Does your kid do anything that annoys the crap out of you?
  • 2callmemommy2callmemommy
    My 8 year old constantly goes to bed wearing jeans (usually what she wore to school that day). I'm always telling her to change into pajama pants or sweats and she always tells me no and she's fine. It drives me crazy because to me sleeping in jeans is uncomfortable as hell. I know in the grand scheme of things wearing jeans to bed is no big deal and won't hurt her but it annoys the ever loving Crap out of me. So to make me feel better tell me things thatt your kids do that annoy you but aren't that big of a deal.
  • OUCHOUCH
    My 11 year old daughter forgets to flush the toilet, yet my 2 year old flushes it constantly.
    Same 11 year old is constantly drumming on things or making other random noises.
    4 year old son and 2 year old play more with things that aren't theirs than things that are.
    17 year old daughter giggles. Constantly. Not her fault but still bugs me.
    "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate." - UNK
    "The amazing thing about life is that you choose what you allow into it, you choose how things affect you, you choose how you react. Happiness is a choice. Make it." - UNK
    "Tattoos don't define the person, the person defines the tattoos." - Me
    “The pain now is part of the happiness then” – CS Lewis
  • OUCHOUCH
    My 11 year old daughter forgets to flush the toilet, yet my 2 year old flushes it constantly.
    Same 11 year old is constantly drumming on things or making other random noises.
    4 year old son and 2 year old play more with things that aren't theirs than things that are.
    17 year old daughter giggles. Constantly. Not her fault but still bugs me.
    "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate." - UNK
    "The amazing thing about life is that you choose what you allow into it, you choose how things affect you, you choose how you react. Happiness is a choice. Make it." - UNK
    "Tattoos don't define the person, the person defines the tattoos." - Me
    “The pain now is part of the happiness then” – CS Lewis
  • irishlassirishlass
    My 3yo is awesome about going to the toilet. I literally cannot remember the last accident, and he always washes his hands. Except in public bathrooms he touches EVERYTHING! He will wash his hands and then stroke the edges of the sinks or sit on the floor inside the stall. Drives me fucking batty, it is disgusting!!! We have rules now, I wash his hands. Then I hold them until I've dried them and then he holds my hand walking out. If he leans out and rubs his hands all over the walls walking out I make him start again. Its so gross!
    "Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter." - Dr. Seuss
  • lostinthewindlostinthewind
    DD when getting into bath ends up somehow keeping her panties in her jeans when she takes them off. No clue hoe she manages this! DS gets up at the crack of dawn just so he can play video games before school.
  • katz_meowkatz_meow
    Everyone is guilty of this, including me. Taking our socks off and. Leaving them bunched up.

Dd8 talks incessantly. And she always has to be right or have the last word.

Ds11 challenges everything I tell him to do. Take dog out.
    Can I finish this youtube video?
    brush teeth.
    I want a snack!
    Put pj's on.
    I'm watching a show!
    Go put your clothes away
    Can I do it tomorrow? I'm tired.

Lol. They all drive me nuts. Don't even get me started on dh
    There is nothing to be gained from treating others poorly.

Don't be a dick.
  • PurpleFlowersPurpleFlowers
    Ds11 sleeps in his clothes and shoes too. It drives me absolutely crazy!! He had his shoes off the other day in bed and said to me" you know I must be sick cuz Im not wearing my shoes" My kids a freak! lol
    Stay away from my chocolate and nobody gets hurt!

I think I like who I am becoming...
  • missmama5missmama5
    My son is the same way with the incessant taking and always being right/having the last word lol drives me nuts! Just shh!
  • GingersnapGingersnap
    My DS9 watches bits of movies obsessively. Might be an 8 second clip that he'll stim with. Most recently: 4 second clip from a classic Looney Toons feature, repeated over and over for thirty minutes (that was the length of his computer turn). 
    “The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.” ― Joseph Campbell
  • DemandaDemanda
    Remember that guy from Police Academy with the sound effects? My son is like that. Like, non-stop. And if it's not sound effects he's making techno beats.

The girl, she talks incredibly fast and mumbles and then gets mad when we ask her to slow down or repeat herself.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." ~ Gloria SteinemPhotobucket
  • Thorne
    @gingersnap - my Ds does this too lol if he has control of the remote / mouse - its a constant ff and rw to his favorite part lol
    There is no agony like bearing an untold story inside of you. – Maya Angelou.

