What do you do to avoiding the stress of election results?
  • ChristyJChristyJ

Last night I did not watch Bones or Castle.  I just taped them on DVR so I can watch them tonight and avoid the election results until the morning because we are on the East Coast and it will be the wee hours of the morning at the earliest before a final outcome will be announced.

Anybody else play the avoidance game?

Imperfect and proud of it.
  • episcopal
    For me, it's just the opposite.  I've been checking back and forth between CNN and various newspaper websites in swing states to see the polls.  I am far more nervous about this election than any since at least 2000 and the recount.  I'm already feeling on edge this morning.
  • VegantasticVegantastic
    I'll be obsessively checking my iPod and probably trying to watch something other than analysis, but not succeeding.
    "Be the change you wish to see in the world"
    "Don't Panic"
  • tothemoonandbacktothemoonandback
    Oh i'm sure I'll be constantly checking the results.. it's exciting to me!
    Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. - Marilyn Monroe
  • mamamaybe
    I will hopefully be ignoring (or denying) until tomorrow. I am tuning out once I get through the Polls - got too many other things I can actually control to stress about. (Besides, FB will tell me what is going on :D )
  • Beccas5
    tonight I will be at a soccer game.
  • LLBLLB
    Yeah... I've gotta admit I will be sitting there staring at the results all night. Probably yelling at the tv on occasion.

I don't really "want" any of the candidates (including the local ones) but it's like a trainwreck you don't really want to see but can't look away!
  • SchweddyBallsSchweddyBalls
    I will be grocery shopping them cleaning house till skids get home......no tv whilst cleaning. Then I will be hanging out with said skids, doing homework, running to and from practices, then watching random shows onDemand till El Jeffe passes the fuck out and I can go to sleep on that new fangled giant stale marshmellow he brought home. We don't agree on anything political.......avoidance is my middle name today!!!!!
    I'm the nicest person you will ever meet, UNTIL you fuck with me or the betches I love.......
  • FreeToBeMee
    This will surprise no one I am sure but tonight is like Super Bowl X10 for me. I'm doing a 4-6 pre-poll happy hour, then going 2 doors down and watching the first sets of returns at another restaurant/lounge then flying home to be at the watch party my next door neighbors are having by the time the 9pm EST polls close.

I have 2 screens here at work so I have 2 different news tabs open plus twitter and facebook. This will undoubtedly be the longest day in the world because I am in it til the last poll closes. Of course i still believe that we wont have an outcome tomorrow morning and I firmly believe it will be either Ohio or Florida's fault. There is some FUCKED UP shit going on in some areas there.
  • shate98shate98
    @ChristyJ I dvr'ed Castle as well, and I saved the Mentalist and Mythbusters from Sunday. I'm hoping the DVR can keep me away from the news channels, at least until bedtime. :)
    "As you wander through your life, whatever be your goal,
    keep your eye upon the doughnut, not upon the hole."
  • VegantasticVegantastic
    @FreeToBeMee positive thoughts!! Florida and Ohio WILL be able to hold fair elections like normal Americans. They will! They will!!! %%- %%-
    "Be the change you wish to see in the world"
    "Don't Panic"
  • warriormommy3warriormommy3
    I play the avoidance game too.. I cant sit and watch the polls all day.. just when they announce the winner. although to be fair I do this with things like american idol and dancing with the stars . these reveal shows are too drawn out . just tell us who won so i can move on with my life! why should the election be any different 

• LLBLLB
    SAHM1020 said:

@FreeToBeMee positive thoughts!! Florida and Ohio WILL be able to hold fair elections like normal Americans. They will! They will!!! %%- %%-

Not holding my breath on that one! I'm predicting a "hanging chad" like thing if the results are really close. Which based on the polls they probably will be!

• WillileeWillilee
    Can't get away from it. DH is a junkie. Even when I am upstairs he is yelling stuff up at me. Dude. That just said "6% counted". He's a goof.

I'm OK with getting up tomorrow not knowing.
  • ChristyJChristyJ
    @Willilee...I already broke my promise.  I have local reports on one tab, national on another, and SM on another.  I already got put in time out for cussing.  A local race BTW, which it turns out, is going in my favor now.
  • undercoverbanana
    I avoided, too. I watched recorded things all night and avoided the news.....but turned it on first thing this morning. I also avoided talking to anybody, and avoided sm because everybody has been so high strung this year. And I have decided never to get involved in political discussions again. Ever. I think my uncle has the best idea.....dont discuss politics with anyone. Do, and dont say.
    i'm nekkid.
  • GingersnapGingersnap
    Normally, I snuggle with the kids and watch DVDs (no broadcast TV). Last night, I think I had an ovarian cyst burst (vomiting, diarrhea, intense pain, faintness). Could've just been a really nasty bowel bug though... I can't recommend it, but I didn't give a damn about the election from 7:30PM until I woke up this morning.  
    “The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.” ― Joseph Campbell
  • SaraMommySaraMommy
    I'm trying to stay on SM this morning to avoid the hatred and disrespect on facebook and twitter, but it's not working! I understand that not everyone can be happy with the results, but I still believe OUR President deserves respect. We are all Americans and we need to work together! All of this hate is making my head hurt.
  • GingersnapGingersnap
    I was pretty butthurt when W. got in (and re-elected), so I have a level of tolerance happening now. 
    “The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.” ― Joseph Campbell
  • ChristyJChristyJ

@Gingersnap, I had/have PCOS but I was one of the lucky ones that pregnancy took care of the worst of the symptoms.  So sorry you were going through that!

I got into the results last night anyway.  Could not sleep.  I was not happy with some, I was ecstatic over others.  All in all, not one for the books.

• katiekins2012
    BEER