What's your child's theme song?
  • primalmommaprimalmomma
    We have a song for our son... "Say Hey I love You" 
    What's your child's theme song?  We're on the hunt for a song for our daughter (due in just a couple weeks!)... I was thinking "She's Got a Way" by Billy Joel... but it'll hit when the moment is right.  It just happens, ya know?  Anyway, here's my boy's song:

“I did then what I knew to do. Now that I know better, I do better.” (Maya Angelou)
    http://www.primalmomma.com
  • deviltwinsmommadeviltwinsmomma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=oqYUns2YQik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=IheODRwalEw

hhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JcnNb7Pnmok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JcnNb7Pnmok

for my son its rodney atkins "watching you"

for my daughter it's trace atkins 'just fishing"

and for my oldest right now it     gym class heros "ass back home"   lol i sing it to her when she goes with her daddy for the weekend.

for all of them its a classic "you are my sunshine"

sorry i don't know how to add a youtube clip like ya... fail...

my mother used to sing me a song. It went like this: "Life is short, life is shit, and soon it will be over.
  • lostinthewindlostinthewind
    For ds10 its I gotta brand new girlfriend. I can't ever remember the artist though. He knows wlevery word to the song LOL I love it! The other reason its his song is because he has always seemed to have quite the way with the ladies. Had little girls calling mine and dh's phones to try to get ahold of wrangler by the time he was in 2nd grade! As for Dd8 I dunno yet she has a wide variety of music she listens to and I don't know that I could say that 1 some defines her personality..... we shall see when the moment presents its self.
  • primalmommaprimalmomma
    @deviltwinsmomma

I just copy/pasted the address bar link and the video showed up, lol

great songs!
    “I did then what I knew to do. Now that I know better, I do better.” (Maya Angelou)
  • momsaidnomomsaidno
    my kids dont have songs really. but
    DS3 sings/likes "lmfao- im sexy and i know it."
    DS8 sings/likes "tazo cruize(sp)- dynamite"
    and DD4 sings/likes "JB - boyfriend"

• catzfan
    For my DS 18 it's this:

For my DS 16, this is his siganture piece

Hope the links work....
  • FoulMouthedSailorFoulMouthedSailor
    Any time Sunshine comes running, Ride Of The Valkyries, but as her nicknames suggests, You Are My Sunshine.

And for the twins, even though they aren't here yet, Blessed by Elton John. I usually sing bits and pieces to them before bed most nights.
    You show the lights that stop me turn to stone, You shine it when I'm alone. And so I tell myself that I'll be strong
    And dreaming when they're gone.
  • sidsmommy3sidsmommy3
    My 13 year old daughter is ANYTHING Justin Beiber.

Not sure about my 22 year old...she is a pretty eclectic kid.  LOL
    Mary :-)

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • gamommiegamommie
    DSS 21 He's Mine by Rodney Atkins
    DS 11 Watching You by Rodney Atkins

Of course ask either one of them and it's the damn Stone Cold Steve Austin entrance theme...
  • primalmommaprimalmomma

Any time Sunshine comes running, Ride Of The Valkyries, but as her nicknames suggests, You Are My Sunshine.

And for the twins, even though they aren't here yet, Blessed by Elton John. I usually sing bits and pieces to them before bed most nights.

hahahah!!! @ Ride of the Valkyries... that's hilarious!
  • CherryfriesCherryfries
    I have a few for my DD. The biggest one is "I Knew I Loved You" by Savage Garden
  • CrashCrash
    @gamommie That's because Stone Cold Steve Austin is a kick ass motherfucker!

And he's got kids and a family. Lol. 

My kids' latest theme song is Gangnam Style. 
    :)
    Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • PDXcocoPDXcoco
    Wildflower by Tom Petty when she was a baby.

Her song of choice now (she's two) is Call Me Maybe...
  • momofdbbmomofdbb

DS 4 likes " Rock and Roll All Night " Kiss

DS 12 does too.

DD "Somewhere over the Rainbow"

" Wibbly wobbly timey wimey ......." The Doctor
    " I'm a leafe on the wind..watch how I soar ." Wash :((
    " Oh the wall had it comming.' Sherlock Holmes
    yea I am geek !!
  • undercoverbanana
    boyo would be the doors....he is mr. Mojo rising. Dotta (daughter) would be last of the American girls by green day. That song actually makes me tear up a little, it definitely describes my dd.
    i'm nekkid.
  • gramalibbygramalibby
    Oh so many memories , right now at 1 , I sing toy Grand a sleepy seep , it's repeative but simple sometime is best.
  • PurpleFlowersPurpleFlowers
    Ds11-Bruno Mars -The lazy song!!!
    Ds17-Snoop Dog- Young and wild and free
    Yep, Im so proud. LOL
    Stay away from my chocolate and nobody gets hurt!

