Nikki's LapFit Review
  • NikkiNikki
    My first reaction after seeing the LapFit was that it was pretty light weight. So much that it made me curious as to how well it would really do with a full drink in the cup holder and food in the tray. Well, curious and nervous that my son's food and drink would end up sliding off his lap and onto the floor immediately rather than eventually.

That evening I put our LapFit to the test. On our way to McDonalds my son had the LapFit over his legs and played cars on it which kept him strangely quiet! We arrived at the drive thru and I put the drink, nuggets, fries, and even (gasp) bbq sauce into the LapFit.

Pulling out of the parking lot I probably drove about 5 miles under the speed limit and at every turn reached my arm back and held onto it to make sure it wouldn't slide off my sons lap or spill. We arrived at our destination 20 minutes later with all of my sons food eaten and no fries or stray pieces of food on the floor. No mess!  Lapfit: 1, My Insecurity: 0.

The next time we used it I decided to be a little more daring. I actually drove the speed limit and didn't hold onto the LapFit at every turn. Same result! LapFit: 2, My Insecurity: 0.

I'm still amazed at how practical and useful this product is. My son is especially happy because he gets to have sauce with his nuggets in the car now.

I only have one note for readers and future LapFit owners: the toddler size LapFit cup holder only grips *kid size* cups from McD's (and I'm sure kid size cups from other fast food restaurants, but I haven't tried them out). I do also know that David Francis, the owner and founder of LapFit, is working on a design that will incorporate holding all size cups while not compromising the balance and stability of the current product. Oh, and don't forget to check out the "warning" sheet that comes with every LapFit:

All in all, I have to say that this is a genius product. Great for long distance trips and short on-the-go stops. You may be skeptical about this product, but it proved itself to me and I'm sure will for you, too.
  • CrashCrash
    I have a dumb question for any of the LapFit reviewers. Where do you put it when it's not in use?
    Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • NikkiNikki
    I store mine in the seat pocket in front of my sons booster seat! He then can use it when he wants to play in the car and/or when we drop by and snag some fast food. I take it out and wash it a few times a week (or once depending on how much we eat out), then store it back in the car.