"Kid" Movies/TV Moms Like to Watch
  • GingersnapGingersnap
    There are some "kid" movies/TV I like to watch.

Labyrinth (featuring David Bowie's package)
    Disney's Beauty and the Beast
    Anne of Green Gables

I will watch ^these^ with the kids when I'm sick and in bed. 

Netflix discoveries:
    I catch myself watching Oscar's Oasis and Phineas & Ferb just because they're fun. 

What's some stuff you like? (Since you were a kid, or new discoveries.)
    “The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.” ― Joseph Campbell
  • unforgivenunforgiven
    The older Disney movies I love!!! Pixar and Disney are goodies too! Charlie and Lola is awesome, so is Peppa Pig.

confessional-manager

"What looks like torture is a time to rejoice
    What sounds like thunder is a comforting voice
    When what is beautiful looks broken and crushed
    And I say I don't know you
    But you say it's finished"
  • LilbitLilbit
    I love Disney always will
  • GingersnapGingersnap
    Oh and I also like "Shawn the Sheep" and "Timmy and Friends". I've been a fan of Aardman animation for years. 
  • AKimiBAKimiB

There are some "kid" movies/TV I like to watch.

Labyrinth (featuring David Bowie's package)
    Disney's Beauty and the Beast
    Anne of Green Gables

I will watch ^these^ with the kids when I'm sick and in bed. 

Netflix discoveries:
    I catch myself watching Oscar's Oasis and Phineas & Ferb just because they're fun. 

What's some stuff you like? (Since you were a kid, or new discoveries.)

All of these.
    I think I love you. :)
    SMSM_s_5 photo SMSM_s_5_zps5d122d86.jpg
  • GingersnapGingersnap
    @AKimiB Aw. That gives me warm fuzzies!

• AnonUser32AnonUser32
    I love chicken little, adventure time, fosters home for imaginary friends when it was still on. All disney movies are great. And ill watch sponge bob.
    Without reason you have Rhythm and Rhyme the type of girl who knows how to have a good time... You take what you want except no for an answer... And I know first hand you're one hell of a dancer... So calling all cars and low and behold you're a real livewire with a heart of gold
  • Sabzzy
    Labyrinth is a kid's movie??? LOL! I think it's a universal movie. Neverending Story too!

Maybe because they were around when I was growing up. 

We buy things we don't need
    With money we don't have
    To impress people we don't like
  • Sabzzy
    I love most kid's movies, but I can't stand any modern kid's tv shows I didn't grow up watching. 
    We buy things we don't need
    With money we don't have
    To impress people we don't like
  • cheesehead4ever
    I enjoyed the High School Musical movies when they came out plus all of the Shrek movies and Toy Story 3. Although I probably would have seen those movies without kids. I do find Good Luck Charlie and iCarly entertaining.
    I still love watching old clips of Sesame Street and Mr. Rodgers. Plus I am a Mupets freak and always have been.
  • GingersnapGingersnap
    @cheesehead4ever - a gift for you (even if you've seen it, you'll watch it again):

• PurpleFlowersPurpleFlowers
    Love the older Disney movies. I also watch iCarly and Victorious :\">
    Stay away from my chocolate and nobody gets hurt!

I think I like who I am becoming...
  • justkeepswimmingjustkeepswimming
    I liked Drake and Josh, and I also love the Miyazaki movies like Spirited Away, Naussica and Howl's Moving Castle for a few. Also love all the 80's movies/shows including Punky Brewster and Fraggle Rock!
    When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is.
    ~Oscar Wilde
    Cat Kitty Love Hugs Smilie Smiley Smilies Smileys Emoticon Emoticons Animated Animation Animations Gif
  • French_momFrench_mom
    Maya l'abeille  :)   Oh oh oh and for the french  Passe-Partout. I still know all the rhymes and songs. And some of the dialogues too.  :\">
    It is for me to know and you to dot dot dot.
  • BirdieBirdie
    Muppet take manhattan will always be one of my favorite movies

Along with:
    Disney:
    Beauty and the beast
    The little mermaid
    Cinderella

SMSM_s_5

• missmama5missmama5
    My Neighbor Tortoro is one of my personal fav movies lol it's too freaking adorable. And Alice in Wonderland.
  • missmama5missmama5
    Oh oh, and as for TV,I love Kick Buttowski. Funniest shit ever.
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    DS 4 has been watching Ruby Gloom on netflix and I like it too !! I watched the entire Airbender series with my kids!
    " Wibbly wobbly timey wimey ......." The Doctor
    " I'm a leafe on the wind..watch how I soar ." Wash :((
    " Oh the wall had it comming.' Sherlock Holmes
    yea I am geek !!
  • scotiamama
    Madagacar 2 is my fav kids movie. And I like older Disney movies. And we like Hoodwinked.
    I can't think of one kids show I enjoy lol. iCarly is tolerable. And the old Bugs Bunny shows lol
  • cheesehead4ever

