What does your Thanksgiving Menu look like?
  • Dragonbabyx3Dragonbabyx3
    So I have been working on my thanksgiving list.  Just curious what everyone else is having for theirs...  Some of the recipes are new thanks to pinterest... but most are omg T&T! So I am posting my menu so far.. as well as the recipes :D Feel free to follow suit :P

Thanksgiving Menu

Ham
    Turkey -- Crocpot
    corn Casserole
    Sweet potato pecan casserole
    Bacon Wrapped Green bean Bundles
    Cheesy Onion Casserole
    Turnip Greens in crocpot
    Savory Glazed Carrots
    Cranberry sauce
    7up biscuits

Corn Casserole

Prep Time: 5 minutes
    Cook Time: 55 minutes
    Total Time: 1 hour
    Yield: 6-8 servings

A favorite of ours not only during the holidays but year round, too!

1 (15 1/4 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
    1 (14 3/4 oz) can cream-style corn
    1 (8 oz) package Jiffy corn muffin mix
    1 cup sour cream
    1/2 cup butter, melted
    1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar
    Preheat oven to 350?F. Grease a 9- by 9-inch baking or a 2 quart casserole dish.

Mix together the corn, Jiffy, sour cream and butter in a large bowl. Stir in the cheese. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 55 minutes, or until golden brown and set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Note: If baking in a 9x13, the texture will be different than baking in the 2 quart casserole. The 9x13 will be thin slices where the 2 quart casserole produces more of a corn pudding. Either way is delicious.

Sweet Potato Casserole

Ingredients
    4 cups sweet potato, cubed
    1/2 cup white sugar
    2 eggs, beaten
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    4 tablespoons butter, softened
    1/2 cup milk
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/2 cup packed brown sugar
    1/3 cup all-purpose flour
    3 tablespoons butter, softened
    1/2 cup chopped pecans
    Directions
    Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Put sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan with water to cover. Cook over medium high heat until tender; drain and mash.
    In a large bowl, mix together the sweet potatoes, white sugar, eggs, salt, butter, milk and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth. Transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish.
    In medium bowl, mix the brown sugar and flour. Cut in the butter until the mixture is coarse. Stir in the pecans. Sprinkle the mixture over the sweet potato mixture.
    Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until the topping is lightly brown.

Bacon-Wrapped Green Bean Bundles

4 (15-oz.) cans of whole green beans ~ not “cut”, not “french-style”
    bacon strips, cut in half (I use my kitchen scissors.)
    1 cup melted butter
    1 cup packed brown sugar
    1/2 tsp. garlic salt
    1 tsp. soy sauce
    Gather 10 beans into a bundle.  Wrap bacon around beans and secure with a toothpick.  Arrange in a 9×13 pan.
    Combine melted butter, brown sugar, garlic salt, and soy sauce in a bowl.  Mix well.  Pour over beans.
    Chill overnight or for several hours.  Bake at 375° for 45 minutes – 1 hour, or until bacon is cooked.

Cheesy Onion Casserole

2-3 Tbs butter or margarine
    3 large sweet onions or 4 medium white or yellow onions
    2 c. shredded Swiss cheese (8 oz.)
    1 can cream of chicken soup, undiluted**
    2/3 c. milk
    1 tsp. soy sauce
    8 or so slices of French bread

**You can substitute cream of mushroom soup for cream of chicken to make vegetarian.

Melt butter in a saute pan over medium heat, and add onions. Saute onions until clear, a little brown is ok. In a shallow 2 qt. casserole pan, layer onions, 2/3 of cheese and pepper to taste.

In a sauce pan, heat soup, milk, and soy sauce, stirring to blend. Pour soup mixture in a casserole and stir gently to mix. Top with bread slices. Bake at 350 uncovered for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, top of bread should be nice and toasted.

Push bread slices under the sauce and top with the remaining cheese.
    Place casserole back in oven and finish baking for 15 more minutes. 

Total prep time: 20 minutes.
    Total baking time: 30 minutes. 

Turnip Greens in Crocpot

1 smoked ham hock
    4 -6 slices thick bacon (optional)
    8 cups collard greens, tough ribs and stems removed, torn into thin strips (kale may also be used)
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    4 cups water
    Serve With
    1/2 cup minced mild onion (optional)
    red wine vinegar (amount to taste) (optional)
    hot pepper sauce (I like Tabasco, amount to taste) (optional)
    Directions:

Note: be sure to rinse collards thoroughly before using.
    Remove any thick stems and tear or chop leaves into strips.
    Cook bacon in a skillet until the fat renders and bacon becomes translucent.
    Place bacon, with its drippings, into the bottom of the crock pot.
    Add the greens, ham hock, salt, pepper, and water into crock pot.
    Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours.
    Remove ham hock, discard skin and shred meat, returning meat to crock pot.
    Serve greens with minced onion, vinegar and Tabasco, if desired.