If you have only one smile in you, give it to the people you love. Don’t be surly at home, then go out in the street and start grinning ‘Good morning’ at total strangers. – Maya Angelou.
  • cheesehead4ever

My 8 year old constantly goes to bed wearing jeans (usually what she wore to school that day). I'm always telling her to change into pajama pants or sweats and she always tells me no and she's fine. It drives me crazy because to me sleeping in jeans is uncomfortable as hell. I know in the grand scheme of things wearing jeans to bed is no big deal and won't hurt her but it annoys the ever loving Crap out of me. So to make me feel better tell me things thatt your kids do that annoy you but aren't that big of a deal.

My 8 year old DD does the exact same thing. She only wears pj's about half the time. She also refuses to sleep in her bed, only on top. But her bed gets destroyed anyway and needs to be still made in the morning.
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    My Stbxh claimed that a friend of his went to sleep with jeans on . More than likely he passed out completely drunk !! And slept really oodly and since his pants were so freaking tight it cut the circulation off and he ended up having his leg cut off !! I highly doubt it happend , but the kids dad will not let anyone sleep in jeans !! If they fall asleep in them in the car or something , I have to take them off of the kid while they are asleep.
    " Wibbly wobbly timey wimey ......." The Doctor
    " I'm a leafe on the wind..watch how I soar ." Wash :((
    " Oh the wall had it comming.' Sherlock Holmes
    yea I am geek !!
  • GingersnapGingersnap
    @Thorne - most of the time he wears headphones and I have to limit his stim time or he gets a bit hard to reach. Even though I know what is going on, it can drive me right up the fucking wall. 

Also, you have my sympathies. :))
  • KrabbyKay

DD12 talks incessantly. Always has. Drives me MAD. Once when she was younger I did an experiment on the (back then) 45 min drive home. I never said a single thing except "mmm", and she never even took a gd breath that I could tell!!!!!

DS9 ...ugh. Slides in his socks everywhere (and of course falls). Only ever hears the first word you say and then dashes off (sliding). I mean he does try to do right, but HOW CAN YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS if I'm only ever going to get to say ONE WORD!  I have taken to shouting "LAUNDRY!" and "HOMEWORK" and "DINNER" and things! How did this get to be my life?!?

Kids are 4 yrs apart, but they *both* went through this nutty, crazy-making stage when they would get really wound up about...whatever!!...and start making strange, random noises. Not words, not beats, just odd noises in strings...Lord it drove me to the brink, and I really wondered if something was the matter with them mentally. 

And like katzmeow, don't even get me going with DH.

• KrabbyKay
    SEE how crazy I am??? DS is 8. Not 9. In fact, he isn't even 8 till January, it's just easier. Or something.
  • sidsmommy3sidsmommy3
    She's 13...she could flip out at any moment.....ack

She leaves her clothes inside out constantly.......

NEVER replaces the toilet paper roll
    Mary :-)

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • MegsueMegsue
    DS3 is obsessed with "Army guys" and Lego City Police videos on YouTube and watches them constantly. Then he runs around EVERYWHERE pretending to shoot people. The mailman, BANG!! dead...the little old lady walking down the street...taliban, the guy stocking shelves at the grocery store...he's robbing it and needs to go to jail. It's embarrassing as hell. Makes me think that I'm a bad mommy for letting his head get filled with this shit in the first place. It wouldn't be so bad if he'd just talk about it, but he yells this stuff at the top of his little lungs at people. WTF?
  • Furball1980Furball1980
    Ds 8 talks to himself.....
  • WillileeWillilee
    The DSDs talk like toddlers when they are on the phone with their bio mom. They are 14 and 16. It annoys me but it reaaaaalllllyyyyy skeeves me out too. It's like I can see them regressing when they talk to her.

And has there ever been a more annoying condiment then fucking Nutella? It's just liquid-y enough to get on EVERYTHING whenever they open the jar.
  • SasafrasSasafras
    Dd won't keep her god damn socks on!!!! Dude it's -40 below keep your fucking socks on!! We would like to keep your feet a few more years k? Ugh

And she will cry/whine for something, ill ask her what she wants and all she will do is say and try to drag me to wherever that "thing" is. Refuses to talk and tell "thirsty" "hungry" just please and pull on my hand.

Last but not least, after 10 minutes of please, and tryin to drag me places, all she wanted was a different color pacifier. Not even joking, she looks at the colors and then tries them out and hands me the one she didn't want and she's happy as can be.
  • cheesehead4ever
    Sasafras said:

Dd won't keep her god damn socks on!!!! Dude it's -40 below keep your fucking socks on!! We would like to keep your feet a few more years k?

