I can never remember...
  • After getting back home from yet another horrific Walmart trip, I realized I forgot the lightbulbs. Again. The light in the laundry room has been out for a month, and, without fail, I forget to pick up new bulbs every single time I go to the store. I also forgot toilet paper and ziploc bags, but thankfully am not completely out of those yet!
    So, what are the things you always forget to pick up? 
    "There's nothing you can do, but you can learn how to be you in time."
  • BunnyBunny
    the main thing I go to the store for LOL. Always,never fails. "Oh we need milk". What do i forget? Milk
    Crazy? I was crazy once...they locked me in a room with no windows. That drove me nuts. Nuts! Squirrels eat nuts. They drive me crazy. Crazy! I was crazy once..
  • Sultry
    I get my milk and bread delievered now.....

but loo paper, and eggs for H. he eats eggs every single day, and when we run out i always forget to buy them. AND his bus tickets.

• sweetestsparrowsweetestsparrow
    I ALWAYS forget lightbulbs.  ALWAYS.  I have 2 kitchen lights out and my porch light is out also and they have been out for 2 months.  Hahahahaha!  I just cannot remember to get the damn light bulbs.
    She flies with her own wings - www.sweetestsparrow.com
  • missmama5missmama5
    Light bulbs here too!
  • @sweetestsparrow and @missmama5, that is too funny! Though I'm glad I'm not alone in this! I guess I need to tattoo it on my forehead because I am tired of doing laundry in the dark. LOL
  • katz_meowkatz_meow
    Toothpaste. I know, gross. We always have plenty of kids toothpaste, DD is the only one that uses it, but we always seem to run out of grown up toothpaste. And bubble mint just doesn't cut it. Plus its gross
    There is nothing to be gained from treating others poorly.

Don't be a dick.
  • sweetestsparrowsweetestsparrow
    @doubletroubleplus1 Nope, you're not alone.  *song just popped in my head*
    She flies with her own wings - www.sweetestsparrow.com
  • screamnbrainscreamnbrain
    I A L W A Y S 4get the frikn shoppin list, so I 4get bout frikn HALF of every damn thing ;) ;)
  • TotallyWarped
    trash bags and coffee filters, i have to go without coffee at least 2 days before i remember to buy them :/
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    Wipes ! That and trash bags.
    " Wibbly wobbly timey wimey ......." The Doctor
    " I'm a leafe on the wind..watch how I soar ." Wash :((
    " Oh the wall had it comming.' Sherlock Holmes
    yea I am geek !!
  • CherryfriesCherryfries
    I forgot a lightbulb for my DD's lava lamp.
  • Emmasmom04Emmasmom04
    It's always milk and toilet paper here. Every damn time.  The other day I went down to get oil to make cupcakes, totally forgot that.. ended up using melted butter lol, they came out great tho!
  • theprincessmommytheprincessmommy
    trashbags and butter oh and ketchup when we need it.
  • Dragonbabyx3Dragonbabyx3
    Always forget the lightbulbs...  Pantry light has been out for..... oh jeez...  7 months or so? Its a combination of either forgetting it or not having the money.. ugh.  I also have a tendency to forget other things... like my friggen coffee filters... which reminds me damnt... I am out of again.  And trashbags.  grrrr. 
    Now for some reason I always think we need country crock butter.... I have 2 full things of butter in my fridge and 2 half used ones... lmfao.... Why cant I forget the friggen butter?
  • GritsGrits

Now for some reason I always think we need country crock butter.... I have 2 full things of butter in my fridge and 2 half used ones... lmfao.... Why cant I forget the friggen butter?

Um, yep. I always buy butter...we never run out. DH is always bitching about how damn much butter is in the fridge...EAT MORE TOAST...Or...mashed potatoes??
    "I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn
  • mamamaybe

I have forgotten that I have bought shampoo the last three times I went to the store. I now have at least a year's worth of shampoo....It is a shame I can't remember to buy the ziploc bags tho. Those I have been out of for two months.

• @momofdbb- trash bags! Thank you! Adding that to my list. Going in prepared this time!
  • theprincessmommytheprincessmommy
    Grits said:

Um, yep. I always buy butter...we never run out. DH is always bitching about how damn much butter is in the fridge...EAT MORE TOAST...Or...mashed potatoes??