Savory Glazed Carrots

Ingredients
    2 pounds of carrots
    2 cups of beef stock or broth
    6 tablespoons of unsalted butter
    2-1/2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
    3-4 turns of the pepper grinder
    Salt, to taste
    Fresh or dried parsley, optional
    Instructions

Peel, quarter and cut the carrots into 2-inch strips. In a large heavy bottomed pot, bring the stock up to a boil, adding in the butter, sugar and pepper. Add the carrots and continue boiling, stirring occasionally, for 30 to 40 minutes, or until carrots are tender and liquid has reduced to a thick glaze.

Taste and add salt as needed. Sprinkle with parsley before serving, if desired.

7Up Biscuits

from Plain Chicken
    Printable Recipe
    2 C Bisquick
    1/2 C sour cream
    1/2 C 7-up
    1/4 C melted butter
    Add sour cream into Bisquik and mix together, add 7 Up.  The dough will be very soft. Sprinkle additional Bisquick onto the counter and gently pat the dough out to desired thickness (about 1 inch)  Use the bottom of a glass or a biscuit cutter to cut out biscuits.    Place melted butter into 9 x 9 pan.  Bake in a 450 oven until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes. (Double recipe)
  • ChristyJChristyJ

Last year Mom and I went on strike and it blew up in our faces.

I guess we will do the same we do every year

Turkey Breast (there are just 7 of us)

Mashed Potatoes

Green Bean Casserole or Broccoli Casserole

Cranberry Sauce

Stuffing

and my mom usually gives in and makes sweet potato casserole too.

My Nana used to make the absolute best corn pudding, but we have never put it back in the menu since she passed.  I might make a small batch this year.

Imperfect and proud of it.
  • PurpleFlowersPurpleFlowers
    My mom usually makes turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, cranberry sauce, rolls and pumpkin pie. If we add something new or take something away, my dad is not happy. He doesnt adapt to change very well. Lol
    Stay away from my chocolate and nobody gets hurt!

I think I like who I am becoming...
  • tothemoonandbacktothemoonandback
    My mom still makes it, I usually bring pistachio salad.  She makes turkey, mashed potatoes, yams/marshmallows, green bean casserole, crescent rolls and pumpkin pie.

Pistachio Salad:
    1pkg pistachio instant pudding mix
    1 medium container cottage cheese
    1 small container crushed pineapple
    1 container cool whip
    Top with mini marshmallows

I usually slim it down by using sugar free pudding mix, lowfat cottage cheese and fat free cool whip.
    Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. - Marilyn Monroe
  • CinnaCinna
    Well being that I'm going to my in laws and they're from a country that doesn't celebrate thanksgiving the menu will look like crap. I mean she tries but there's some things I just have to have and she won't let anyone bring a dish. I'm so frustrated by that I think I'm gonna volunteer to work.
    Two hearts! Oh baby I'm beating out a samba!
    @tothemoonandback MMMmmmm! That pistachio pudding sounds divine... Mind if I steal it? I need something sweet on my holiday list! do you just mix it all together or do you layer it? 

@goodmommy awww *hugs*  and you wouldnt be the first one who did that...  I started volenteering years ago due to having to go to my inlaws..  I hated going.. still do... but now they come to my house, and I can kick everyone out when I am fed up :D
  • VegantasticVegantastic

I cook Thanksgiving and my mom does Christmas. Since my carnivorous family refuses to have tofurkey instead of turkey, and I refuse to spend my holiday with my hand shoved up a turkey ass, I cheat and DH brings a roasted turkey breast from work (and it stays WAAAYYY at the other end of the table lol ) The rest of it is vegan :)

Roasted portobello mushrooms, with spinach and red peppers

My super amazing mashed potatoes

Green beans with dried cranberries and roasted almonds

Quinoa with sweet potatoes and mushrooms (in place of stuffing- not a lot of stuffing fans around here lol)

Homemade vegan biscuits (OMG soooo good)

Pumpkin pie and Chocolate chip bars

Quinoa with sweet potato and mushrooms http://allrecipes.com/recipe/quinoa-with-sweet-potato-and-mushrooms/detail.aspx (go easy on the cayenne- it gets super spicy real quick)

Vegan Biscuits:

• 2 cups flour
    • 3 tsp baking powder
    • 1 tsp salt
    • 1/4 cup Crisco vegetable shortening
    • 1 cup soy milk + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar

Preheat oven to 450F. Sift together dry ingredients. Add shortening and soy milk and mix gently until just mixed. Spoon into lightly oiled muffin tins (or roll out as proper biscuits if you have the freaking time lol) and bake 12-18 minutes.

