whats for dinner?
  • Beccas5

Im so tired of making the same dinners all the time. What one of your family favs I need some new ideas

• LesboMomLesboMom
    We had veggie burgers and sweet potato fries tonight

confessional-manager

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow. -- Helen Keller
  • chicken nuggets and arrowroot cookies
    "Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save."
    -Will Smith
  • GritsGrits
    Smoked sausage and red beans n rice.

Peach bbq pork chops (in the crockpot--ridiculously easy)

Reubens n fries
    "I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn
  • LilbitLilbit
    Chili rubber tilapia rice pilaf and steamed broccoli
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    Idk either were a meat and taters family... and were out of potatoes.. other than venision we have a couple cheap steaks and a couple of roasts and a few chicken thighs..
    let them eat cake! because id rather have pie!!!
  • cheshirecheshire

Oven roasted chicken with potatoes and carrots... Chinese stirfry.... Enchilada's... Chicken soup... Chicken curry.... Just a few of my favorite dinners. mmm now I'm hungry

• SasafrasSasafras
    PorkettA an potatoes tonight, we usually make meals for the week durin the weekend, or at least we try.
    So I also have stroganfa <--- doesn't look right, bacon cheeseburgers, pasta salad. :)
  • Manders15Manders15
    Beef stroganof, broiled porkchops seasoned  (no grill at the apt) w/ steamed veggies or rice pilaf on the side, potato soup this time of year, chicken fried rice, kielbasa & pierogi, meatloaf, I keep experimenting w different mac & cheese recipes, pork roast/ loin roasted in the oven, and my fall back easy night is often pasta with garlic, olive oil, white cooking wine & red pepper
  • SchweddyBallsSchweddyBalls
    Left over steak made into quesadillas with sides of beans on rice....home made quac and salsa......I'm stuffed!!!!
    I'm the nicest person you will ever meet, UNTIL you fuck with me or the betches I love.......
  • BunnyBunny
    crock pot shredded chicken tacos, taco bake with crescent rolls, Pot roast, Crock pot pork chops, bbq chicken in the oven with your own bbq sauce, homemade clam chowder (the recipe i have is REALLY amazing!). 
    Crazy? I was crazy once...they locked me in a room with no windows. That drove me nuts. Nuts! Squirrels eat nuts. They drive me crazy. Crazy! I was crazy once..
  • momtomany74

We had to get creative since we're almost broke till Friday but we had tuna noddle casserole made with what we have left in our cupboards. The noodles were macaroni and we used most of the traditional ingredients but added french fried onions.

Meh-it was edible.

• momtomany74
    Bunny said:

crock pot shredded chicken tacos, taco bake with crescent rolls, Pot roast, Crock pot pork chops, bbq chicken in the oven with your own bbq sauce, homemade clam chowder (the recipe i have is REALLY amazing!). 

mmmmm...do share the recipe :)
  • AllOrNothingAllOrNothing
    We had mushroom chicken, fingerling potatoes w/ butter and chives and roasted cauliflower.
    I hear ya on the boredom front. Sometimes we just get in a rut.
  • CrashCrash
    Mmmm....we had pot roast with mashed potatoes, homemade gravy, and yorkshire pudding. Damn, I impressed myself tonight!
    Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • Beccas5
    lots of ideas thanks everyone
  • KacerpieKacerpie
    Were having meatballs and rice with peas. Tomorrow is lasagna, then tofu veg stir fry, carnetas tacos, and spaghetti & sausage. We also do Vietnamese beef stew, regular stew, chk and dumplings, home made mac n cheese...
    "Please don't talk mom... It makes my brain work..."
  • Bakerface
    Canned chicken, cream of mushroom soup, cream of broccoli soup, frozen cauliflower and broccoli mixed with stove top stuffing all stirred up in a big pot. It's delish but looks disgusting
  • BunnyBunny
    @momtomany74 , The clam chowder one? 
    Crazy? I was crazy once...they locked me in a room with no windows. That drove me nuts. Nuts! Squirrels eat nuts. They drive me crazy. Crazy! I was crazy once..
  • BunnyBunny

1 PACKAGE BACON

2 LARGE ONIONS

4-6 CLOVES GARLIC MINCED

3 STALKS CELERY, CHOPPED

4 CUPS CHICKEN STOCK

6-8 RED POTATOES, CUBED, SKIN ON

3 BOTTLES CLAM JUICE

AS MUCH SEAFOOD AS YOU WANT, CLAMS, CRAB, SHRIMP

2-3 TABLESPOONS CRUSHED ROSEMARY

3-4 CUPS CREAM

SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE

OPTIONAL – SHERRY

SUGAR TO TASTE

Cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Sauté onions, garlic and celery in bacon fat until onion is soft and translucent. Remove to food processor or blender. Drain any remaining grease from the pot. Add the chicken stock and potatoes. While the potatoes begin cooking, chop or crumble the bacon into the onion mixture, add the clam juice and process until nearly smooth. (May be done in batches). Add to the potatoes.  Add the seafood and rosemary. When the potatoes are done add the crème and adjust the seasoning. Reheat to a low simmer and serve.  Optional: About a teaspoon of Sherry swirled on top in the serving bowl gives a wonderful taste and sweetness to the chowder.

