Extra Blessings besides Thanksgiving day food.
  • theprincessmommytheprincessmommy
    I have been a member since march but always just trolled the confessional. I saw the Thanksgiving Post and thought "wow, that is amazing and would help my family so much" So I started posting. The food is great it will make all the difference but I find that pushing me to post was an even greater blessing. I am looking forward to making friends and continuing to post. So my question for all of you lovely ladies (and few gents) is what has scary mommy given you in your life?  

I'll start

- Connections with people so I don't feel so alone in my chaos
    -a place to privately vent
    -A feeling that people actually give a crap about me(besides DH and Kids)

I know its a silly post but I feel so lucky this morning to be able to drink my coffee and enjoy the company of you fine people.
  • Dragonbabyx3Dragonbabyx3
    ~Scary Mommy gave me a chance to know that I am not alone in my everyday life. I have hundreds of women helping me through day to day life, and they are all rooting for me to succeed in this crazy insane thing we call parenting!

~A place where I can talk in adult language, without having to worry about repercussions, vent about the kids, the X, and the SO

~ I dont need to worry about feeling guilty that sometimes I dont like my kids.. I may love them dearly, but that doesnt mean that I have to LIKE them all the time- and I am not alone!

Thats my three :) I have hundreds more! @ScaryMommy is the 2nd reason I get up in the morning! If it wasn't for her, I would be a total wreck! 

• BeachyBeachy
    How sweet!
    And good morning and welcome!
    Searching for my lost shaker of salt.
  • FireAngel334FireAngel334
     For me Scary Mommy is about sisterhood. You come here and can always find someone that can help you cope a little better throughout your day (or maybe someone you can help), if only to get a much needed laugh LOL. I also started with the confessionals, however it is much more for me now. I find the sense of camaraderie comforting and easy. Thanks Everyone!
  • Jojo2000
    Im loving it too...finally a place i feel like i can fit in
  • CherryfriesCherryfries
    I'm finding that having other moms to talk to is amazing. I've been reading about other people who have the same issues I do and it is beyond comforting. I can bare my soul and you ladies make me feel so much better. I'm thinking about what has been said to me lately about something and it makes me tear up with gratitude.
  • TheHeadacheslayer
    @ScaryMommy has given me....

A place where I can be ME and celebrated for exactly who I am and not judged.
    A best friend (with @floridamommy25)
    A place where I can vent anonymously to get the bad feelings OUT
    A place where I am given a gift when I can help someone else out
    A place to laugh, cry, vent, brag, whine, bitch, and laugh some more
    Ladies that make me feel welcome, a part of something bigger than me.
    Knowing an incredible woman like Jill, who started it all.
  • irishlassirishlass
    Scary Mommy is my lifeline. These wonderful ladies have changed me into a person I am proud to be. Helped me curb anxieties, get through tummy bugs, dump my fucking useless ex bf, grow up, see the world from a different angle, AND I got a kickass recipe for rhubarb bbq ribs.

I fucking love this place.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter." - Dr. Seuss
    @irishlass ......... *poke* ummm... *drags feet on the ground.... errrrrr.... Can I pleaseeee Get that recipe for Rhubarb BBQ Ribs?  Pretty please?
  • Mommyliciousx4Mommyliciousx4
    ^^all of these
    Plus I think it has helped me open my mind more and become more laid back.

I mean..........how else would I have come up w the gumption to make my halloween costume be my unborn son busting out of my stomach?
  • irishlassirishlass
    lol! @dragonbabyx3 it was @curious' recipe!! They are AMAZING! If she doesnt have it to hand, I will get it out later for you :) 

"Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter." - Dr. Seuss
  • nottheone
    It's a place where you don't feel so alone!
    @curious Pleaseeee may I have the recipe *puppy dog eyes*
  • jaimedawn
    i like this site it gives me the chance to see that i'm not as alone in the craziness department. I dont do well with new people face to face so this gives the chance to talk to new people. and also to vent all the stuff that people who do know me are sick of hearing me say lol
  • piratej101321piratej101321
    This site has really helped me come out of my shell a bit... I am a very cautious person, but I have been posting a bit here and there and I am starting to look forward to posting :-)
    Love the openness of this site and everybody seems so nice :-)
  • CrashCrash
    Uuhhmm. @dragonbabyx3 I'm throwing this one back to @irishlass. Lol. I 'fly by night' a lot with recipes, and I write them down on sticky notes. With no titles. If she has it to hand, then I'd go with hers. 
    Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • daddyoftwo

New member here but SM has allowed me to see a womens point of view on most things and it helps alot. Also i know i can get support when I need it. you ladies are great!

• jfletch1719
    Its given me a place where I can really say what I want to say without feeling like I'm being judged.

Its a place to make friends, which is really hard now that I'm sober.

Its given a place to support others as I have been supported.
  • PJSaregreatPJSaregreat
    It makes me a feel a little more normal and less alone. :)
  • Kenb
    I get to vent about everything and make friends along the way!!
  • krissyandthree

For me Scary Mommy is about sisterhood. You come here and can always find someone that can help you cope a little better throughout your day (or maybe someone you can help), if only to get a much needed laugh LOL. I also started with the confessionals, however it is much more for me now. I find the sense of camaraderie comforting and easy. Thanks Everyone!

Me too!!!
    I creeped the confessions for a yr before attempting any real connections. I was initially turned off, my 1 attempt at reaching out turned into a character assasination, judgement. Guess I didn't know for e
    very 100 users, there's that one bad egg. Kinda gotta feel the waters before head diving.

No problem tho! I found a soft cloud in heavin & am chillin!
  • iritnusiritnus
    This place has a different "vibe" from other communities. I like it here. I feel like I don't have to edit myself like I do on Facebook for fellow church members, teachers, colleagues, kids ... .
    My scrapbooking blog: www.scrappingisheartwork.com
    My food blog: www.good-press.blogspot.com
  • carriejocarriejo
    I'm a fairly new member. I've been checking out the confessional for a while, but haven't posted until recently. 
    When I'm having a bad day (like today), just reading other posts makes me realize that I'm not alone. 
  • SaraMommySaraMommy
    It gives me a place to go that I know someone out there will understand where I am coming from! I'm excited to get to know fellow mommies who get me!
  • JustAConfusedMamaJustAConfusedMama
    ScaryMommy has given me a place to vent and to receive and give support ,  It's let me know I am not alone in feelings like missing the heck out of my DS when i am at work, but then spending a day with him when he doesn't nap and does nothing but tantrum makes me wanna pull my hair out.  lol
    If you would like to sponsor me for the Imagine Walk for Autism in April, for my friend's son please click the below link and donate.
    http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/sfamily/12th-imagine-walk-and-family-fun-day-for-autism
  • LiquidPeppermintLiquidPeppermint
    This site has made me relax a bit on the little "mommy mistakes" that I make with my daughter every single day.  I used to stress so much if I fed her mac and cheese three days in a row because she just WOULD NOT eat anything else.  I used to stress about only being able to give small gifts for birthday/Christmas.  But now I realize that lots of other moms are in exactly the same boat, and it's helped me relax a little.