If you {insert action here}, you're a bad mom
  • LesboMomLesboMom
    think I am a good mom. My kid is happy, healthy, confident, smart, well-adjusted, and provided for. I am pretty sure I have not failed her yet. But we all know that someone out there is JUDGING us.....

Here is my list of why I am a bad mom. Feel free to add your own. Let's see why we are all bad moms.

If you don't allow your child to do WHATEVER they want, you're a bad mom
    If you reprimand your child in public, you're a bad mom
    If you don't throw big elaborate parties for their birthday, you're a bad mom
    If you're gay, you're a bad mom
    If you don't allow your child to drink juice when younger, you're a bad mom
    If you let your child sleep with you until they are 2, you are a bad mom (

confessional-manager

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow. -- Helen Keller
  • momsaidnomomsaidno
    If you have used a blanket to hold their bottle so you can eat, you're a bad mom.
    If you let them eat cereal and pop tarts for breakfast, you're a bad mom.
    If you don't let them in your bed when they wake up at night, you're a bad mom.
    If you don't make them brush their teeth twice a day, you're a bad mom.

• missmama5missmama5

Geez, I'm a really bad mom!
    :P
    If you let your kid play his PSP in the cart while you grocery shop, you're a bad mom.

THIS has gotten me countless glares from people, especially older people. I always think to myself, I'm sorry you're jealous that you didn't have handheld games to occupy your kids back in the day and they annoyed the crap out of you, but don't judge me! My kid idn't running around pulling shit off shelves and begging for sugar cereal! :D I LOVE the PSP......

• fatchickonabikefatchickonabike

I tell my daughter no all the time.
    Sometimes I tell my kid to find something else to do because she's annoying me, or not to bother me unless she's hemorrhaging. (Gasp!)
    I tell my kid I love her very much but I will not allow her to become a brat.
    I let my kid watch TV for hours on end . . . sometimes.
    I let my kid have sugary treats, and I feed her non-organic food. OMG!
    Some nights when I just can't face the homework grind, I say, "Let's not and say we did," and sign the reading sheet right in front of her. Then we go veg out downstairs.
    Sometimes I let my kid get hurt because she didn't listen to me when I warned her not to do whatever it was. Yes, sweetie, rollerskating down the driveway results in a sore tush. You'll live.

Wow, I really suck. Assemble the firing squad!

Part of growing up is learning to forgive your parents for being human.
  • AutumnAutumn

If you count your child eating ketchup as a vegetable serving, you're a bad mom.
    If you only remember to sunscreen your child half the time, you're a bad mom.
    If your child hates drinking water, you're a bad mom.

missmama5 said:

Geez, I'm a really bad mom!
    :P
    If you let your kid play his PSP in the cart while you grocery shop, you're a bad mom.

THIS has gotten me countless glares from people, especially older people. I always think to myself, I'm sorry you're jealous that you didn't have handheld games to occupy your kids back in the day and they annoyed the crap out of you, but don't judge me! My kid idn't running around pulling shit off shelves and begging for sugar cereal! :D I LOVE the PSP......

I've taken to bringing along the portable DVD player whenever we go to the doctor's or even the hairstylist's. I get my hair done while DD watches her videos. It's the best thing ever. The reactions I've gotten have all been positive, though. In fact, one girl who looked to be about 16 turned to her mom and said "Maaaawm, how come we never did thaaaat?" And her mom replied, in the exact same whiny tone, "Because they hadn't been invented yeeeeet!" I cracked up.
  • AutumnAutumn
    I bring my Kindle Fire everywhere..life saver!  Omg, I don't know how we would survive a long drive without it.
  • Unique_MommaUnique_Momma
    If you let them watch the shows you watch (Beavis & Butt-Head, Daria, and lots of random anime), you're a bad mom.
    If you let them throw a screaming fit and ignore them until they are quiet, you're a bad mom.
    If you giggle when they say their first few bad words instead of disciplining them, you're a bad mom.
    If you take them to Wal*Mart in a diaper, you're a bad mom.
    If you spank your child, you're a bad mom.
  • AnonUser35
    If you let you baby have a bottle one day past 1 year old, you're a bad mom. (Shhhh, don't tell anyone, we just put our foot down on the bottle last night...She turned 2 in April.)

If you co-sleep, you're a bad mom. (Yep, we're bad, cause both are in our bed!)

