Introducing the Review Board!
  • NikkiNikki
    Scary Mommy is excited to be implementing a new project: The Scary Mommy Review Board.

Companies from across the world will be partnering with Scary Mommy to bring you fun, exciting products in return for your honest, comprehensive review. This is open to members who have been registered on the boards for at least 3 months and have a 250 minimum post count, only. We're excited for you to participate and have fun! 

If at any time you need assistance with your review, or have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to @scarymommy.

• meandmy243meandmy243
    Id love to participate but the boards open and close then im not online... Im a pst person.. So these happen during my work hours... Ill have to try on the weekends!!
    let them eat cake! because id rather have pie!!!
  • Luvlyssa
    Drat... wish I would have found SM 3 months ago instead of like a month ago. :( Oh well. maybe there will be a product that I've been interested in using :) or that will look good.

Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim.
  • [Deleted User]
    This is really cool!
  • nessamommynessamommy
    This sounds like so much fun!  :D
    If life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in life's eye!
  • MarySunshineMarySunshine
    So cool!
    "I don't poop. I create magic."- ABC

I'm as sexy as a burp mid-kiss. Watch out!

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
  • AnonUser35
    Awesome!
  • CalliopemarieCalliopemarie
    love it
  • NikkiNikki

Id love to participate but the boards open and close then im not online... Im a pst person.. So these happen during my work hours... Ill have to try on the weekends!!

We'll do our best to make sure sign ups are open at a time convenient for all time zones!

Luvlyssa said:

Drat... wish I would have found SM 3 months ago instead of like a month ago. :( Oh well. maybe there will be a product that I've been interested in using :) or that will look good.

No worries!! Time will fly by and (*fingerscrossed*) a lot of companies will still be participating, hang tight! :)
  • pdxmama
    Oh, this is going to be so cool!
  • [Deleted User]
    I can't wait!
    Get me a damn beer.
  • breezybreezy
    I am sooo in! Exciting!
  • Luvlyssa
    @nikki dumb question... how do we know when we became a member? :) I know my post number... but no clue how to find when I came over to the dark side ;)
    Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim.
  • Rawrchu
    Dang!  Time to start posting more! Way to draw out the lurkers.  =D>
  • AloneOverseasAloneOverseas
    You joined May 6th, @luvlyssa.
    I love purple; I love cats. Imagine if cats were purple ...
    Click on your name and look at your activity. It will show when you joined.
  • irishlassirishlass
    @aloneoverseas are we much too far away?
    "Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter." - Dr. Seuss
    irishlass said:

@aloneoverseas are we much too far away?

Time will tell! Lol
  • AnonUser27
    I will patiently await my turn! :)
  • DemandaDemanda
    Can I play? Pleeeeeeeeaaaaase?
    When I used to blog, I did product reviews and I loved it.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." ~ Gloria SteinemPhotobucket
  • lostinthewindlostinthewind
    Yahoo this should be lots of fun. I had to double check that I had been here long enough, super excited I have :D
  • lostinthewindlostinthewind
    Now just need to post more lol
  • LesboMomLesboMom
    The signups open at noon

confessional-manager

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow. -- Helen Keller
  • sunnymommasunnymomma
    Where will the sign ups be?
    I am me, and I am loved
  • LesboMomLesboMom
    On the thread that nikki started Bedroom Chemist - its on page 3 right now. I can't copy and paste the adddress because I'm on my phone.

confessional-manager

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow. -- Helen Keller
  • AnonUser28
    Is it now? Or do I have my times messed up?
  • kmetz44kmetz44

Is it now? Or do I have my times messed up?

me too...i thought wi was an hour behind....i gotta pee but am waiting...i need some sexin!!
    Im pretty extraordinary in an ordinary way
  • [Deleted User]
    Yea, I was thinking about it and actually waited to put the kiddo down, but I can't wait anymore so I'm out of this one. DH would have loved it lol
  • AnonUser28
    I am just sitting here refreshing, lol!
  • kmetz44kmetz44
    well...i have been waiting for the time to sign up, which should have been about 20 min ago...i cant wait anymore...i tried!
    Im pretty extraordinary in an ordinary way
  • [Deleted User]
    Ahhhhhh!
    Get me a damn beer.
  • AnonUser28
    I know, I have a delivery coming, I'm going to have to give up soon too...
  • [Deleted User]
    I gave up lunch for this! :((
    Get me a damn beer.
  • Luvlyssa
    awwwww you poor ladies :(
  • [Deleted User]
    @nikki @scarymommy could we get some clarification as to what happened since clearly quite a few of us put things on hold to be here at the specified day and time?
  • BirdieBirdie
    its open

