Birthay party ideas
  • I need some cheap places and ideas for birthdays of my daughter who is turning one and son who is turning two. I want to have one party for both of them since they were born a month apart. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    "Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save."
    -Will Smith
  • BeachyBeachy
    Ask and you shall receive.
    @eapple
    Searching for my lost shaker of salt.
  • eappleeapple
    Thx for the tag @beachy babe

I just had a rainbow birthday party for my girls and did it pretty cheap, here are some ideas

for the loot bags I made playdoh, some snack savers, I added a few fun packs of skittles, a bouncy ball, a balloon, and a noise maker. I used brown paper bags and printed colouring sheets to staple to them as well as a free rainbow print out I found on pinterest.

snack savers goldfish on one side mini cookies on the other

I made candy kabobs, just get the colours of the rainbow in squishy candy and put them on a kabob stick. I got my candy from the bulk bard, that's the Canadian candy/bulk shop. These aren't the ones I made but mine were similar

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. ~Nietzsche
  • eappleeapple
    I also did a rainbow cake
    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. ~Nietzsche
  • Oh those are amazing pictures. I like that theme. I need to start saving right now. I looked online at venues but they all want 300 dollars or more. Sucks! I love the play doh idea. I just got a birthday cake pop maker. Maybe I will make some of those and send a bouquet home with the kids.
    "Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save."
    -Will Smith
  • BeachyBeachy
    Oh and @bellabefana just made unicorn poopin for her dd3.99999 bday party!
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    The unicorn poop was fun, but messy to  make!
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • eappleeapple
    Can you have the party at home? you'd save a ton of money and with them being so young I would probably go that route. In fact I don't think I'll ever rent a venue. My parties were always at home and we had amazing parties!

The recipe for the playdoh is soo simple and I still have a bunch. It really lasts and doesn't dry out, its a lot of fun :) My mom also made a rainbow pineta out of tissue for the colours and cotton balls for the clouds, it was a huge hit and I bought those fun sized skittles and fruit snacks to fill it.
  • GisleyandHank

I enjoy having parties at home, but last year I didn't want to deal with the mess so I shelled out for the children's museum.

My daughter had a Colors-themed party for her 2nd birthday a couple of years ago. It was super easy and cheap. I got white paper everything and put out markers with the utensils so people could mark their cups and color on their plates, et cetera. I used white receipt tape (my job ordered the wrong type and gave it to me) in place of streamers and decorated with chalk outside and primary-colored balloons. To eat we had different colors of kool-aid, rainbow goldfish, rainbow jell-o, and a crayon cake I made myself.

• BeachyBeachy
    I saw a cute thing on Pinterest about using balloons, non helium. One was to hand the balloons from the ceiling from streamers. Super cute! And you don't pay for helium.
  • Can someone send me a recipe for the play do? or tell me where to find one. I love the pinata idea.
    -Will Smith
  • eappleeapple
    http://musingsfromasahm.com/2012/02/easy-homemade-playdough-recipe/

here's the one I used and it turned out great!

• Thanks! I will do the pinata, play do, and birthday cake pops as party favors and just have it at home. Last year we didn't do anything. This year I want to make it special.
    -Will Smith
  • eappleeapple
    That sounds awesome! There are so many ideas on pinterest that are super cheap. I had a very small party with just family but if you are having quite a few guests I have some more rainbow themed ideas :Dimageimage">

rainbow fruit tray

balloon banner
    imageimageimage">

streamers
    imageimageimage">

I was going to do this but not enough toddlers came. I would have done it by the spectrum though
    imageimageimage">
    if older kids are coming... I wanted to do the guess how many but we didn't have enough kids, next year though!
    imageimageimage">
  • coda
    our dollar store has nice decorations, for less than $10 you could have enough napkins/plates/cups for the kids.  We only get enough for the kids, do adults really need Minnie Mouse plates?
  • Mom_o_Cass
    We did a cupcake themed party. My DD6 and I are big fans of the show Cupcake Wars and we baked cupcakes, then made decorating bags out of regular plastic storage bags, and had sprinkles and such, and let the kids decorate their little hearts out. :) it was a blast! Also, just want to say I LOVE the Rainbow Party theme! We may use it for her party coming in December :)
  • lbm05trr09
    my daughter wants a monster high birthday party and i have no money....any ideas her party is nov 17th