Itchy under breasts
  • SaraSara
    I know this sounds like TMI but I am going crazy here. Under my breasts are itching like crazy. I use baby powder when it is hot, tried deodarant but not sure that worked. My boobs are 38F and when I do my daily walk I sweat. There is not a rash or any marks just itching. My bff recommended replacing baby powder with Baking Soda.  I tried hydrocortizone cream...didn't help. Any other suggestions?
    Think of your problems as challenges to overcome not obstacles to be avoided.
  • Emmie

For any moist creased that get itchy, I recommend vaginal yeast cream applied to the area once or twice a day for 4-7 days.  Once the itchiness is fully healed, then try deoderant to keep the area dry.  I use stick deoderant on my pits and under by breasts daily.  Otherwise my bra gets sweaty and stinky in one day!

• SaraSara
    @Emmie, thanks! I will give it a shot.
  • AnonUser33
    @Emmie has a great suggestion. Also make sure tou wash your bra often. My doctor told me if I was wearing it more than once or twice I was probably just reinfecting myself. Also I use Bourdeauxs Butt apaste under there. I a GG so I know all too well how you are feeling. Hope you find something that helps.
  • SaraSara
    @Unknown1, I change bras everyday. Wear once and wash. I will check out the butt paste too. Is that going to fix the itch or prevent it from happening?
  • pdxmama
    I also have huge knockers, and get the itching when it's hot. I sweat a lot anyway, (thank you paxil) but when it's hot its worse. When they get itchy I put lotrimin on the area underneath and between them for a couple days and it clears it up fast. Then I just use deodorant.
  • 456Imamom
    Sounds like it might be yeast. I had really itchy boobs just before I developed a thrush infection (i was nursing at the time). Any yeast cream should help in a few days. Wash your bra after every wear and if you want try putting Grapefruit Seed Extract in the rinse load of your bra laundry to prevent reinfection (bleach or boiling your bra works too). 
  • Luvlyssa
    Yup sounds like a yeast infection... I know this will sound gross but check your belly button too. It may just be under the breasts but if you have one it can spread to your belly button, vagina, and even your mouth (typically called thrush there).  When I was in the hospital I got one in my mouth. It was the roof of my mouth it BURNED when anything touched it and omg hurt so so so so bad. I'd rub my tongue against my teeth and the roof of my mouth just to feel better. /side topic lol

If you're still super itchy in a few days you can also get diflucan (a pill prescribed by a dr) that will knock that shit out within 24 hours-ish.

To be safe, if I were you, I'd clean out my belly button with a qtip in some rubbing alcohol :)
    Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim.
  • SaraSara

@Luvlyssa, belly button attended too. lol While I have your ear...uh...eye, I have been told you are the one to ask for help regarding resumes. I PM'd you a month or so ago but I don't know if you got it, any chance I could get your opinion?

• Luvlyssa
    omg no i didn't get it! dumb thing:) I'll shoot you a PM with my real email address so you can email me what type of job you're looking for so I know what to look for in your resume :)

Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim.
  • SaraSara
    It just occurred to me how much I love this place. We can talk about itchy breasts, yeast infections, belly button funk and resumes is the same thread and it doesn't cross my mind that it might look weird. Thank you SM for giving me this.
  • momsaidnomomsaidno
    i love reading things on here and realizing i'm not the only one. i have been putting deodorant under my breast since forever. i never told anyone i thought i was weird. i'm glad to know its not just me! <3

• beachmommybeachmommy

My Dr. warned me about the yeast under breast thing at the beginning of summer (I was still nursing and I am also a very big boobie gal).  He recommended some kind of powder to apply once or twice a day for prevention.  I don't remember the exact type, but I bet the pharmacist would know (or your Dr).  So after you have gotten rid of the yeast, be sure to powder up!

I am no longer nursing so I never really got into the habit of doing it...

My beach is still Sandy....
  • SaraSara

Thanks! I guess baby powder didn't cut it...dammnit.

• Kglass71
    Thank you all for the info!!! Glad to see there is an itchy under boobs community! Also - whoever posted about the sweating/Paxil - I am there with you! And last but not least love the Scary Mommy Facebook posts!
  • Lakegirl34
    Welcome @Kglass71!
  • LoveLove
    Secret deodorant. We swear by it. If you've already got a rash, it will sting like a MFKR, but it will clear it up in a day.
    I use it under my boobs, and after a few thousand "I told you so's", all the menfolk in the house use it too, for um, other places LOL

community-manager