I want to be skinny again!
  • MorganD
    Before having my first child, I weighed 103lbs. I looked pretty fabulous, though I wouldn't have thought so back then. After having my second little guy, I had gained 20+lbs, but I lost it within 6 months. With my youngest child, I only gained 9lbs. 9. I was pretty happy about that, and I was pretty skinny again after he was born. Then I moved in with my SO and I've gained over 20lbs. At my appointment for birth control yesterday, I topped out at 138lbs. I've never weighed this much! I'm only 5'2", and I've always been petite, but now I'm chunky and I don't feel attractive at all. I fully blame it on my SO. He cooks. The food is always fabulous. If I try to eat less, he tries to feed me more. He seems to think I'm going to die of starvation. I've tried eating more salads and he adds fattening qualities to it. I've tried to stop drinking my *very* fattening coffee every morning, but I crashed before lunch. My boobs are huge, my belly is flabby, and my rear...well, I'm actually okay with my rear. My xh said that my face looks fat. SO pointed out the fact that I'd gained weight, the jerk. He still thinks I'm beautiful, but I don't. How long can he think I'm beautiful while I hate the way I look? I know part of the problem is my lack of exercise. I'm a sahm and a full-time student. I don't have piles of time to exercise. The holidays are coming up fast...Thanksgiving snuck up on me big time. How am I going to lose any weight when I don't have time to exercise and there's food everywhere? I just want to feel better about myself.
    Help!! :(
  • Marionettevie
    small changes here and there. drink water like you are a diabetic that was lost in the desert for a week. it will fill you up and wash stuff out of your system
  • Tranquil
    I hear you!!!  I want to be skinny again too!  Working full time and being a mom completely drains me at the end of the day, and hubby loves to eat fatty food at night, he tempts me with his treats!  Go for a run after the kids go to bed, I was doing that in the summer, then it got cold and I got lazy.
  • MorganD
    @Tranquil The weather is nice enough for a run...but the neighborhood is not. This street is scary.
  • eappleeapple
    30 day shred! I've been doing it just not posting on the thread since no one seemed interested. I know it seems crazy but after 5 workouts I can now fit into my prepregnancy pants that just 2 weeks ago were too small to do up. Ya there's a little fluff hanging over but I can fit into them and that's progress. Plus it's 20 minutes intense workout and 30 if you include the cool down and warm up. Who doesn't have 30 min a day? You and I both know we each spend more than 30 min on SM, ah hem I actualy spend quite a bit more than 30 min on SM :-\"
    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. ~Nietzsche
    @eapple ive been eyeing up 30 day shred but im too embarrassed to buy it lol maybe i will ask for it for xmas
    dont mistake my kindness for weakness
  • eappleeapple
    @123 I "borrowed" it from the internet. It's also on YouTube! I posted the link on my thread "30 day shred anyone?"
    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. ~Nietzsche
  • shate98shate98
    Switch out a snack with low-fat yogurt instead. Or in my case, that's breakfast and then I don't get a chance to eat until 2 or 3 and then not again until 9 or 10. So, you know, not being able to eat because of schedules helps. Do lots of steps. Avoid elevators (when not with a stroller). Switch to fat free milk (Smart Balance makes an awesome fat free milk) and cut bread/pasta consumption in half.

It took me over a year to lose all of the baby weight, but I did it!
    "As you wander through your life, whatever be your goal,
    keep your eye upon the doughnut, not upon the hole."
  • MorganD
    @eapple I found it on YouTube. I would like to point out that I have no weights to use for the workout...but that is such a lame excuse.lol
  • MorganD
    @shate98 I wish I could blame this on baby weight. This is just Morgan-over-indulging weight.lol
  • shate98shate98
    @MorganD I won't tell ;)
    "As you wander through your life, whatever be your goal,
    keep your eye upon the doughnut, not upon the hole."
  • essgirl
    @morgand I used tins of beans when I was doing 30 day shred. They work just fine
  • MorganD
    @shate98 LOL Many thanks.
  • MorganD
    @essgirl That's sounds like a good idea. And when I get really built up, I can just use my kids. ;)
  • essgirl
    Lol @morgand that I would like to see
  • MorganD
    @essgirl If I manage it, I'll be sure to record it and post it for everyone to see.
  • eappleeapple
    Omg I was using 3lb weights... FUCK THAT NOISE! seriously I switched to canned veggies on day 2.
  • anonymommy
    @MorganD--believe me, you'll feel it even without anything to use for weights!

