Holy Halloween Hysterics!
  • VegantasticVegantastic
    Anyone else's kids got the Halloween bug? Mine are freaking hyper and nuts and excited and driving me crazy!! lol It's like the last few days before Christmas around here!
    "Be the change you wish to see in the world"
    "Don't Panic"
  • LoveLove
    Last year, Spawn had to be pushed and prodded to hold his bag out at the door. You can FORGET getting him to say Trick or Treat!

This year...every time we go to the store, or he sees a pumpkin on someone's doorstep, " It HALLOWEEN Momma LOOK! I wanna pumpkin Momma! Trick or Treat! Let's go Trick or Treat! It's Halloween, it's HalloWEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!"

LMAO

He's so into it, it's awesome! I credit Dora and Diego's Halloween Special Hahahahahahahahaha!!!

community-manager

• momofdbbmomofdbb
    Yep DS 4 keeps asking " it's Halloween ?!?? "
    " Wibbly wobbly timey wimey ......." The Doctor
    " I'm a leafe on the wind..watch how I soar ." Wash :((
    " Oh the wall had it comming.' Sherlock Holmes
    yea I am geek !!
  • CrabbypattyCrabbypatty
    Ahh my girls are stoked about halloween, I just hope it doesn't get cancelled because of this stupid storm!!!
  • Justthemom
    My boys are excited but my dd 18 mo has no clue what it is. Even though mickey mouse clubhouse is all about it.
  • BeachyBeachy
    My dd3.99999 keeps telling everyone happy Halloween! Just hoping to get candy, lol!
    Searching for my lost shaker of salt.
  • MarySunshineMarySunshine
    DS2.5 was so stoked to go trick or treating this year. He's finally grasped the whole Halloween thing. Doesn't look like it's going to happen this year.

@love DS sounds just like that in Target! Every time we go we have to go see the Halloween section.
    "I don't poop. I create magic."- ABC

I'm as sexy as a burp mid-kiss. Watch out!

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
  • Insane_Mombrain
    My kids have been asking if it's time for "CostumePartyTrickorTreat" every day for over a week. I'll be so glad when it's over!
  • irishlassirishlass
    Oh my son is terrified about the whole ordeal! I'm still gonna dress him up and we will go trick or treating. I hope if he sees that halloween means sweeties, he might be less scared lol
    "Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter." - Dr. Seuss
  • VegantasticVegantastic

I finally had to threaten no trick-or-treating if they didn't settle the fuck down last night lol It was just out of control! Today I took a more proactive approach and did Halloween crafts with DS and am carving pumpkins tonight with both of them...  We'll see if everyone survives until tomorrow night! lol Then of course, there's the sugar rush fallout... sigh... who the fuck came up with this holiday anyway???!!!

"Don't Panic"
  • SnoopMom
    Yep..we are ALL excited..including me..looking forward to the candy...LOL
  • I don't think my children understand yet. But, they do love candy. I'm sure they'll be all over the place tonight when we go to trunk or treat and tomorrow's trick or treat. I'm the one excited so far. I can't wait to put on their costumes in an hour! :)
    Mommy of three littles 3 and under. I need a nap. :)
  • babablacksheepbabablacksheep
    They have been counting down the days! Today they told me zero more days till Halloween!!!!! Yay!
  • Rays_fan_shannon
    We had a trick or treat thing at my work. My four year old said "smell my feet" instead of trick or treat and the person laughed so hard. Now my little guy says it to everyone!! And they all think its adorable so I don't see this one going away for awhile.
  • flowerchildren
    My son is excited, but the weather is pretty bad this year, so I am not going to pass out candy.
  • coda
    My ds7 is autistic and absolutely refuses to wear his costume.  I have to take his siblings trick-or-treating, should I take him anyway?  He likes to trick-or-treat but if I force him to wear the costume his melt-down will ruin everyone's night.  Just hope I don't run into those nasty neighbors that tell the kids "no costume, no candy"
  • piratej101321piratej101321
    @coda I would take him :-) and maybe just to homes /people you know that would understand :-)  But I would think that with the awareness of autism that you wouldn't run into nasty people  (i know I am a peacemaker) and maybe put some candy in your pocket to drop in along the way to seed his bucket in case it's too overwhelming for him ;-)
  • babablacksheepbabablacksheep
    @coda My son has sensory issues and wouldn't wear a costume last year. I made a thomas the tank engine face on a tshirt for him and he wore that as his costume. I would take him anyway. Just don't make him go up to the house if he doesn't want to. Whatever he is comfortable doing.
  • coda

Thank you!  Sometimes it's enough to know I'm not alone.  Great idea piratej101321 I think I will bring some candy along in case he gets "stage fright"

• VegantasticVegantastic
    @coda I am TOTALLY one to say "no costume!? No candy!" but (I'm pretty sure!) it's always been older teenagers who didn't have a lot of business trick or treating anyway. But I'm going to be a lot more sensitive and keep sensory disorders in mind because of your post. My actions were from ignorance, not malice, but I will be more thoughtful from now on!
    "Don't Panic"
  • BriMoBriMo
     @coda I'd take him. My little brother is autistic and a couple of times my mom took him without a costume, and if anyone mentioned it my mom would just explain and they're usually fine with it. People can be pretty understanding once they know what's going on.
  • coda
    just an update, we took him trick-or-treating....stashed his costume in the trunk in case he changed his mind, as soon as he saw all the other kids dressed up he wanted to wear his.  WIN!  He had a blast!  Thanks again SMs.
  • RedTiger
    Thats awesome @coda glad he had fun!