Ouidad Review
  • LesboMomLesboMom
    I got the Climate Control package in the mail last week. It came with shampoo, conditioner, gel, and curl clips. I normally have horribly frizzy overly wavy hair. I blow dry and iron my hair pretty much every day because I can rarely get it to look just right. 

The first thing I noticed with the shampoo is that you don't get a deep bubbly lather. I didn't notice an odd smell as many other people have. The smell to me is acceptable. The next thing I noticed about this shampoo, however, is how CLEAN my hair felt. I don't think my hair has felt THAT clean in a very long time. And I use salon products to wash my hair. It didn't feel dry and clean - it felt moisturized and clean. 

I read the conditioner instructions and loved the fact that the shower comb was included. I am absolutely in love with that because I condition all the way through my hair and I know that my hair is conditioned. Then I leave it on while I shower my body. It's a bit longer than the suggested three minutes in the directions, but I just leave it in. After rinsing, I think it's great that my hair still feels clean and not weighted down or greasy. 

Then came the test. The gel test. The will-this-really-hold-my-waves-and-curls-in-place-all-day test. I used the gel and raked it through my hair, little by little. I shook it a bit and scrunched it to try and form my curls. It looked good, but it always DOES when it's wet. 

Then I used the included curl clips (you get 6) to pin different chunks of hair on top of my head to air dry. After I got done getting dressed, I took them down and re-pinned the hair once just so it didn't get pin marks in it. Then I ran the blow dryer around my head a bit so I could get a better picture of what the final outcome would be....

I AM TOTALLY WON OVER! I LOVE THIS STUFF. My curls were soft and movable. They stayed. ALL DAY!!! I like the smell of it. I like the feel of it. I like the look of it. Now....I just pray that the price is not exorbitant when I go to buy it for my own self next month. I especially like that if I wake up the next day, I can spritz my hair with some water - re-clip it and dry it - and it looks JUST AS GOOD as the day before. ROCK ON!!! 

I do not have any real before pictures - but here are my after pictures. Excuse the lack of makeup, please.

confessional-manager

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow. -- Helen Keller
  • momsaidnomomsaidno
    Very nice, I love it too. Wonder what the $$ is. @scarymommy uses it all the time she said. Maybe she can give us a hint on the $

• mommydeliriousmommydelirious
    The prices are on the website: Ouidad
    Photobucket
  • blkrosemommablkrosemomma
    If you have amazon prime you can get if for around the same price without shipping. I didn't check into shipping cost on the Ouidad website.I think I am going to try this product rather than go to the salon when I finish off my current shampoo and conditioner. I'm in a no cut no color phase and this seems like it might be a fun solution to styling my wavey hair. I am kind of excited about it!!
  • blkrosemommablkrosemomma
    Oh and your curls look amazing!! As if that didn't go without saying ;)
  • LesboMomLesboMom
    @blkrosemomma you absolutely should try it - I love it - @scarymommy says it's the only thing she uses  and I can totally see why 

confessional-manager

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow. -- Helen Keller