SMSM_s_5

• AnonUser28
  • NikkiNikki
    Completely, totally my fault. I'm so sorry. I will personally purchase kits for everyone who commented here and was waiting for me to open it at 12. Again, I apologize!!!
  • Unique_MommaUnique_Momma
    I guess I need to start posting more so I can actually join in on this :)
  • AnonUser28
    I think everyone who was waiting here got a slot anyhow @nikki... should be lots of fun ;) My DH is excited, lol!

• NikkiNikki
    @chocoholic, I'll be happy to send you a kit without you doing a review! Are you interested?
  • [Deleted User]
    I sent you a message @nikki. No worries, I know you have way better things to spend your money on, but I appreciate the gesture. You rock :)
    Oh hell, I'm confused! What was the item? And noon in whose time zone? Lol. It's 9:37am here ... Haha
  • irishlassirishlass
    I am soooo confused!! What do we have to do??
    "Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter." - Dr. Seuss
  • unforgivenunforgiven
    @aloneoverseas The sign up was for a Bedroom Chemistry pack. The sign ups were 12 noon Eastern time zone. Nikki was a little late getting it open but she took the first 5 people who signed/waiting to sign. The sign ups for that particular product is now closed. I'm sure there will be more products to come. 

@irishlass Keep an eye out for Product Threads or keep an eye on the Product Review category in Discussions. With each new thread there will be a sign up time and details about that particular product. All you gotta do is sign up when instructed to do so. :) After signing up for a product you'll receive the product, try it out and write a review as instructed above in Nikki's first post. 

confessional-manager

"What looks like torture is a time to rejoice
    What sounds like thunder is a comforting voice
    When what is beautiful looks broken and crushed
    And I say I don't know you
    But you say it's finished"
  • NikkiNikki

Oh hell, I'm confused! What was the item? And noon in whose time zone? Lol. It's 9:37am here ... Haha

The first company and product was posted here: http://www.scarymommy.com/message-board/index.php?p=/discussion/13046/bedroom-chemist-product-review-sign-up-here-

The sign up info was also in the thread (12:00pm est).

irishlass said:

I am soooo confused!! What do we have to do??

Just keep an eye out for future product review opportunities! If you're interested in participating when they come around, the sign up information will be posted in the companies category under the review board.

• CanadianMamaCanadianMama
    @AloneOverseas @Irishlass The postings will be in the review board, and will most likely be in Eastern Standard Time. 

community-manager

• BeautifulDefianceBeautifulDefiance
    Maybe I missed it somehow, but what are the qualifications for participation?
    I prefer not to think before speaking. I like being just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.

SMSM_s_5

• unforgivenunforgiven
    @dreamnofpalmtrees besides this: *All participating community members must be registered on the boards for at least 3 months with a 250 minimum post count.

Qualifications might be dependent on the product under review. For example the Bedroom Chemist product had it's own qualifications such as: 

Participants must be married or in a long term
    relationship.
    Participants must be over 18.
    Participants must be willing to give an honest,  comprehensive review about the product and
    conduct discussions about the product with other community members.

@nikki could you clarify please?

confessional-manager

"What looks like torture is a time to rejoice
    What sounds like thunder is a comforting voice
    When what is beautiful looks broken and crushed
    And I say I don't know you
    But you say it's finished"
  • NikkiNikki

Maybe I missed it somehow, but what are the qualifications for participation?

@unforgiven is absolutely right! Besides the three month and post count requirements, each company may add their own as well based on the product. Oh, and you must be willing to write a review within two weeks of receiving the product!
  • tavtas1201
    Nikki - I tried to figure out the PM thing, but failed.  As a manufacturer, can you send me information on how to get products into this program?