@cheesehead4ever - a gift for you (even if you've seen it, you'll watch it again):

I've seen it before and loved it. Birdie, I love that movie. The scene where Fozzie and his teddy are leaving on the train makes me bawl every time. If the Internet had really been around when DH and I got married, "He Makes Ne Happy" would have been played at our wedding but I couldn't track down the sheet music.
    Rainbow Connection though is my all time cry song though.

• WickedDunkieJunkieWickedDunkieJunkie
    @Sabzzy Neverending Story rocks! The first one, not the second.

I love Wizards of Waverly Place & H2O
    WDJ_Avatar_zps4536679b
    We Are The Music Makers... And We Are The Dreamers Of Dreams...

• meandmy243meandmy243
    I forgot to pay the cable bill .. Eeek.. pay it Monday.. but I loved Lizzie M and now I like doc MC stuffins
    let them eat cake! because id rather have pie!!!
  • organicbabyorganicbaby

Neverending Story rocks! The first one, not the second.

agreed!! But the book is way better :)

I confess, I make my kid watch these movies because I need the excuse to sit down and do nothing while watching some of my favorites over and over and over.
    I like animation movies as long as they are not all goodie, goodie. Disney generally is out because I hate musicals. 
    -The tale of Despereaux
    - Monsters Inc
    - Up
    - Coraline
    - Madagascar
    - A bug's life
    - Antz

I also like Tim Barton.
    -Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
    -Nightmare before Christmas
    -Alice in Wonderland

And some others:
    - Neverending Story
    - Pirates of the Caribbean 
    -The Mummy
    -Lord of the Rings
    -Star Wars

TV:
    - Shaun the Sheep
    - Pink Panther
    - Tom & Jerry

I cannot wait to see:
    -Hotel Transylvania (my friend worked on it and he recommended it)
    -Brave

I will pull my eyes out of theirs sockets before watching Sponge Bob or Dora or any violent or weepy and horrid manga like cartoon. I rather give my kid permanent markets and let her decorate the walls than put her in front of any of these modern cartoons even for a minute. But that is just me of course.
  • pdxmama
    I like most of the Disney movies. My dd is a Disney freak though, so when she gets stuck on one it sucks. When it was Bambi and Aristocats it wasn't so bad, but lately (like for the last month or so) she wants to watch Princess and the Frog and Sleeping Beauty. Every day. And she can't just watch the movie, she always wants to watch the bonus features like 'The making of' and deleted scenes too. So it can be a bit much.
  • stinkersmommystinkersmommy
    I love almost all Disney (except the freaking princesses) Pixar and Don Buth-- American Tale, Land Before Time, All Dogs Go to Heaven, Balto and I am madly addicted to Lilo and Stitch!!! Also I am a fan of all things Studio Gibli (Miyazaki) as far as cartoons I can only seem to tolerate are old ones and Phineas and Ferb
  • GingersnapGingersnap
    @organicbaby - love your list, but I wouldn't call Star Wars (prequels) and Lord of the Rings kid movies.

@cheesehead4ever - our first dance as man and wife was "Rainbow Connection"!
  • GingersnapGingersnap
    DH just blew my mind. Phineas & Ferb. The dad is voiced by Richard O'Brien. Rif-Raf and author of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show".

:O
  • missmama5missmama5
    @organicbaby you are missing out. Spongebob is a riot! The older ones anyhow, the new writer isn't that great. Both Hotel Transylvania and Brave are AWESOME!!

@gingersnap I actually knew that. Is it totally weird that I actually recognized his voice and googled it when my kid first started watching P&F lol
  • pennypenny
    @Gingersnap I had no idea Riff was on Phineas & Ferb. I guess I will definitely have to check it out now.