When DD was about two she started going sockless all winter in the house. Would not keep them on and half the time would not keep her clothes on. Then in the summer she would become obsessed with a particular hoodie sweatshirt and wear it everyday of the summer no matter how hot it was. Fortunately this only lasted about four years.
  • GingersnapGingersnap
    Yes. My eldest keeps asking for junk food every 15-30 minutes starting whenever he gets up. The kids have junk food rations, but they don't get any junk food before 10AM. At 10:05AM, he got his fifteen little crunchy cheetos. That's it for the day. He's asked me twice for more. It's 10:45AM. I never give him more. I never change from "no" to "yes". Ever. He's 9. I know he's got autism, but why oh why am I not being rewarded for being consistent? FUCK!
  • undercoverbanana
    my daughter singing the mama song when i am trying to wake up and drink coffee. The puppy crying for me to go to bed with her after she eats. And if she's mad, wiping her butt on my bed. My sons stash of dirty dishes in his room. And the fact that half the time he will live on macaroni instead of eating what i made for dinner. Daughter leaving a trail of shit everywhere...shoes in the kitchen, clothes on the couch, purse where i sit, water bottles everywhere. Sinks full of dishes when the dishwasher is empty.
    i'm nekkid.
  • MarySunshineMarySunshine
    *sigh* At 2.5-almost 3 DS has the last word all the time. And he's either quiet or TALKING. ALL. THE. FUCKING. TIME. He yells at us if we sing along to the iTunes. Dude, if you're going to insist on "playing songs", you're gonna deal with Mom and Dad singing. He runs circles around the kitchen table. Drives me insane. I'm being punished for being a picky eater, because he is the pickiest kid I have come across and I've come across a shit ton of kids. And stubborn. He makes mules and donkies look like pushovers.
    "I don't poop. I create magic."- ABC

I'm as sexy as a burp mid-kiss. Watch out!

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
  • KellynnKellynn
    My ds8 won't leave his clothes on in the house and it's driving my dh nuts. He's got to be freezing, but still does it. The minute he's home from school every day, there go the clothes. If we are at home on the weekend, same thing.
  • JustAConfusedMamaJustAConfusedMama
    My DS 19 mths fights almost every diaper and clothes change.  Sometimes I can get him distracted by the tv but most times its a chase and just trying to pull off clothes as i put them on and lots of wriggling and kicking.  He also listens to nothing I asked him to do.  I know he understands because he will listen to Daddy, but not me.
    If you would like to sponsor me for the Imagine Walk for Autism in April, for my friend's son please click the below link and donate.
    http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/sfamily/12th-imagine-walk-and-family-fun-day-for-autism
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    @dolphinlover26 I have to chase my 4 year old down to change him !!

DS 12 talks to his video games or iPod or his shoelaces. If something is not going right. He starts out a normal voice and then gets higher and higher pitched with grows and squeaks ! It makes my head twitch !!! He turns bright red too.
    yea I am geek !!
  • KiinuKiinu
    DH and I have decided that DsD6 plays stupid with me for the sole purpose of pissing me off.. Like, she does stuff that makes no sense, just to see if I'll get mad. Today it was mashing her lunch all over her face, and then wiping it with her hands, and wiping those on her pants. When I brought her to the kitchen to clean her up she just stood there like she couldn't wash her hands.. Then she tossed her paper towel in the sink after drying her hands, ThEN went to watch TV in the living room like nobody else was eating.

Honestly, wtf? Shit like that happens EVERYDAY we are with her.

Oh, and she flushes the toilet every time she pees, but leaves her shit behind to surprise the next person.
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    The last few days, damn near every thing she does is with the intention of annoying the crap out of me, and she's not even a teenager yet.  I may not survive the teens!
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • PurpleFlowersPurpleFlowers
    Ds never fucking stops talking! Drives me insane. I like quiet. Funny thing is, he didnt talk at all until almost 3. He was in speech therapy and was learning signing. Im thinking he just saved it all up to irritate me later ;)
    Stay away from my chocolate and nobody gets hurt!

I think I like who I am becoming...
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    DS found his wistle :-\" that is all !!!
    yea I am geek !!
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    momofdbb said:

DS found his wistle :-\" that is all !!!

If my mother mentions learning to whistle one more f'g time to dd, I may have to scream!
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • BeachyBeachy
    Breathe
    Searching for my lost shaker of salt.
  • BeachyBeachy
    I am totally fuckin kidding but when I see the title of this thread that's what I think!
    Dd2 won't keep her clothes on, which is cool but my dh has a hissy fit.
    Dd4 is , well, 4. Why mama why mama why mama why mama. And she's sassy too boot.
    But I love the bejesus out of them.
    And beer, I love beer.
    @beerwench
    Searching for my lost shaker of salt.
  • deviantqueendeviantqueen
    Love my kids but hate how they cannot walk. They hop, skip, tap dance everywhere including my apt. My poor neighbors. Also they both love to talk over each other.
  • KrabbyKay
    ^^ THAT!!! Ugggghhhhhhhh!!!!!
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    @BellaBefana thankfully it is just a plastic one that is somehow gotten lost .... :-O ! =))
    yea I am geek !!
  • GisleyandHank

When my kids play on their own they're quiet, but when they play together then DD5 starts screaming and tearing around. I like that they play together and I don't want to discourage them, but when they scream it makes me want to scream.