I would kill for this problem lol....I am always out of butter, I buy one pack of salted one unsalted ever two weeks and then I run out and forget to get some when I go for milk.
  • twiztedmamatwiztedmama
    I usually make a list in my notepad on my phone so I don't forget anything and I don't forget the list. But inevitably there is always something I think of when my phone isn't with me and then I forget to add it to the list.... Then I always get asked if I got such and such when I get home. When I'm at the store I always know I'm forgetting something. Lol!
  • organicbabyorganicbaby
    I always forget the shopping list I carefully make :s
  • sunnymommasunnymomma
    cat food!!! But that is something that as soon as I get home im accosted for if we are out, so I have no choice but to run back out to the store and get! 
    I am me, and I am loved
  • tothemoonandbacktothemoonandback
    Dishwasher soap, dishsoap, bubble bath for the LO.  Every single time.  I have soap issues?!
    Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. - Marilyn Monroe
  • sharkmommy
    Lately, I've been forgetting whatever I went to the store to get.  Need shampoo for DDs, well, I got a bunch of other stuff we don't need and no shampoo. My DH is worse, I send him to the music store to pick up some sheet music I needed, and he came home with no sheet music and, get this...A POWDER BLUE UKELELE. 
    :-O
  • katz_meowkatz_meow
    @sharkmommy I'm lmao!

There is nothing to be gained from treating others poorly.

Don't be a dick.
  • SasafrasSasafras
    We have a years worth of garbage bags, I wish I kidding. We lost a box and went to buy more, then later was at SAMs club and found a huge box for cheap, got home and found missing box. So if any one needs garbage bags I got some.
    But I always forget the little bags for the bathroom and always run out of Walmart bags to use so I'm goin to use the big bags.
  • goldie
    I keep one of those pads you get at the dollar store with a magnet on the back stuck to my refrigerator, and as I get low on something, I write it on the list.  I rarely run out of anything (I know..OCDish)  When I go grocery shopping once a week, I just add to the list already going.
  • PJSaregreatPJSaregreat
    I have to basically think of each room in the house, with pen and paper in hand, thinking of things needed and write as I go. Including plan out the menu for the entire week, going through the ingredients for each meal. Otherwise I would forget everything!! :-/
  • GingersnapGingersnap
    @goldie - I see your OCDish refrigerator pad and raise you and iPod list app.

I keep a complete list of all of our regular pantry/fridge items, arranged by department and aisle, on the iPod. There's a checked and unchecked option. Everything is on there unchecked. If we run out or open the last container, I uncheck it on the list, so it moves to the top, active portion of the list. When I make our meal plan for the week, I run through the list again, unchecking items that are needed for meals. Once the list is made, I click to arrange it by name, and (because of prefix codes) the whole list falls into the order I walk through the store. 

Before I did this, I had to go to the store three times a week and or quickly change meal plans because I forgot stuff. 

Disclaimer: I make no claims sound mental health. 

Maybe it's a trade-off? :))
    “The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.” ― Joseph Campbell
  • Mommyof5
    Tp
  • nursetobe
    Yep toilet paper is a big one here! 
  • SaraSara
    How about this. I make a list and go shopping every week. Mind you, our list seldom varies...I STILL forget something...and it is on the freaking list.
    Think of your problems as challenges to overcome not obstacles to be avoided.
  • BradsCrazyMomBradsCrazyMom
    Yea I also forget whatever the main reason I went to store for. Lol
  • I just realized today that my forgetfulness isn't only at the store.
    Went to visit my family today; they live about an hour away. I needed to pick up one of my casserole dishes I left the last time I was over there (the one that I use at least once a week). After spending the day there, making sure I didn't leave any of the kids' stuff (even remembered to grab my phone charger!), I left. Got back home, and had an OH SHIT realization: I left the friggin dish I drove an hour away to get.
    Maybe I'll just get a new one.
  • babs413
    I spent two and a half hours grocery shopping yesterday. I had a list. At the top of the list in HUGE letters it said MILK. I forgot the milk. I realized it when I was loading stuff in my car. I passed 2 stores at the way home and drove right by both. So I went out today for milk.
  • momtomany74

Glad to know I'm not the only one suffering senility with this sort of thing, lol.

Seems I walk out with everything but what I went there for.. :P

• I almost always forget to buy salad, toilet paper, and light bulbs.  I have no idea how I manage to forget those things.  Good to know I'm not alone.
  • ZidashaZidasha
    I usually forget the first thing that made me need to go to the store.  
    "I have a theory that placenta is brain matter I push out, so with each child I get dumber and dumber." ~ Unknown

• PDXcocoPDXcoco
    Light bulbs, kitty litter, ketchup!