I think I like who I am becoming...
  • LoveLove

Spawn's

community-manager

• LoveLove
    Grace's

community-manager

• LoveLove
    Grace's

ps @Lesbomom have you heard this version? I know yall like Taylor's version LOL

Don't you worry your pretty little mind
    People throw rocks at things that shine
    And life makes love look hard
    The stakes are high, the water's rough
    But this love is ours

community-manager

• LoveLove
    Alex likes this one LOL 

community-manager

• LoveLove
    I'd post the older two's selections, but I don't wanna get judged LOL

community-manager

• LoveLove
    @primalmomma I LOVE that song! LOL Now I'll be singing it the rest of the day HA!

community-manager

• undercoverbanana
    @love   why would you be judged?????? when boyo was going through his bratty teenage stage, i had his ringtone as "beat on the brat" by the ramones!
    i'm nekkid.
  • LoveLove
    I'm just going by the ones that they walk around singing all the time LOL

This is Josh!

See what I mean?

community-manager

• LiquidPeppermintLiquidPeppermint
    Not sure what you mean by "theme song," but when I think of a song to describe my dd2, it would have to be "Flight of the Bumblebee." 
  • bendorbreak bendorbreak
    ds would be anything like me by brad paisley and dd would be isnt she lovely by me first and the gimmie gimmies.  
  • LesboMomLesboMom
    @love I hadn't heard that version - but I liked it!!! 

@undercoverbanana I can totally see that song being her theme song - she's pretty kick ass :) 

confessional-manager

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow. -- Helen Keller
  • mamafinmamafin
    A Song for Sleeping - Stone Temple Pilots.

One of our favorite bands.
    And the song is for Weilands son, Noah. Our son is Noa.

He's not named after this song. But when we weren't 100% sure about his name and then heard this song on radio as we were trying to decide.. that was it.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • SpringSpring
    My sister and mother judge me pretty harshly for this but DD4 has been going through a "phase." So we play her "Devil in Disguise" by Elvis and call it her theme song. Usually her theme and her always favorite song is "Firework" by Katy Perry.
    "Sometimes I question my sanity. Sometimes it replies."
  • mamafinmamafin
    @Spring I call DS2 terrorist and tell him everyday "I don't negotiate with terrorist!" There's no "I won't hit you and I'll get dressed if you give me candy!" here..

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • PurpleFlowersPurpleFlowers
    Love said:

I'd post the older two's selections, but I don't wanna get judged LOL

Well, I just posted my oldest Ds's about smoking pot, soooo... Lol
    Seriously no judgement from me
    Stay away from my chocolate and nobody gets hurt!

I think I like who I am becoming...
  • FreeToBeMee
    Whenever I hear "Fucking Perfect" by Pink I think of DD19. "Pretty pretty please, if you ever ever feel, like you're nothing, you're fucking perfect, to me."
  • sportsnut3
    My husband and I have been singing the chorus to Angel Eyes my DD3.
    There's a little bit of devil in her angel eyes 
    She's a little bit of heaven with a wild side 
    Got a rebel heart a country mile wide 
    There's a little bit of devil in her angel eyes 
    A little bit of devil in her angel eyes 

If there was a song about being a sleeping blob all the time that would fit my newborn son.
  • kittenkitty00
    My son is sexy and i know it. And my daughter everywhere my own parody version..... i always see your toys everywhere... i made almost a entire parody of it.
  • rockmomrockmom
    DS16 mo.'s current theme song is the theme from Two and a Half Men. He literally sings that song all freaking day!
    It suits his personality, too. He's a shy kid, but when a pretty lady talks to him he brings on the charm and flirts it up...I just hope he doesn't grow up to be like Charlie Sheen!
    tripp175a
  • sunnymommasunnymomma
    DD15's name is a long story all based around music, Ill try and shorten it up. Her father used to call me his Earth Angel and sing that song to me all the time. So he wanted to name her after me if she was a girl, so He picked out Angelica (pre rug rats) then on the way to the hospital he got pulled over for speeding and the song Angelia by richard marcs was on the radio. He came flying into the hospital room repeating Angelia over and over again. I was so confused at the moment, until he finally spit out I want to name her Angelia if she is a girl. I agreed. I hadnt heard the song yet and was 18 hrs into labor I would have agreed to naming her dogshit at that point. So thats her name and I heard the song a couple weeks after she was born. What a horrible song to be named after!!! As far as a theme song, hmmmm anything Motzart. She listened to Motzart everyday until she was 4ish. shes a classy girl that can be interpretted differently based on your mood at the time. Or the Jaws theme.....teens are scary! 
    I am me, and I am loved
  • TottyCake
    I don't know about Adrian. He loves No You Girls by Franz Ferdinand. It's wrong to hear him sing "flick your cigarette then kiss me". He also loves Bitchin Camaro by the Dead Milkmen. Ronan's is 100% Cristofori's Dream by David Lanz. I heard that song my whole childhood and felt sad every time I heard it. Then he died and my sister suggested the song for his viewing. For his funeral we played With You in Your Dreams by Hanson ans You Can Still be Free by Savage Garden on the piano. It was beautiful but forever tainted.
  • LesboMomLesboMom
    Munchkin's song is, Wifey and I decided, Walking on Sunshine!!

confessional-manager

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow. -- Helen Keller