Drink lots of water, including a glass before you sit down to eat.  Watch your portion size.  Using a smaller plate will make controlling your portion size much easier.  Pay attention to when you're eating because you're hungry and when you're eating because you're bored (or just because it tastes good and you don't want to put it down, dammit!).  You can also log what you eat/how much exercise you do on MyFitnessPal or something similar.  I have always been really resistant to logging my food, but it really does help.  You can also the SM weight loss group on FB:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/248577035235361/

My DH is also an awesome cook and I gained a ton of weight when we moved in together.  I gained between 25-30 lbs BEFORE I got pregnant, then added another 50-55 on top of that.  DS is 3 years old now and I've only lost the weight recently.  I have 5 or so pounds to my goal (it's a moving target).  It sucked ass, but you can do it :)  And I'm only 5'4, so you can imagine how lovely all that extra weight was
    :\">
  • MorganD
    @eapple LOL Poor chicky. I'm so deathly exhausted today, or I might try to work out before SO gets home. I stayed up late with him last night, because he couldn't sleep. Bleh.
  • eappleeapple
    There will always be an obstacle. Wait till you've done day one and the next day it feels impossible to walk down the stairs but you have to go through with day two! The only thing I can say is that it gets easier as you become more committed.
  • peach27
    Could the birth control you are on be contributing to your weight gain?
  • MorganD
    @peach27 I just started birth control yesterday for the first time since about a month after my DS4 was born, so no...I wish I could blame it on that.lol
  • CrashCrash
    I'd like to be skinny, but keep my lovely boobage. Where do I sign up for that?
    Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • MorganD
    @Curious I actually hate my huge boobs.lol I can't seem to find a bra that fits them anymore. They have a mind of their own.lol
  • SalllyWingo
    I could stand to lose 40lbs.  I am the biggest I have ever been in my life.
  • MorganD
    @Everlong Amen. I've never weighed this much, even pregnant.
  • SalllyWingo
    Ditto @MorganD
  • Tranquil
    @eapple I'm getting that DVD! Congrats, amazing to see a difference so quickly. I'm gonna do this too!! Starting tomorrow.
  • CrashCrash
    I don't think that my finally 36C boobs are too much to ask for, really.
    Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • eappleeapple
    @tranquil great! It would be awesome to have a buddy!
  • RahsgirlRahsgirl
    I want to be skinny again too!! Whenever I have somewhere to go I picture what I want to wear in my head but the problem is I picture myself pre pregnancy and then when I go put on the outfit I thought of it looks nothing like I pictured and the jeans won't go past by hips!!!
  • Tranquil
    @eapple I just got 30 day shred via the Internet lol. Will check in on other thread.
  • Quietmom
    Anyone who wants to get rid of boobs, send them my way. Please and thank you. If my arms and belly were toned, I would be happy. I have 20 lbs before I'm pre baby number one but damn is it STUBBORN. I need to do that shred, truly. God I'm lazy!
    Like a river and a waterfall, a strong person channels their own path...
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    I'm 169 I used to weigh 114 . I'm fat and miserable I'm 5'2 I still have no boobs I do have an hourglass shape but I'm just fat. I exercise and eat well but I doubt ill ever reach my goal.. I've lost 20lbs I just have so much more to go. I weight more now than I ever did pregnant.
    let them eat cake! because id rather have pie!!!
  • I went to the dr and got phentermine. In one month i lost 20lbs! And then by month 4, i was down 45lbs! Still have alot more weight to lose... Def worth trying. Goodluck!
  • Quietmom
    @brooklynsmommy1005 I lost 100 pounds on phentermine! It was a lifesaver. I got off it last year and have kept all of it off! I just have that last 20 to go and I'm determined to do with without adipex lol by the way, I didn't get any flappy skin leftover with losing weight that phentermine either!
    Like a river and a waterfall, a strong person channels their own path...
  • gramalibbygramalibby
    Yep small changes and lots of water , worked for me. I ate less carbs also , good luck
  • tothemoonandbacktothemoonandback
    I lost a bunch of weight on Weight Watchers.. a lot of us also use MyFitnessPal.  If you're on Facebook, we have a 'secret' group for Scary Mommies "Losin' it", if you'd like some straight forward accountability and encouragement.  I tried MyFitnessPal but re-joined WW to get me through the holidays, I guess paying for it is the motivation I need.  I've been at my goal weight for over a year now, probably at a lower weight than I have been in decades (well, at least 2 :) ).
    Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. - Marilyn Monroe
  • Theboysmom
    What qualifications do you have to meet to get your dr. To prescribe phentermine? Im 5ft 3 200 lbs.
  • pinksockspinksocks
    You can do it! I gained so much weight with all of my girls but I've manages to lose most of my baby weight since having my 3rd 9 months ago. My fitnesspal is amazing and just excersize whenever or where ever you can. I turn up music sometimes and just dance, dance, dance with my girls! Cardio! and lots of water!

Don't Forget To Smile!!!
  • kittykisses80kittykisses80
    That Phentermine is super expensive :-(
    It'll take forever to drop the weight. Though with motivation from mfp buddies I could use more :-) and the scaries on fb. I'm trying my hardest!!