No turkey day for us :(
  • Ashdawn684Ashdawn684
    All the plans were to go somewhere to a restaurant because no one wanted to cook. I offered but no one wanted to help out with the cost I can't do it for 15 plus people. Now in-laws say they just are not going to do anything because they don't feel like it!!! Well wtf?! I now have to try to throw together something for dd, she deserves something!! I'm just pissed
    ~Live life to the fullest, or die trying~
  • SchweddyBallsSchweddyBalls
    No fucking bueno......I pm'd you betch.......
    I'm the nicest person you will ever meet, UNTIL you fuck with me or the betches I love.......
  • LesboMomLesboMom
    Awwww I am sorry honey. That sucks. I hate when families bail. You guys should still go out and do something nice if you can. Or stay home and make a low key something. Get a turkey breast which is WELL enough to feed three people for two meals at least, get some potatoes, green beans, and the stuff to make one dessert and you are set. It doesn't have to be a BIIIIG to-do, just a little nicer than a normal day. I have loooots of ideas if you want some help. 

confessional-manager

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow. -- Helen Keller
  • Mommyliciousx4Mommyliciousx4
    Id be pissed to.
    Atleast this way you can cook what you want and not have to worry about a crowd.
    Or you guys could go ahead and go to a restaurant and do dessert at home.
  • Ashdawn684Ashdawn684
    Yeah, it just pissed me off so bad!! I will throw something together for the three of us I just hate last min changes and shit!!
  • undercoverbanana
    Wow. So if you you didn't pay for it all and cook it with no help, they weren't interested? Sounds like dhs family. Except for a couple of his siblings.
    i'm nekkid.
  • kittykisses80kittykisses80
    Poop on them than. Hope you had a decent Turkey day! Some families are a bitch to work with.
  • Ashdawn684Ashdawn684
    We did actually! Just the three of us no drama nothing it was wonderful!
  • faery74faery74
    Glad to know it went well.
  • Katescrazymom

My parents ended up living 3 hours away from their families.  Mom is really close to her family, so it must have been hard for her, but we always had dinner for our immediate family, and sometimes friends, too.

It can be nice to have a smaller group.

• gramalibbygramalibby
    Good for you , small can be good
  • kta2012
    so sorry ....its bs the IL"s bailed
  • GisleyandHank

DH and I were working for Thanksgiving so we planned to have family over on Saturday. We ended up getting the stomach bug on Friday and MIL called and said she didn't want to be around sick people so we decided to skip Thanksgiving this year. Then MIL informed us via text on Sunday morning that she wanted lunch before she left town that day. She showed up (I was still too sick to get out of bed) and threw a huge fit because there was no Thanksgiving meal fixed for her. This year sucked, next year they can all go fuck themselves.

• Ashdawn684Ashdawn684
    Next year I plan on doing the same thing, turkey day for the three of us and be done It was nice and quiet and pants optional :D
  • AKimiBAKimiB
    "Pants optional" is always a win. ;)
    SMSM_s_5 photo SMSM_s_5_zps5d122d86.jpg