If you buy your child a ball every time you are at the store to keep her calm and entertained, you're a bad mom. (Did I mention that we literally have some 20+ balls in our house/yard?)
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    Sorry, but thank God for electronic "toys..." makes life SO  much more pleasant some times!

I'm a bad mom too, for almost all of the above reasons...<<sigh>> but most especially, because I FUCKING HATE being a SAHM!  Never wanted to, don't want to now...
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • LLBLLB
    If you don't read to your child every night then you are a bad mom

If you had an epidural during labor you are a bad mom.

If you allow your children to drink soda (on occasion) you are a bad mom.

If you only bathe your children every 2 days and do a quick face wash and hair wetting the other days you are a bad mom.

If you refuse to spend top dollar at the mall for a new wardrobe each season And instead buy their clothes secondhand you are a bad mom ( my SIL has told me this one multiple times.) *roll eyes*
  • LLBLLB
    Oh I forgot...

If you let your children watch tv you are a bad mom.

If you let your children play video games you are a bad mom!

And if you don't walk around with a bottle of hand sanitizer to sanitize their hands after they touch things you are a bad mom.
  • AnonUser35
    Man...I am the WORST mom on the planet! And I would not change a thing, thank you very much!
    ;)
  • SammieSammie

If you buy your child a ball every time you are at the store to keep her calm and entertained, you're a bad mom. (Did I mention that we literally have some 20+ balls in our house/yard?)

Oh my gosh @kim!! I'm cracking up!! This is totally us and our 2 year old. I understand. :) Actually she's 2.5 and she still has a bottle before bed... :D

community-manager

• missmama5missmama5

@fatchickonabike technology is like parenting crack. PSPs, iPads, portable DVD players, and the best thing about all of that? being able to plug headphone into them. My son has those big ass covers-half-your-head earphones. They are a godsend because, as much as I love Ratchet & clank for saving my sanity, I don't love hearing the theme music.

Here's another one. If you don't put your child in sports/programs outside of school, you're a bad mom.

Last time I checked, my tax money goes towards paying the gym teachers and music teachers at my kids school. I take him to the beach, park, and zoo every now and then. I'm not a millionaire, give me a fucking break, that shit is not worth the money!

If you tell your kid to quit bouncing the basketball off the wall because it's quiet time now, you're a bad mom.
    If you set a bedtime and actually make your kid stick to it, you're a bad mom. (You may be saving your own sanity, but you're still a bad mom).
    If your kid isn't so overscheduled he doesn't know whether scratch his watch or wind his ass, you're a bad mom.
    If you let your kid find her own way from point A to point B before she's college age, you're a bad mom.
    If you don't swoop in and rescue your kid from every little difficulty, you're a bad mom.
    If you don't actually scrub your kid clean or wash her hair when she soaks in the tub, you're a bad mom. (Passive cleaning through contact with water counts, right?)
    If you don't absolutely adore playing endless games of Trouble and Candyland and Mousetrap, you're a bad mom.
    If you'd rather light firecrackers in your own nostrils than have another tea party with the dolls and stuffies, you're a bad mom. 

• MarySunshineMarySunshine
    If you're toddler is better at Angry Birds than you, you're a bad mom.
    If you formula feed your babies you're a bad mom.
    If you mention in passing to a grandparent that Kiddo A has been a pain, or Kiddo B is driving you nuts, you're a bad mom.
    If you look forward to kiddos going to said grandparents house for a few days, you are a bad mom.
    "I don't poop. I create magic."- ABC

I'm as sexy as a burp mid-kiss. Watch out!

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...

If you consume alcohol, tobacco, prescription drugs or pot within five kilometres of your child, you're a bad mom.
    If dealing with your four-year-old makes you think So this is why valium is such a popular drug, you're a bad mom. If you actually say it out loud, you're Joan Crawford.
    If you let your kid do something she's not normally allowed to do because you're sick of having to be a hardass every damn minute, you're a bad mom.
    If your kid has learned a bunch of creative swears from you, you're a bad mom.
    If you say out loud that motherhood sometimes sucks large, sweaty balls, you're a bad mom.
    If your kid starts crying about something ridiculous and you roll your eyes and walk away, you're a bad mom.
    If your kid wants your attention and you don't respond instantly, you're a bad mom.
    If you let your kid cry it out, you're a bad mom.
    If you tell your kid life isn't fair and to suck it up, you're a bad mom.

