The Daily Snap: Recycle, Reuse, and Distort
  • mommydeliriousmommydelirious

You know how fashion just keeps coming back around, and we pair it with other things that make it look even worse than the first time around and resurrect something that is just SO AWESOME for about 5 minutes till we realize we look ridiculous? 
    No wonder we want to live in pj's and yoga pants! Who even knows what's on trend now.  Who cares! I like dressing comfy and it seems like nowdays almost ANYONE can be stylin' cause there's just no right or wrong.

Lets go down memory lane...

Remember when you needed a windbreaker to stave off those horrible winds of your highschool hallways?

Or when you're shoulder pad were so big and in every jacket and sweatshirt you owned that you felt like you were waiting to get tagged into a football game at all times?

And then there's this...

And then when have some more current stuff...
    imageimageimageimageimageimage

Soooo...what do you think were the worst fashion trends in days gone by? 
    What do you think we'll look back on and laugh about, regarding our current fashions (if you're not laughing already...damn hipster men! Denim shirt and bowtie?!....ok its a bit cute.)
    Photobucket
  • kta2012
    big teased hair and slouch socks lmao...ohhhh and todays Skinny jeans ughhhhh especially on a guy!! YUCK
  • undercoverbanana
    when the seventies stuff came back, all the stripey shirts with the goofy zipper/metal ring at the collar, i was pissed. but the 80's stuff coming back is just as horrifying. i just hope to god mullet haircuts don't come back.
    i'm nekkid.
    @undercoverbanana I just saw one the other day...in someones WEDDING PICTURE...a wedding that happened this year btw.
    Photobucket
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    The big hair !!! No this is not me ! I was never able to reach hights like that ! Lol
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    " Wibbly wobbly timey wimey ......." The Doctor
    " I'm a leafe on the wind..watch how I soar ." Wash :((
    " Oh the wall had it comming.' Sherlock Holmes
    yea I am geek !!
  • undercoverbanana
    i used to call that "the L.A. crash helmet".
    i'm nekkid.
  • GingersnapGingersnap
    I saw a little girl at my son's school on picture day. Now, the hair is different, but her clothing looked like she just stepped off the set of Full House. It made me giggle.
    “The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.” ― Joseph Campbell
  • GritsGrits

when the seventies stuff came back, all the stripey shirts with the goofy zipper/metal ring at the collar, i was pissed. but the 80's stuff coming back is just as horrifying. i just hope to god mullet haircuts don't come back.

Alas, mullets never died in this part of the world. They're still alive and well, hangin' with their friends the duck tails. Silk shirts were HUGE when I was in junior high. You just weren't cool unless you had one of those atrocities. I remember stirrup pants and neon from the late 80s early 90s. Crimped hair, giant bangs. And I totally had one (or three) of those windsuits. I thought they were awesome!
    "I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn
  • sidsmommy3sidsmommy3
    Leg warmers....were bad the first time around.

I sported that hair....and the more I drank, the bigger it got. We children of the 80's helped destroy the ozone layer with aqua net and stiff stuff.
    Mary :-)

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    The micro skirt. That should just disappear ! Who thinks wearing a belt and calling it a skirt is right ? I have never worn one , my mom said she did ! Lol
    yea I am geek !!
    @grits Yes! Crimped haiiirrr! Apparently its still around...is it better or worse than it was?
    Photobucket
  • GritsGrits
    @mommydelirious, I gotta say, I loved it then, but now, not so much. I don't love the haphazard way they style the crimped hair. It looks about half done.
    "I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    I remember dressing in all black in high school. Back jeans , black turtleneck or other type but always black, black boots , black trench coat. Black nail polish too. No makeup and my hair was waist length an straight down.
    yea I am geek !!
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    I had a hair crimper too. Lol.
    yea I am geek !!
  • MarySunshineMarySunshine
    I thank the stars that by the time I was old enough to care about fashion trends it was the Grunge era. Jeans, Docs and a flannel shirt are heaven compared to the high quaffs of the 80's, the sheer ridiculousness of the early 90's, and the dumbass scene and hipster styles of today.

If their bringing back anything bring back a revamped Grunge look. I still have all my Docs! I'd be ahead of the trend for a change.
    "I don't poop. I create magic."- ABC

I'm as sexy as a burp mid-kiss. Watch out!

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
  • regpregp
    My son informed me last week that he wants a haircut like Uncle Nick's hair used to be...you know, when he married Aunt Angie...in 1993...apparently, he has been looking at old pictures at my parents' house and now wants a mullet. 
    The only thing saving you from me is Jesus.
  • eappleeapple
    I wore black leggings and a baggy men's t-shirt everyday for years. Then I upgraded to tear aways and a baggy men's t-shirt. I was embarrassed about being skinny, wtf was I thinking!?
    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. ~Nietzsche
  • LLBLLB
    Wth is that thing around that woman's face? The thing that looks like a birds nest?
  • LLBLLB
    And skinny jeans on men is just... So wrong! Make them *baggy* skinny jeans and the horror is even worse!
    You mean like this @LLB ? What is that? A fart pocket?

Photobucket
  • LLBLLB
    Haha! Yep that exactly! @mommydelirious
  • katz_meowkatz_meow
    Genie pants

Stop.....hammer time
    There is nothing to be gained from treating others poorly.

