The Daily Snap: Where in the World?!?
  • mommydeliriousmommydelirious
    Yesterday we showed each other some places/things from our home towns. Today I though we could do our Dream Destinations. I know I can get to at least SOME of these places if I find a way to make a lotta money quick, or save a lot of money over time. Or figure out how to fit my fat ass into a suitcase sized pretzel.

Pick more than one if you want! I am!
    Post a pic if you can!
    Photobucket

Ireland ... @irishlass you better be available to hang :P

Scotland

Spain Please!
    Photobucket

Switzerland too! 

Photobucket
  • CrashCrash
    Caving in Belize:

Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • DreamerDreamer

Greece:image

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other. Which one are you?
  • shate98shate98

Bora Bora

Machu Picchu

Been to both and HAVE TO GO BACK!!!image
    "As you wander through your life, whatever be your goal,
    keep your eye upon the doughnut, not upon the hole."
  • GritsGrits

This is a lake in Montana. It appears very shallow because the water is so clear, but it's actually very deep. I would love to see this in person.

This lake in New Zealand.

"I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn
    Those are cool @grits!
    Photobucket
  • shate98shate98
    @grits... making mental note to go to Montana. Do you know the name of the lake?
  • GritsGrits
    I think so @mommydelirious! I got an email that had tons of awesome images from places around the world. I'd love to see them all...so amazing! 
    "I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn
  • GritsGrits
    @shate98, I'm looking now...hoping I can find it.

Edit: It's Flathead Lake in Northwest Montana.
  • shate98shate98
    @grits thanks!
  • BradsCrazyMomBradsCrazyMom
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Italy
  • SammieSammie
    Italy for me, please. If I didn't love my family so damn much, we would definitely consider a move. 

community-manager

• chaosmomchaosmom
    Australia!

And Austria
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    Photobucket

gettysburg Pictures, Images and Photos
    " Wibbly wobbly timey wimey ......." The Doctor
    " I'm a leafe on the wind..watch how I soar ." Wash :((
    " Oh the wall had it comming.' Sherlock Holmes
    yea I am geek !!
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    Well that's odd ! Lol I ment to put a different picture, Not the cat. I'll try again.
    yea I am geek !!
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    Abraham Lincoln statue Pictures, Images and Photos
    yea I am geek !!
  • ChristyJChristyJ

@momofdbb....we just went in September.  It was wonderful.  If you ever do get a chance to go, give yourself a full day just for the Mall and make sure you plan 6 months in advance as you have to request tickets from your Representative and/or Senator for the White House and they take a long time to process.

Oh, and bring very good shoes.  My legs are still hurting!

Imperfect and proud of it.
  • JustAConfusedMamaJustAConfusedMama
    Going to Venice is on my bucket list.
    If you would like to sponsor me for the Imagine Walk for Autism in April, for my friend's son please click the below link and donate.
    http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/sfamily/12th-imagine-walk-and-family-fun-day-for-autism
    @dolphinlover26 I have a friend who went there on her honeymoon not too long ago...lucky thing eh!
    Photobucket
    Anywhere in Italy would do though.
    If you would like to sponsor me for the Imagine Walk for Autism in April, for my friend's son please click the below link and donate.
    http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/sfamily/12th-imagine-walk-and-family-fun-day-for-autism

@dolphinlover26 I have a friend who went there on her honeymoon not too long ago...lucky thing eh!

@mommydelirious, what an awesome honeymoon that must have been.  Mine was one night in a hotel in Newport, Ri.  lol
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    @ChristyJ I have joked that I would not see the light of day for at least a week! I would be in the museums !! The other place I posted is Gettysburg. I forgot to lable it. But I have one rule. I will not sleep inside the city. I will have to go to the next city to sleep, and will not stay in the area after dark. Too many deaths , too many possible ghosts.
    yea I am geek !!
  • ChristyJChristyJ

@momofdbb, I understand you hesitantcy with Gettysburg.  The sad thing is, we are so relatively close to so many historic sites in Kentucky and we just don't think about seeing them.  Now that DS is getting older, we are making it a point to do so.

Imperfect and proud of it.
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    It is a big time for Civil War things it's the 150 anniversary of it well part of it anyway. There are big reenactments at major places.
    yea I am geek !!
  • GritsGrits
    ChristyJ said:

@momofdbb, I understand you hesitantcy with Gettysburg.  The sad thing is, we are so relatively close to so many historic sites in Kentucky and we just don't think about seeing them.  Now that DS is getting older, we are making it a point to do so.

Have you ever been to Fort Harrod? It's pretty damn cool. And the Perryville Battlefield is awesome, too!
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    I haven't been to that many, just some here in the south . Chattanooga , Mobile, Tanniehill , ( local furnace that was destroyed ) , Shiloh , Vicksburg , and while not a Civil War place Horseshoe bend. It was in the Creek-American war. I have been to Vicksburg and Horseshoe Bend so many times I can give a halfway decent tour ! I had an ancestor who was at Vicksburg and he was at Gettysburg too. He didn't do that good at Gettysburg though , he was captured and held in a POW camp till the end if the war.
    yea I am geek !!
  • shate98shate98

@momofdbb we just camped outside of Gettysburg (not that it's too far away for just a day trip). If you love it so much you have to come up next year for the 150. The best part? It's free, unless you want to go into the museum building. Otherwise, free. And it's close to Antietam, Monocacy and South Mountain.

<- history buff :D

• I want to go to St. Barts. I have been on a cruise years ago but would like a spa vacation where I could get massages by cute locals and drink margaritas on the beach.image
    "Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save."
    -Will Smith
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    @shate98 I really want to go for that !! We will see my stbxh is a big history buff too and wants to take the kids to it. We will have to see. I would love to see where my ancestor was injured and captured. He would have been killed but he loved his Mamma ! He had a silver plated picture frame with her picture in his breast pocket !
    yea I am geek !!
  • shate98shate98

@momofdbb aw! there are so many wonderful stories like that, and so many tragedies. you should try to come up if you love it so much. :)

and btw- I recognized the cannon, even without a label. lol.

• rockmomrockmom
    @grits You're my kind of lady! I study lakes as a graduate student in geology, love love love them! 

As for me, dump me somewhere in the mountains. Any mountains will do. Also, tropical beaches. Any of those will suffice as well :)
    tripp175a
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    Lol. I REALLY want too!!!
    Oh I just remembered a diffrent battle field I went too ! New Orleans !
    yea I am geek !!
  • lbm05trr09
    My dream place the bahamas but ill settle for florida to see family
  • GritsGrits
    rockmom said:

@grits You're my kind of lady! I study lakes as a graduate student in geology, love love love them! 

Well then maybe you can tell me...why is that lake so damn clear?? All I can find is that it's related to high acidity levels...