It also makes me crazy that DD always wants me to inspect her butt after she poops. She'll spring it on me, too. "Mom!" "What's up?" "Is my butt clean?".

• meandmy243meandmy243
    My DS will point at something and say that... he's 6 ...
    Dss wont shut up to save his life
    They both steal anything that's not tacked down and then hide random stuff..
    let them eat cake! because id rather have pie!!!
  • CrashCrash
    My 10 yo thinks out loud. I've spent more time telling her to shut her pie hole this week....what is UP with that?! She's an extrovert, she must talk out loud in order to figure things out, but I'm an introvert! Shut it, and figure it out in your head! Like normal people! Hahah. Sorry babe.

My 8 yo simply has to take everything out at all times to do his projects. Yes, you have to organize your racecars. And, you have to find something to play on the wii. And you simply must create a new paper figure (Don't call it a paper doll!) from Captain Underpants. But honestly? You have to get out ALL the cars? And ALL the discs? And ALL the markers/paper/scissors? *sigh*

My 6 yo....entirely too rational for her own good. "Why do I have to clean up my stuff? *You're* just on the computer! I was in school all day!" Seriously. All day. Listen kid. Your mess....not mine. You clean it. She's going to be a handful as a teenager.
    Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • BeerWenchBeerWench
    @beachy someone said beer.
    :¦:-•:*'""*:•.-:¦:-•** She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten**•-:¦:-•:*'""*:• -:¦:-
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    He is not going to sleep!!!
    yea I am geek !!
  • CalliopemarieCalliopemarie
    dd4 wont go to bed. dd5 is constantly saying mommy all the time.
  • JustAConfusedMamaJustAConfusedMama
    @momofdbb,  i'm sorry that can't be fun.   ugh I hope he grows out of it before 4.
    If you would like to sponsor me for the Imagine Walk for Autism in April, for my friend's son please click the below link and donate.
    http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/sfamily/12th-imagine-walk-and-family-fun-day-for-autism
  • coda
    not a single one of my 5 kids can turn their socks right-side-out before putting them in the laundry.  It is so gross to have to unbunch and turn dirty sweaty ride-side-out so they get cleaned in the wash.  And the bonus dusty dirty sweaty baseball socks!!!!  I have gone on crazy lectures and performed demonstrations but nothing gives.  
  • MommiFriedMommiFried
    My youngest son just turned 13. He always has to have the last word! Drives me bonkers!!!
  • LiquidPeppermintLiquidPeppermint
    DD2 will drink from her sippy cup, then spit the water into any other container (Mega-blok, cup, plastic Easter egg, etc), then drink the water from that or, worse, POUR it out on the coffee table.  I take the sippy away when she does it, but I can't very well deny her water, can I?

DSS15 will not do ANYTHING efficiently or with alacrity.  If I say "put on your shoes, the movie starts in fifteen minutes," it will be six minutes before he actually GETS them on.  He refuses to watch anything with us as a family, in the living room, without having the laptop on his lap and giggling at whatever he's looking at.  The only exception is if we ask him to do something.  If I say, "Will you get DD2 a new cup of water?" he sits there and stares at the TV like whatever's on it is the MOST interesting thing he's ever seen, even if it's Bill-effing-O'reilly!  I've tried turning off the cable box, but he'll just stare at the Dish messages.  If I turn the TV off, he'll stare at the blank screen.  Weird.
  • ImWendyImWendy
    For me today, the appropriate question would be "Does your child do anything that does NOT annoy the crap out of you."

Geez. Losing my mind over here today!
    deus ex machina
  • PyrallisPyrallis
    my DS1 y/o  cant get his hands out the mopping bucket whenever he sees it and sometimes i mop with chlorum disolved in water....its dangerous for him and his cloting gets stained :( yesterday i totally forgot to empty the bucket and when i realized he was already soaking his arms in the water :( i washed his hands and he was ok but his new sweater got ruined....He is a good boy and hardly touches anything dangerous, but THE BUCKET...is like he's lives waiting for me to get distracted.
    No Lamb for the Lazy Wolf
  • UnrestMomUnrestMom
    DS16 still picks his nose! 

Me: quit picking your nose and wash your hands
    5 mins later
    5 mins later

REPEAT all fucking night long.