Incredible Roasted Portobello

• Portobello mushroom caps (as many as you need)
    • olive oil
    • fresh spinach
    • roasted red peppers (you can buy them or roast them over the stove)
    • salt, pepper, garlic salt, red pepper flakes

Preheat oven to 425F Clean the mushrooms and rub them down with olive oil. Season them to taste, and top with a good layer of spinach and a few red peppers. Wrap each mushroom in foil and roast in oven for 20ish minutes.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
    "Don't Panic"
    @SAHM1020 omg, The quinoa with sweet potato and mushrooms sounds amazing!  I loveee quinoa!  I think I am going to try those vegan biscuits as well!  that sounds awesome!  As for the Roasted Portobello... I am addicted to portabella mushrooms right now...
  • VegantasticVegantastic
    @Dragonbabyx3 No one in my family makes regular biscuits anymore. They make the vegan ones- they're so freaking easy and delicious. And the quinoa recipe is one I've been making for years. I am no longer invited to parties if I don't bring it lol I actually brought it to a baby shower, and the next week I was flagged down in the middle of the street by someone I didn't recognize but who remembered me from the shower and ran me down to get the quinoa recipe lol Definitely give it a try!
    "Be the change you wish to see in the world"
    "Don't Panic"
  • serenitynowserenitynow

i'm making turkey, mashed potatos, cheesy potatos, cheesy vegetable bake, corn, dinner rolls, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, fruit fluff

fruit fluff

1 pack cream cheese (softened)

1 container of cool whip

1 can crushed pineapple (drained)

1 can cherry pie filling (or raspberry)

1 cup crushed walnuts or pecans

mix the cream cheese and cool whip first then add everything else, refrigerate for a few hours cuz it's better when it's cold

• tothemoonandbacktothemoonandback
    @dragonbabyx3 you just mix it all together!  I fold in the cool whip at the end (but you don't have to) so it doesn't get over worked and stays fluffy.  It's so easy and so yummy!!
    Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. - Marilyn Monroe
  • PrincessPeach
    Oyster stuffing/dressing is a must at my house. I don't know many people that eat it.
    Oh, and pumpkin pie and cranberry sauce/jelly-store bought only. Not my choice... :-/
    Any other sides are less important but we usually have potato (both sweet and regular) and Green bean casserole. Yep, a real carb fest! I end up wasting my time trying to add something different or home baking above mentioned pumpkin pie or cranberry...Grr...otherwise I do love thanksgiving.
  • chaosmomchaosmom
    I haven't really thought about it yet. It'll probably look something like...

Turkey
    Stuffing w/dried cranberries & cherries
    Mashed potatoes
    Green bean casserole or sautéed green beans
    Collard greens
    Roasted butternut squash
    Gravy
    Cranberry sauce
    Rolls
    Deviled eggs
    Corn (for the kiddos)

For dessert, definitely pumpkin pie. And I'm sure something else...hmmmm..
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    We go to my grandmoms and everyone brings something.
    We have

Turkey
    Ham
    Dressing
    Gravy
    Rolls( buttered)
    Corn ( kernels
    Corn ( cream)
    Fried okra
    Squash
    Baked beans
    Develed eggs
    Cornbread
    Green beans
    Sweet potato casserole ( mashmellow topped)
    Sweet potato casserole ( with some kind of nuts on top ) lol
    Potato salad ( mustard)
    Potato salad ( no mustard)
    Cranberry sause ( straight out if the can lol)
    Butter beans
    Slaw
    I think that's it. Lol
    Then
    Brownies an Missippissi Mudd and chocolate cake
    " Wibbly wobbly timey wimey ......." The Doctor
    " I'm a leafe on the wind..watch how I soar ." Wash :((
    " Oh the wall had it comming.' Sherlock Holmes
    yea I am geek !!
  • BunnyBunny
    I haven't really thought about it because I wasn't sure we'd be having one honestly until I applied for the thanksgiving day help on here... But probably the same as recent years
    Turkey
    Stuffng 
    mashed potatoes and gravy made from the turkey drippings
    candied yams
    Bacon wrapped little smokies
    Cranberry sauce
    Rolls
    some type of vegetable and my son gets his own bowl of lima beans because he's the only one who will eat them. 
    Crazy? I was crazy once...they locked me in a room with no windows. That drove me nuts. Nuts! Squirrels eat nuts. They drive me crazy. Crazy! I was crazy once..
  • LLBLLB
    Our thanksgiving meal is always the same and consists of:

Appetizers:
    Fresh veggies with dip (carrots, celery, peppers and olives)
    Crackers with cheese and pepperoni
    Shrimp with cocktail sauce
    (I tried baked Brie last year as well and it was a flop)

Main course:
    Turkey
    Stuffing
    Mashed potatoes
    Corn
    Peas
    Green bean casserole
    Butternut Squash
    Sweet potatoes
    Cranberry sauce
    Dinner rolls

Dessert: assortment of pies, cookies, brownies, etc. basically whatever I feel like baking.

We feed between 10 and 15 people and have leftovers for a long time after.
  • CinnaCinna
    @dragonbabyx3 lol did they notice you weren't there on purpose
    @goodmommy nope!!! They thought that I was just being a "sweet girl" volenteering my time to the less fortunate.  I told them years later that no, I was actually being a selfish bitch and couldnt stand eating at their house. bwahaha Sometimes I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut  =))
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    Dinner one (I maybe cooking this idk yet)
    Turkey
    Potatoes
    candied sweet potatoes
    Giblet stuffing
    Cranberry sauce
    Turkey gravy
    relish plate
    Salad
    Rolls
    3 pumpkin pies 2 apple pies

Dinner two includes all of the above plus orderve trays
    let them eat cake! because id rather have pie!!!
  • RinRin
    I have to get to 50 posts and then i can.think about it, but my boys really want turkey, mashed potatoes, "squishey bread" which is that Hawaiian bread, and this amazing fruit compote that my mom has made in the past, and baked squash, pumpkin pie with whipped cream!
    "There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart.. .pursue those"
    @Rin I can help you with that, start a new thread called "Ask me Questions"  We WILL get you to 50 in no time :)
  • CinnaCinna
    I think I will cook my own dinner at home the day before and since theres only 3 of us I'm making Turkey breast, dressing, green beans, squash casserole, Mac & cheese, and rolls. Not sure about dessert yet.
    ..... @goodmommy... I changed my mind... instead of me cooking... I think I am going to be lazy and find a way to your house... less noise... less arguing... yup.. on my way =))
  • CinnaCinna
    @dragonbabyx3 lol the more the merrier but you'd still have to cook cause Im having mine the day before.

• gramalibbygramalibby
    Oh turkey in a cockpit do tell. We had a 12 yrs a of dis functions until my daughter divorced My son in love. It has been since then up and down , the 1st yr being my h and I alone , ugh not good. No real plans this year but I hope to start again now that we have Glen 10 mths
  • TheHeadacheslayer
    My mom hosts Thanksgiving now and my dad said we MIGHT have a Turducken!!! WOOHOOO!!!! I've always wanted to try one of those!

Why yes, I do live in the South, why do you ask? 
    =))

But we never get leftovers on account of SO much family. So we usually have a smaller dinner of our own later (plus--no lie--our oven is TOO SMALL for a large turkey. Yes it is a very old gas stove).

I just ordered a brining kit, we've talked about it before, so I'm excited to try it!

We usually have the same:
    Turkey
    Mashed potatoes
    Sweet potatoes/sweet potato casserole (NOM NOM NOM)
    Stuffing
    Green beans
    cranberries (easy recipe--grind up cranberries and an orange, add sugar. let sit overnight)
    Bread (I come from a long line of carbivores)
    Zingerman's pecan pie (this is a new addition--I got one for my bday this year, and it is FREAKING AWESOME)

Damn. I'm hungry now lol.
  • CherryfriesCherryfries
    I'm thinking turkey, gravy, rolls, and a veggie are on the list. I haven't really talked with my mom about our menu because it's just the 3 of us. It's our first Thanksgiving together since my daughter was a newborn and she is now 11. We don't really want to share our holidays with anyone else right now.  :-)
  • Emmasmom04Emmasmom04
    turkey, stuffing, rolls, cranberry sauce, scalloped corn, mashed potatoes, gravy.  We will have pumpkin and apple pie for dessert
  • dadof3
    This is all making me very hungry. We do the usual, turkey, potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, a few more things. my mouth is watering!
    @goodmommy  haahaa ok on my way.. I will make sure that I will be there the day before thanksgiving... and stay in a closet for 2 days so I dont have to cook :P 

