot.
  • MorganD
    @French_mom I must not know the story about @FoulMouthedSailor. What's up?
  • French_momFrench_mom
    I am on my cell... i will try to search that tread later
  • MorganD
    @French_mom Okay!
  • Marionettevie
    text himi and tell him if he doesnt tell you whether you can open it or not you are gonna open the damn thing and then he cant blame you because he never said not to! @FoulMouthedSailor has experience with boxes that mock him lol!
  • sanityseekersanityseeker
    "If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear?" -Castiel
    "Dobby never meant to kill! Dobby only meant to maim or seriously injure.” -Dobby
    Genealogy: Where you confuse the dead and irritate the living.
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    oh yes.  THE box!  The dreaded box.  Cupcake can tell you ALL about boxes!
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • LoveLove

OMG   open it open it open it open it open it open it open it

I would have opened it before I even got it through the front door all the way LOL

community-manager

• MorganD
    Thank you, @SanitySeeker!! @French_mom I remember now!! That was epic. Go Sonja!

@Love I must use restraint. SO will flip if I open it. :(
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    Lol I had forgotten about The Box !!! =))
    " Wibbly wobbly timey wimey ......." The Doctor
    " I'm a leafe on the wind..watch how I soar ." Wash :((
    " Oh the wall had it comming.' Sherlock Holmes
    yea I am geek !!
  • Lakegirl34
    I would open it, repackage it and deny, deny, deny. I admire your self discipline.
  • MorganD
    @Lakegirl34 Oh, he knows me WAY too well. He'd probably tell me to clean up the BS that just came flying out of my mouth.
  • MorganD
    ~X( ~X( :-S :-SS :-<
  • missmama5missmama5
    I how it isn't a bomb!
    But what if it's chocolate?!
    OPEN IT WOMAN.
  • MorganD
    @missmama5 But what if it's something awesome!! For all I know, it might be jewelry.

....Holy crap. What if it's a ring??? That would be awesome, and completely unacceptable to ruin the surprise!! I don't think it's a ring, but still...if it's something awesome like that, I don't want to ruin it! I'll just have to survive the taunting.
  • Marionettevie
    when CAN you open it? when he gets home? if unwrapped boxes are in MY house they get opened. UNLESS i get told beforehand that its for christmas, or i know its not ours.................DAMNIT! i wanna know!
  • MorganD
    @Marionettevie My guess is that he'll ask ME to wrap it...because he sucks at it.lol And I probably won't be opening until Christmas. *sigh*
  • Marionettevie
    thats just torture
  • MorganD
    @Marionettevie Indeed.
  • FoulMouthedSailorFoulMouthedSailor
    Fuck boxes. It could be nothing, in horror movies it's usually a head, or the next thing I can think of, a dick in a box
    You show the lights that stop me turn to stone, You shine it when I'm alone. And so I tell myself that I'll be strong
    And dreaming when they're gone.
  • missmama5missmama5
    @MorganD would probably enjoy a Dick-in-the-box. Boing! @foulmouthedsailor

Wtf is in the box, girl?!
  • sanityseekersanityseeker
    And now the song is stuck in my head... thanks lol
    "If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear?" -Castiel
    "Dobby never meant to kill! Dobby only meant to maim or seriously injure.” -Dobby
    Genealogy: Where you confuse the dead and irritate the living.
  • MorganD
    @missmama5 @foulmouthedsailor Dear Lord, I hope it is NOT a dick-in-the-box. I would be completely mortified, because stuff like that makes me giggle and cackle like a moron. Let's hope that is NOT the case.
    And I don't know what's in the box! I haven't even touched it since placing it on the shelf...It's still looking at me. *sigh*
  • French_momFrench_mom
    @FoulMouthedSailor    now I have that song in my head and it wont go away.    
  • kittykisses80kittykisses80
    At least draw an angry face on it.. make it funnier to look at. I would of opened it and than retaped it.lol
  • MorganD
    @kittykisses80 Oh, I wish I could...but he would look for something like that...*sigh* My man is nothing if not observant.
  • Marionettevie
    cover it up so it cant look at you.... fucking stalker box...watching you and shit
  • MorganD
    @Marionettevie I know, right!! Fucking creeper box.
  • Marionettevie
    lol!
  • OUCHOUCH
    ahahaha! and now the box is making all of scary mommy crazy too!  :))
    "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate." - UNK
    "The amazing thing about life is that you choose what you allow into it, you choose how things affect you, you choose how you react. Happiness is a choice. Make it." - UNK
    "Tattoos don't define the person, the person defines the tattoos." - Me
    “The pain now is part of the happiness then” – CS Lewis
  • MarySunshineMarySunshine
    @french_mom & @bellabefana You read my mind! Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha *the* box!
    "I don't poop. I create magic."- ABC

I'm as sexy as a burp mid-kiss. Watch out!

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
  • sunnymommasunnymomma
    I just read all that and I still dont know whats in the box?!?!?!?!?! argh. did you get permission to open it? or find out if it is a gift for you? If so when can you open it? 
    I am me, and I am loved
  • MorganD
    @sunnymomma Nothing! I swear, my SO is tormenting me on purpose. When I mention it, he acts like he didn't hear me. OMW. I might strangle him when he gets home.
    @morgand Maybe he read about Sonja's box and decided to pull a similar trick! >:)

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
  • MorganD
    @MarySunshine I would kick his butt. No joke.lol
  • PJSaregreatPJSaregreat
    Hmm...would a hair dryer heat up the adhesive on the tape enough to pull it off enough to sneak a peek?? Lol
    @morgand That I don't doubt for a hot second.

• MorganD
    @PJSaregreat Oh, that's a good idea...but I can't, I have no poker face!! He would know I peeked. :( I'll demand he tell me what the hell the box is for when he gets home, and I'll update everyone. *sigh*

@MarySunshine Damn straight. :) 8-}
  • kta2012
    open the tape from the  bottom of the box he willl look at the top to see if it was opened lol!!
  • kta2012
    roflmfao right now i have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard just went and read @foulmouthsailors box story ...holy shit!!!