Don't be a dick.
  • LLBLLB
    Dh had genie pants! Lmfao!
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    yea I am geek !!
    Genie pants are one thing...these are sorta cool...

but the JEAN-ie pants? noooo thanks.
    Photobucket
  • LesboMomLesboMom
    The little neighbor girl is wearing those huge puffy high top sneakers with every outfit she owns - I hate it - I hated it in the 80s and I hate it now. But I can't say that is stirrups came back that I would be too sad. :) 

confessional-manager

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow. -- Helen Keller
    @mommydelirious Harem pants they call them....I think they're ugly, but I also like plaid, so...

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
    @marysunshine Im Canadian. Plaid's not a pattern its a way of life ;) 
    Photobucket
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    Parachute pants ! My brother had some ! All the random zippers !
    I had the puffy top rebocks. They were pink !
    yea I am geek !!
    @mommydelirious Clearly, I was born in the wrong country. LOL

@marysunshine I don't think it ever really goes out of style here...either the old men are wearing it or the younger gen get it in their head that its cool...or they just don't care either. Hah.
    Photobucket
  • irishlassirishlass
    @undercoverbanana mullets came back here for a while. Extremely cringe worthy!!
    "Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter." - Dr. Seuss
    Photobucket
    When did THIS become a thing? I mean, I like uggs but...for a wedding?
    Wedding Uggs
    Photobucket
  • KrabbyKay
    I didn't NEED to crimp my hair! The way it is, it ALWAYS looks like that!!! Like that blonde with the huge hair. That's what I look like when I wake up, but not blonde. 
    Not that I want *that* to come back in style *shudder*, but when flat hair is the style???? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA what/how long/how much glop it takes to get my hair to lay down?????
    WEDDING Uggs lmao!!!
    My DD luuuurves skinny jeans. Yech. I almost got trapped in some at the store. I tried them on for shits and giggles. It was horrible! TOO FAT. 
    I like those long tunic shirts! I'm glad those are back in!!!
  • PurpleFlowersPurpleFlowers
    I cant find a picture, but how about ankle rolled jeans for all my 80's girls :
    Stay away from my chocolate and nobody gets hurt!

I think I like who I am becoming...
  • KrabbyKay
    ^^THOSE hahahahahhahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • theprincessmommytheprincessmommy
    I still have clothes from high school that fit, and I will still wear them. I was rather bohemian peasant skirts, or just plain old blue jeans with fun tops. I wasn't fashion forward, I didn't wear trends. Worked for my benefit because not many of my clothes have gone out of style. I did have jellies and L.A Lights in the early 90's. When my parents still dressed me they went with trends and I look at those pictures and cringe.
  • LoveLove
    TIGHT ROLLED @PurpleFlowers... we called it tight-rolled...

different colored shoe strings...slouch socks, banana hair clips, shoestring hair bows...

yes, I had bangs and wings! Aquanet was a staple! (or Rave lol)

I went through all the trendy phases: the LA Gears...the black high-top Nikes...the Keds...the jellies...the Ropers @Grits, you feelin me?

The Garth Brooks-esque block-pattern button-up shirts for the guys...Good Lord.
    The silk shirts...oh oh, and the turtlenecks, with the gold herringbone chains, of course.
    The rope chains, with your boyfriend's class ring on it...

The Obsession... the Charlie...the Little Bit Sexy...Exclamation... we thought we were hot shit with our "expensive" perfumes!

And not fashion-related, but thoughts of high school bring back memories of sitting out in the parking lot at school, smoking our cigarettes like our lives depended on it, alternately blaring Sweet Home Alabama or Boot Scoot Boogie, or Salt and Peppa's 'Whadda Man", Gangsta Paradise, or Alanis Morrisette... 

community-manager

• momofdbbmomofdbb
    This !! I did that ! With stonewashed jeans though.
    yea I am geek !!
  • PurpleFlowersPurpleFlowers
    YES!!! Thats it @love. Couldnt think of it... Oldtimers kicking in :P
    Stay away from my chocolate and nobody gets hurt!

I think I like who I am becoming...
    No Words Needed.

Photobucket
    ^That is a crime against humanity.

• fatchickonabikefatchickonabike

Wow. Static cling must be out of control in that neighbourhood.

Part of growing up is learning to forgive your parents for being human.
  • katz_meowkatz_meow
    We called the rolled pants 'pegged' @Love and @PurpleFlowers. Lol

And I totally had l.a. gears, and I also had the biggest hair in the 9th grade, thanks to aqua net.

Anyone else have the wrestling shoes trend? All the girls in my school had them .
    There is nothing to be gained from treating others poorly.

Don't be a dick.
  • Furball1980Furball1980
    Oh lord, it's my 5th thru 8th grade nightmare...... Anyone who lived thru the guess and girbaud jean era and survived is a hero to me........ Anyone remember sash belts? The only thing I rocked was the Bart Simpson t shirts and the splatter paint jeans. :)
  • I never understood the Uggs with shorts business.  If it's hot enough to wear shorts it's waaaay to hot to wear Uggs.  Just flippin stupid.  Of course where I live you have to go to Walmart in your pajama pants.  Oy.
  • KrabbyKay
    Even *I* don't go to Walmart in my pj pants!!!! But apparently everyone else thinks that's fine. Uggs with skirts too...weird!!! LMAO at the la gears, Obsession, what about Poison, that too!!!! I had a HUGE bottle of Poison!  Ropers and remember Rockies too??? YIKES.