DS4 is currently obsessessed with Nightmare Before Christmas. He's been making me "frog soup" all morning. So proud.
  • GingersnapGingersnap
    @penny - definitely a proud mama moment

@missmama5 - not weird. Just awesome.
  • missmama5missmama5
    @gingersnap I'm a rocky horror groupie :x
  • GingersnapGingersnap
    I've won a few virgin bids in my time. @missmama5 
  • DemandaDemanda
    Sponge bob, Phineas & Ferb, iCarly, Adventure Time... Those I'll watch solo.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." ~ Gloria SteinemPhotobucket
  • CastleQueen
    Disney, Disney, Disney. Some Nick is ok, but I'm Nick'd out (13 yrs of kids tv will do that to ya, lol). Any Pixar movie, the Shrek movies, Madagascars (DH and I like those more than the kids do lol) Good Luck Charlie, The Buddies movies, Homeward Bound... I can't stand Spongebob, Fairly Oddparents, etc... it's like nails on a chalkboard.  And Calliou is the Devil.
  • organicbabyorganicbaby
    @Gingersnap yeah, those are not really kid movies but had to be in my list. They are "my kid must see" these. Poor DD used to play sword fighting doing "zum zum" instead of "clink clink" ;)
    By the way...
    -Puss in boots

I will have to give Phineas and Ferb a chance.
    Yes @CastleQueen Calliou I also cannot stand
    @penny frog soup, I would be proud too :)
  • pennypenny
    @Gingersnap @organicbaby I haven't passed out yet, so he must have forgotten the Deadly Nightshade.

I'm getting ready to take him to his first movie in the theater - Frankenweenie
  • justkeepswimmingjustkeepswimming
    momofdbb said:

I watched the entire Airbender series with my kids!

BEST SHOW EVER for kids!
    When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is.
    ~Oscar Wilde
    Cat Kitty Love Hugs Smilie Smiley Smilies Smileys Emoticon Emoticons Animated Animation Animations Gif
  • organicbabyorganicbaby
    Have fun @penny and let us know our we can add Frankenweenie to the list
  • pennypenny
    Frankenweenie was great. A little boring for my 4yo, and we missed a couple of spots for potty breaks, but overall, I'd greenlight it for the list. Though if you've recently lost a family pet, you might want to prescreen it.
  • sidsmommy3sidsmommy3
    Disney Movies....Wizards of Waverly Place, High School Musicals....old time Flintstones....
    Mary :-)

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • organicbabyorganicbaby
    thanks @penny
  • pennypenny
    PS - I loved ordering a beer at a kids' matinee, and flew over the moon when the adorable little high school girl carded me.
  • WebosMama
    Iron Giant - It was a flop at the theater, but we have worn out 2 DVDs so far
    Backyardigans - my son love singing and music and these guys always sing
  • Mommyliciousx4Mommyliciousx4
    I'm a classic Disney fan. (Mary Poppins, Bed Knobs and Broomsticks, Petees Dragon, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang)
    Shrek
    the older versions on Tom and Jerry and Scooby Doo
    I'm sure there's more, but those were off the top of my head.
  • GingersnapGingersnap
    @WebosMama - we like the Iron Giant, too!
  • GritsGrits
    The Labyrinth! YES!

Phineas and Ferb is a staple at our house, too.

And as ashamed as I am to admit it, I really like the Regular Show on Cartoon Network. And MAD. Guilty pleasures, I guess.
    "I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn
  • piratej101321piratej101321
    Victorious on Nick is really cute,
    I LOVE Disney & Pixar movies with Toy Story 1 & 2 being my favorite
    Hocus Pocus
    The Nightmare before Christmas I would watch this all year but my Dh complains LOL
    Disney cartoon version of Ichabod Crane
    Enchanted, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty
    I really like the Barbie Movies and love Monster High
    also Doc Mcstuffins and Arthur on PBS

Spongebob is not allowed in my house I told my DD's that it kills brains... ;-)
  • GingersnapGingersnap
    @piratej101321 - I've not heard of Doc Mcstuffins. I love the Toy Story trilogy. Do you not care for TS3? It makes me cry, but I like it. 
  • WebosMama
    @Gingersnap - you are the first person to ever respond to something I wrote.  I am so excited.  HeeHee.  (my co-workers at looking at me like am nuts)
  • serenitynowserenitynow

Arthur, Cat in the Hat cartoon, Phineas & Ferb, i can't think of anything else right now for t.v but i know there are a few others

movies: lorax, cat in the hat, shreks, toy stories, E.T, neverending story, princess bride, goonies (lots of the the "wonderful" 80's movies that i grew up with).....care bears....

i do want to see hotel transylvania and we did just see frankenweenie which my kids liked (ages 7,6,&4). they said it was a little sad but it turned out happy

• ADreisow
    Phineas and Ferb, Doc McStuffins and of course Cinderella, Tangled and The Princess and the frog prince