@gramalibby omg! Turkey in the crockpot is SOOOO easy! You literally dont have to do anything.  I have a 7 qt crockpot and can fit a 10-12 pound turkey in there.  Yes it will stick up a bit so you cant close the lid all the way- NO problemo! Take some tinfoil and cover the turkey, sealing it in. Put it on the night before, and in the morning, TRY to pull it out.  I say try because it will be so tender it will fall off the bone.  This totally solves the issue of having a dry turkey.  It stays moist for DAYS afterwards.  I usually just pick all the bones out, divide the meat up in bags and freeze it for later meals. I have been doing this for years! and everyone always loves it!
  • gramalibbygramalibby
    Oh yum , sounds divine , I now must buy the crockpot . Do you butter it , or add poultry season?
  • crazybroad
    basics really

ham (crock pot)
    turkey (in a roaster)
    mashed taters/gravy
    sweet potatoes with a ton of butter/brown sugar
    corn casserole
    stuffing
    green bean casserole
    cranberry sauce (the jiggly can stuff only! )
    deviled eggs
    rolls
    meat/cheese tray
    veggies/dip
    pumpkin pie
    apple pie
    peanut butter/chocolate cheesecake
     then we go into a coma. 
    Happy Holidays : )
    @gramalibby I usually put some butter in between the skin and the breast, and put my normal seasonings, thyme, rosemary, pepper, no salt it makes the meat tough (unless you brine it first) 
  • bizabethl
    We always have my great great aunts wonderfull fruit salad , made with lots of real whipping cream.
  • pennypenny
    We have T-day at my MIL's. This year I'm bringing:

corn pudding (always!)
    cranberry sauce - homemade, with caramelized onions
    green bean casserole pie (new this year)
    pumpkin cheesecake
    @penny  ..... ok you cant just put green bean casserole pie and then not give me a friggen recipe! thats just wrong on so many levels.. oh I will take the pumpkin cheesecake recipe as well :P
  • pennypenny
    @Dragonbabyx3 Here's the pie recipe I'll be using, or at least starting with: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/11/green-bean-casserole-pie.html

<!--<br /> @page { margin: 0.79in }
    P { margin-bottom: 0.Pumpkin Cheesecake
    Yield: 12 Servings

1 1/4 c gingersnap cookie crumbs
    1/4 c butter, melted
    3 8-oz pkg cream cheese, softened
    1 c sugar
    1 t ground cinnamon
    1 t ground ginger
    1/2 t ground cloves
    16 oz pumpkin puree
    4 Eggs

Preheat oven to 350 F.
    Combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press into the bottom of a 9” springform pan. Bake 10 minutes; cool.
    Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
    Beat cream cheese, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in 4-quart bowl on medium speed until smooth and fluffy. Add pumpkin. Beat in eggs, one at a time, on low speed. Pour over crust. Bake until center is set, about 1 to 1-1/4 hours. Cool to room temperature. If desired, top with Sour Cream Topping (below) or slightly sweetened whipped cream. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours.

NOTE: The pan may be double-wrapped with aluminum foil and baked in a water bath to reduce the chance of the cheesecake cracking.

Sour Cream Topping
    1 c heavy cream
    1 8-oz container sour cream
    2 T sugar
    3 T rum (Captain Morgan's is delicious here)
    ½ t vanilla extract
    ¼ c very finely minced crystallized ginger (optional)

Combine the cream, sour cream, and sugar in a bowl. Beat until soft peaks form. Fold in the rum, vanilla extract, and crystallized ginger if using. Spread on cooled cheesecake before refrigerating.
  • pennypenny
    Gah, formatting fail.
    @penny omg that sounds divine...  Funny enough, I made a similar pumpkin cheesecake last year... I had too much pumpkin and decided to play with it... but I didnt use the gingersnap crust... come to think of it, I still have some of the pumpkin cheesecake mix still in my freezer :P  So all I have to do is thaw, add some eggs, and let it cook :D woohoo!
  • JustAConfusedMamaJustAConfusedMama
    @dragonbabyx3, how do you make a turkey in a crockpot?  do you mean a whole turkey or like turkey legs or something?
    If you would like to sponsor me for the Imagine Walk for Autism in April, for my friend's son please click the below link and donate.
    http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/sfamily/12th-imagine-walk-and-family-fun-day-for-autism
    @dolphinlover26  if you read up a bit you will see where I described it to gramalibby but yes it is a whole turkey :) I went ahead and C&P'd what I wrote :)

