Anyone else have a Cricut habit and make cards/scrapbook?
  • BunnyBunny
    About 3 or so years ago I discovered this great little machine called the Cricut, and have been addicted to it every since haha. I am always looking for new card ideas so i'm always peaking at youtube and the cricut website. Does anyone else here use a Cricut and have some favorite sites for card making to give me new ideas? 
    Crazy? I was crazy once...they locked me in a room with no windows. That drove me nuts. Nuts! Squirrels eat nuts. They drive me crazy. Crazy! I was crazy once..
  • JayAndXansMomJayAndXansMom
    I"m a scrapbooker and I LOVE my Cricut!! Have you ever been to scrapbook.com?? LOTS of card ideas there!!
    *~Angie~*
  • BunnyBunny
    No I haven't, At least not to look for ideas but I for sure will now! I found a beautiful hummingbird card on youtube for an idea off the art noveau (sp) cartridge that I had to make and it turned out great was just a bit of a pain to layer! But a lot of the images on that cartridge seem to give me problems as to what goes where haha. 
    Crazy? I was crazy once...they locked me in a room with no windows. That drove me nuts. Nuts! Squirrels eat nuts. They drive me crazy. Crazy! I was crazy once..
  • MarySunshineMarySunshine
    I looove my Cricut, just don't get to us it much. I did make my friends wedding invitations with it. I also make cards and use it for decorations! I'd love to scrapbook, but I 1. Don't take enough pictures and, 2. Would need a lot more free time that isn't on the far side of 9pm. LOL
    "I don't poop. I create magic."- ABC

I'm as sexy as a burp mid-kiss. Watch out!

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
  • shate98shate98
    I don't have a Cricut, just an entire art studio, but I do scrapbook. Love to scrapbook. I do it less now that I can just make a book digitally, but it's still fun.
    "As you wander through your life, whatever be your goal,
    keep your eye upon the doughnut, not upon the hole."
  • BunnyBunny
    I've pretty much stopped all scrapbooking due to no ink cartridges and I'm just not creative enough to make a page without the pictures right in front of me where I can move them around ect so moved onto making more cards. I figure that maybe just MAYBE if i start now on my Christmas cards I will have them done by January LOL. I sit here and look back when I first got my baby cricut and feel so dense on it because then I had no idea the different things all the cartridges come with.... I just thought they had what was on the keypad and didn't bother with the shift,layer 1 ect's. Now I have a E2 so no keypad which makes it a little harder to see things on the screen but its working out so far. Still miss my baby cricut, should never have sold it!
  • BunnyBunny
    Oh a cricut is so addicting, if you don't have one don't get one haha, You'll want this cartridge and that cartridge for this or that and it just goes out of control. 
    Pagemaps.com is another good place to get ideas. LOTS of ideas out there on the web!! 
    *~Angie~*
  • BunnyBunny
    thanks for the link, i will check it now! the cricut forums are good for finding ideas by the cartridge but i've noticed a lot use another cartridge and don't list it and it's usually one I don't have haha. 
    There is a group on Scrapbook.com that is committed to making stuff using your Cricut!! Check it out!
    *~Angie~*
  • BunnyBunny
    I'm confused on the Pagemaps.com website, (happens to me a lot lol). I can't seem to find any area there for ideas haha. I'll check out the group on scrapbook.com though! 
  • Quilting_grandmaQuilting_grandma
    I love my circuit, I make cards and embellish scrapbook pages I get my pictures developed at Walmart load them online and get them through the mail -digital is the only way to go with pictures... Nice to have them delivered right to the door ---I also cut paper templates for appliqué have not been successful at cutting fabric, still trying but it's not happening....
  • BunnyBunny
    I haven't tried cutting fabric yet either, Are you using a deep cut blade? I'm not even sure if one is required for that haha. 
  • SaraMommySaraMommy

I would love a cricut so I could make SOOO many different gifts using vinyl!!! OMG I would be in heaven!!! You can personalize so much that way!!! So jealous of you ladies with cricuts!

• BunnyBunny
    I actually got my expression of of HSN on their payment plan over a year ago :) a few years before that I had bought a used personal size cricut off craigslist and decided I wanted to upgrade and HSN was doing a daily deal? thing on them so I ordered one via them. 
  • SaraMommySaraMommy
    Ohhhh so they have different size cricuts?? I don't know much about them...just that I want one!!!
  • BunnyBunny
    Yep! You can find the personal sized cricut used on Craiglist for probably around $60 , all the cricuts take the cartridges so it doesn't matter on that :). If you want to cut over 12 inches (i think) you'll want a cricut expression. They also have the E2 that I have but its all touch screen, no overlay keypad and really if its your first cricut i'd stick to the regular expression. I kinda wish I had kept my personal size one because lately i'm just not cutting anything to big and miss my keypad overlay. When I have the extra money I buy my cartridges on Ebay, I have a favorite seller and always get them for under $20 unless its one I really really want then i'll spend more. be sure to get a deep cut blade if you ever get one and cut vinyl!
  • Quilting_grandmaQuilting_grandma
    I get to play with an expression 2 at work, have a regular expression at home and bought a mini cake on clearance for my DD @princessmommy

She was so happy she had wanted one for a while ...the cake has stainless parts and all enclosed to keep Bactria out... You cut fondant and gum paste so you can put them on cakes...

I don't cut fabric I make paper templates and use those as appliqué patterns, I've done letters...shapes like a jack-o-lantern, used it extensively with scrapbook pages, and card making... I always come up with creative ways to use it.