I don't use the blender, i like it chunky :) I also don't use the sherry and only use 1 onion :) 

• Kenb
    spagetti, lasgana, nachos/tacos, chicken helper!
  • deviltwinsmommadeviltwinsmomma
    Chicken enchiladas and my version of cuban rice steamed rice with fried corn and black beans. Soo we all have some major gas now tee hee.
    my mother used to sing me a song. It went like this: "Life is short, life is shit, and soon it will be over.
  • roobear8408roobear8408
    Tonight was frozen pizza.. Yucky! We do Fried or baked Chicken. or Baked or Grilled Pork Chops! With all different sides of course!
  • Marionettevie
    we had lime cilantro marinated steaks with cheesy sundried tomato pasta and salad tonight

the night before yesterday we had brocolli cheese soup with turkey, avocado paninis. and the night before that we had chicken noodle soup because we were sick.
  • Beccas5

I cant wait to try these out. just reading them makes me hungry

• Beccas5
    @Bunny on your recipe what kind of cream do you use? I have never made Clam Chowder but I love it
  • sunnymommasunnymomma
    awww shit you mean i have to cook again tonight? I just cooked last night. hmph. I made ghetto chicken alfredo, leftover egg noodles, salt and pepper chicken tenders from the butcher shop, alfredo sauce and garlic bread. It worked just as well as using plain chicken and slicing it up. the breading didnt hold up to well once the sauce hit it but it was edible. oh and garlic bread. mmm 
    I am me, and I am loved
  • momtomany74
    Bunny said:

1 PACKAGE BACON

2 LARGE ONIONS

4-6 CLOVES GARLIC MINCED

3 STALKS CELERY, CHOPPED

4 CUPS CHICKEN STOCK

6-8 RED POTATOES, CUBED, SKIN ON

3 BOTTLES CLAM JUICE

AS MUCH SEAFOOD AS YOU WANT, CLAMS, CRAB, SHRIMP

2-3 TABLESPOONS CRUSHED ROSEMARY

3-4 CUPS CREAM

SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE

OPTIONAL – SHERRY

SUGAR TO TASTE

Cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Sauté onions, garlic and celery in bacon fat until onion is soft and translucent. Remove to food processor or blender. Drain any remaining grease from the pot. Add the chicken stock and potatoes. While the potatoes begin cooking, chop or crumble the bacon into the onion mixture, add the clam juice and process until nearly smooth. (May be done in batches). Add to the potatoes.  Add the seafood and rosemary. When the potatoes are done add the crème and adjust the seasoning. Reheat to a low simmer and serve.  Optional: About a teaspoon of Sherry swirled on top in the serving bowl gives a wonderful taste and sweetness to the chowder.

I don't use the blender, i like it chunky :) I also don't use the sherry and only use 1 onion :) 

Yes, thank you :) And I like mine chunky too :)
  • Beccas5

@sunnymomma Im telling ya this thing about trying to find something to make every night sucks. 

• BunnyBunny
    @beccas5 I use 2 of the small things of heavy whipping cream actually ( I never said this was a healthy recipe lol) it's those small cardboard type cartons. Another thing is I don't use that much rosemary, I cut back because some aren't that fond of it
  • Tranquil
    Last night we had chicken schnitzel, green beans and sweet potatoes. Tonight i am making risotto.
    @Marionettevie that sounds delish, what else is in the marinade?
  • AnonUser37
    Last night we had cheezeit chicken (chicken rolled in sour cream and egg and then breaded with mashed up jalepeno chedder cheeze its) with garlic red mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli and cauliflower.

Other favorites in our house:
    Broiled pork chops with salt pepper and garlic
    Baked salmon with lemon butter and salt and pepper
    Baked haddock
    Chicken enchiladas
    Beef/venison /rabbit stew
    Bbq kielbasa in the crock pot
  • squishsquish
    Tonight we are doing brinner since Dh isn't home. Chocolate chip pancakes. Yum!
  • Marionettevie
    @Tranquil- my dh makes big batches of this seasoning stuff and he seasons all his meat with it. i believe its salt, pepper, dried minced onion, and garlic powder(not sure if there is anything else, i'll ask) or you can use that "Grillin' mates steak seasoning". we sprinkle that all over the meat when we buy it and them portion them into freezer bags and into the deep freezer they go until we pull them out to use them. i just pulled steak out to defrost, then placed it into a bowl, cut some limes in half and squeezed the juice right over the steak. and i had some frozen cubes of cilantro (i buy it when its on sale 3 bunches for 99c, and freeze two of the bunches. you wash it very well. chop it up, and stuff it into ice cube trays, then add enough water to cover and freeze.) i pulled them out and let them melt and mixed it with the lime juice and let it sit for about an hour . then i cooked it on our little indoor grill (the ones you plug in) and poured the juice over it with every turn. i was actually surprised dh said i should do that more often. lol
  • GingersnapGingersnap
    Tonight: homemade orange chicken and broccoli, served over rice. 
    “The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.” ― Joseph Campbell
  • CrashCrash
    OMG @Gingersnap...that's what we're having too! Minus the broccoli....
    Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • GingersnapGingersnap
    @curious - what vegetable do you have with yours?
    “The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.” ― Joseph Campbell
  • undercoverbanana

we just did chicken cesar sandwiches..................day old french bread, split and toasted, grilled chicken thighs, lots of crunchy romaine lettuce (i put baby spinach on mine, with romaine), and light creamy cesar dressing thinned out with lemon juice, and some parmesan cheese and black pepper. and baked sweet potato fries. 

i'm nekkid.
  • Marionettevie
    dh brought home italian yesterday. it was chicken with capers and some creamy sauce and arugula. and some pasta with parsley and bacon and asparagus (i love asparagus!!!!!1)