Genius mommy trick!
  • eappleeapple
    I cannot believe what I just accidentally stubbled upon. I often put my big open mouth over my girls' and blow into theirs. I don't know why I ever did it but I do and they laugh hysterically about it when the air shoots out of their noses. Well lily is sick and has a clogged nose. We've been working on blowing it but she just doesn't get that yet at all! So just while we were cuddling I did it and I was surprised when snot shot out all over me. I grabbed a tissue and tried again but with The tissue blocking the blowout. Omg if you blow enough air the snot just comes right out! She can breathe and it was like a funny game to her. You just need an airtight seal lol. Move over nose Frieda hello the mommy biggie blower!
    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. ~Nietzsche
  • SassySassy
    HAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Sweeet! 
  • GritsGrits
    I wanna laugh and barf at the same time!! I bet that does work pretty well. How surprised were you when the blob hit your face?
    "I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn
  • rabbitw4
    Lol, I learned that trick when my dds were young, they would stick beads up their noses.
  • shate98shate98
    lol and ew!
    "As you wander through your life, whatever be your goal,
    keep your eye upon the doughnut, not upon the hole."
  • eappleeapple
    @grits I was grossed out as an initial reaction but then my inner mommy kicked in. I haven't washed my face or changed my clothes. Nothing a baby wipe couldn't fix ;)

@rabbitw4 nice! I'll keep that in mind for when mine decide that kind of thing is a good idea.
    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. ~Nietzsche
  • Lol @eapple !! That's a disgustingly wonderful idea.
  • irishlassirishlass
    LOL!! That thought had never occurred to me, it would be like french kissing my son, or choking him! That's my initial reaction lol! Ill give it a go in the morning and see!
    "Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter." - Dr. Seuss
  • SchweddyBallsSchweddyBalls
    Fuckin LOVE it...........most disgusting thing I have ever read, but Super Mom shit to the core!!!!!!
    I'm the nicest person you will ever meet, UNTIL you fuck with me or the betches I love.......
  • mommydeliriousmommydelirious
    Im totally sending this link to my SIL ... she has a new bebe with a cold and...well...if it works it works! You'll do pretty much anything to help a wee one feel better, right?
    Photobucket
  • tothemoonandbacktothemoonandback
    And poor Jameson always has to deal with "let me hold your hands behind your back, your head over a sink while daddy squirts this sinus rinse up each nostril for 10 minutes".  Thank you!  

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. - Marilyn Monroe
  • eappleeapple
    It's the grossest sound right in your ear! It's so worth it though :D

@Irishlass oh gosh, NO TONGUE! Lol
  • AloneOverseasAloneOverseas
    Eeewwwwwwwwwwwww! Lol
    I love purple; I love cats. Imagine if cats were purple ...
  • loveitloveit
    Nice! LOL!
  • momma2A
    This is brilliant and oh so nasty all in the same! I wonder if DD would let me do it she's had this cold over a week and her nose is just gross.
  • missy545missy545
    Gross!  But so glad it worked! hehe
  • DovahkiinDovahkiin

Hey, if it works, it works.

For me it does. Just ask my old bf from high school. He blew instead of kissing and oh boy did he cop it! I snotted ALL over his face. It was a truly awesome moment, I tells ya! =)) :-&

Stroke the furry wall
  • ScaryMommyScaryMommy
    Only fellow moms would see the genius in this. I love it!
  • BeachyBeachy
    Such a great idea! Ok i have to try it too! Tay is a snotty mess.
    Must find goggles....
    Searching for my lost shaker of salt.
  • katz_meowkatz_meow
    Totally disgusting and totally genius at the same time. And I gotta tell you, I totally lol'd at this
    There is nothing to be gained from treating others poorly.

Don't be a dick.
  • kittykisses80kittykisses80
    I agree seems super genius.. but i would rather pick there noses. :-)
  • eappleeapple
    I tried it again before bed and it worked!
  • SnugglePussSnugglePuss
    Good idea!! I wonder if my daughter would let me? She's clogged up now.
  • Marionettevie
    i did that once when he just kept evading me, and he had a giant booger in his nose! he hates when i do it though so i have to catch him and pin him down. but i would rather do that than listen to him trying to breathe

• anonymommy
    I showed this to DH and he had to try it out :). DS3 thinks it's the funniest thing ever!
  • undercoverbanana
    Amazing and really gross. Just like the rest of motherhood.
    i'm nekkid.
  • SaraMommySaraMommy

This is way cooler and seems to be way more effective than one of those nose sucker things!! Great discovery!!!

• CrashCrash
    OMG.  :-&

Uhm...you guys can just go ahead and do that. Lol.

EW! 
    Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • ProudPalsyMamma
    I honestly don't think I could dp that I think I would hurl :-&
  • undercoverbanana
    i think it's really gross, but so is cleaning out the snot suckers....whatever they are called.
    i'm nekkid.
  • GirlsOnly
    That is HARD CORE, @eapple. I'm gonna do it, too!
  • eappleeapple
    Well the girls dont like it anymore :( pretty bummed about how fast the novelty wore off. Especially since I've been doing it for so long and they've always loved it. As soon as it benefits them tho... It's like the devil. Sheesh.
  • Lees

And poor Jameson always has to deal with "let me hold your hands behind your back, your head over a sink while daddy squirts this sinus rinse up each nostril for 10 minutes".  Thank you!  

Neti Pot? Don't do it with tap water!