"Turkey in the crockpot is SOOOO easy! You literally dont have to do anything.  I have a 7 qt crockpot and can fit a 10-12 pound turkey in there.  Yes it will stick up a bit so you cant close the lid all the way- NO problemo! Take some tinfoil and cover the turkey, sealing it in. Put it on the night before, and in the morning, TRY to pull it out.  I say try because it will be so tender it will fall off the bone.  This totally solves the issue of having a dry turkey.  It stays moist for DAYS afterwards.  I usually just pick all the bones out, divide the meat up in bags and freeze it for later meals. I have been doing this for years! and everyone always loves it!"
  • JustAConfusedMamaJustAConfusedMama
    @dragonbabyx3, sorry for being lazy,  I didn't really look through the thread.  I just saw turkey in crockpot and was like, "wow, how do you do that?"  lol  thanks for letting me know.
    If you would like to sponsor me for the Imagine Walk for Autism in April, for my friend's son please click the below link and donate.
    http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/sfamily/12th-imagine-walk-and-family-fun-day-for-autism
    @dolphonlover26 bwahaha! Hey we all have those days.. Hell- I am guilty of it as well :P shhhh dont tell anyone!
  • nottheone
    I dread holidays with no money. If we get enough money...
    Turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, rolls, mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie.
  • theprincessmommytheprincessmommy
    Turkey (my hubby wants to smoke it this year)

Savory bread pudding

Corn Custard

Sweet potato casserole

Rolls

Green bean casserole

PIE!
    and I want to try my hand at making a pumpkin chocolate cheesecake.
  • sunnymommasunnymomma
    Why have I never thought of putting the turkey in the crock pot before??? I love my crock pot, and I always have the problem of only being able to cook so much that needs the oven. Its a fine dance of what to cook when. 

Ill be doing turkey, stuffing(gotta find a new yummy recipe) corn cassarole, green bean cassarole, rolls, gravy and taters prolly mashed. Cider and some sort of pie, im thinking apple and maybe a coconut cream!!! 

Im going to try to figure out how many qts my crock pot is now!!! 
    I am me, and I am loved
  • faith4realfaith4real
    If all goes well, I would like to have:
    Turkey
    Dressing
    Mashed Potatoes
    Rolls
    Green Bean Casserole
    Collard Greens
    Cornbread
    Ham
    Sweet Potato Pie
    Pumpkin Pie and Whipped Topping
    Cake
    Juice
    Cranberry Sauce

• faith4realfaith4real
    Also a Green Salad
  • busy_and_dizzy
    I, still, have never cooked a Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. Here's the usual menu at my parent's house. Turkey, Peas, Creamed Pearl Onions, Stuffing, Mashed Rutabagas, Mashed Potatoes and cranberry sauce.
  • Kitty69Kitty69
    My girls (21 and 25) and mom can't cook for squat so I do most of it, sometimes I make my girls do easy things such as stuffed celery- softened cream cheese with sliced black and green olives stuffed into celery....easy enough for them. That is one appetizer, gonna have my mom bring a relish tray, she can't foul that up!
    And I will do the rest........well my husband will do the meat on the new grill/smoker he made and he also makes the Oreo dessert.

Ham - with raisin sauce
    Smoked Turkey
    Homemade dressing
    Mashed Taters
    Sweet Potato casserole - the one with the crumble on top
    Sweet Potatoes - fried
    Creamed Peas
    Scalloped Corn
    Roasted Carrots
    Rhodes Rolls - frozen dough, let it rise and bake YUM!!
    Purple Salad
    Fresh Cranberry Sauce
    Gravy - from a jar, cause I suck at making it!
    Pumpkin Pies
    Cherry Pie
    Peach Pie
    Raisin Cream Pie - my grandmas recipe, YUMMY!
    Oreo Dessert      

The list is too long to add all the recipes but if you want any just ask. Also, I am wondering since there are all different regions of the US on here.....
    What time do you usually eat Thanksgiving dinner?                  I try to do around 1 or 2 pm.
    What all do you put in your stuffing/dressing?                       H and I like lots of onion and celery but the kids always bitch. Other than celery, onion, butter, broth and spices I don't add anything but am always looking to change it up. 

@kitty69 what on earth is Purple Salad? and Raisin Cream pie sounds Delicious.....  ok ok ok recipe :P