• stinkersmommystinkersmommy
    If you say no to Pre K you are a bad mom. (K so the fact that my 4yr can already surpass the requirements and will be bored and a PITA for the teacher is better how)
    If you let him bail on Soccer cuz he hates it and has no desire for it you are a bad mom.
    If you have a nightowl and stay up til 2am and don't force kid to sleep when a its summer b we have nothing scheduled in the am you are a bad mom.
  • ZidashaZidasha
    Hmmm....  ditto to pretty much everything up above..lol

If you feed your kids chocolate cake or some other kind of sugary thing for breakfast because you were up till all hours taking care of the baby AND trying to get school work done your a bad mom

If you don't shelter your child from everything bad but instead tell them like it is, or the best way possible to where they understand your a bad mom.

If you don't go running every time your child is screaming in the other room or outside your a bad mom.  I know when my boys are really hurt and when my youngest is upset cause he didn't get his way thank you very much.

@fatchickonabike, LMAO!!!  Sounds like you and I would get along perfectly... :)
    "I have a theory that placenta is brain matter I push out, so with each child I get dumber and dumber." ~ Unknown

• MaryPoppins25
    You're a bad mom if you don't let your kids eat at mc Donalds or have pop as a treat.

You're a bad mom if you don't believe in a pop on the butt when your child is being a terror.

You're a bad mom if your child isn't potty trained at 2.5. Even worse if she's a girl.
  • missmama5missmama5

@eapple I don't let my son eat McPukes, but, in my defense, I am a bad mom. ;)

Also, I won't eat it either so it's just a family thing lol.

• GritsGrits
    If you let your kids play computer games for hours just so you can finally catch up on Weeds, you're a bad mom.

If you pawn the littlest one off on the biggest one so you can pee, you're a bad mom.

If you feed your kids pizza more than once a week (not every week) you're a bad mom.

@fatchickonabike If dealing with your four-year-old makes you think So this is why valium is such a popular drug, you're a bad mom. If you actually say it out loud, you're Joan Crawford.

I nearly spit my drink all over my screen on that one. That's fucking great!!
    "I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn
  • CrashCrash
    I'm a really awesome mom.

*cough*
    Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • serenitynowserenitynow
    If u let your 7, 6 and 4 yr olds play outside alone you're a bad mom
    if you let them eat more than 2 popsicles and drink kool-aid instead of water in summer you're a bad mom
    if you don't wipe down the shopping cart before sitting your child in it you're a bad mom
    if you let your kids eat a samdwich for breakfast you're a bad mom....
  • ChristyJChristyJ
    I am always a wonderful mom, until my son reminds me otherwise, and then he can go timeout for being mean! :P
    Imperfect and proud of it.
  • TorturedbyTWINSTorturedbyTWINS

If you've done most of the things on this list and don't care, you're a SCARY MOMMY!  We're all guilty of being bad moms but sometimes bad moms make the best kids. 

If you spend hours addicted to an internet site and put your toddler down to nap a bit early so you can read in peace your a bad mom!

• realtormomrealtormom
    If you breastfeed your child past age one you are a bad mom.
    If you didn't breastfeed your child past age I've, you are a bad mom.
    If you let your child eat unwashed vegetables from the farmers market or your garden, you are a bad mom.
    If you don't let your kid eat unwashed vegetables from the farmers market our your garden, you are a bad mom.
    If you believe in G-d, but not the way some people think you should, you are a bad mom. If you believe in G-d the same s way as those same people, you are a bad mom....
    Oy vey!!!
    The past has a vote, not a veto ~ Moredecai Kaplan
  • jezebeldelilahjezebeldelilah
    @lib my daughter would be nude if I didn't buy 2nd anf clothes...I guess I would be a worst mom then. Lol
    If you ever raise your voice at your child no matter what the magnitude of there action (even if they had just drove a power wheel through a wall) your a bad mom.
    If every meal prepared is not all natural organic never frozen cooked from scratch chefboyarchlomom special your a bad mom.
    If your 3 days late on a 3,6,13,18 month check up your a bad mom (cause then the shots are also 3 days late) that equals double bad mom
  • katz_meowkatz_meow
    If you don't chase your kid aroud the playground/dr officewaiting room/mcdonalds play place with a bottle of hand Sanitizer you're a bad mom.

There is nothing to be gained from treating others poorly.

Don't be a dick.
  • LoveLove
    If you discipline your kid in public,
    If you don't discipline your kid in public...

If you "give in" to a tantrum to stop the screaming (even if your definition of "giving in" is just leaving the store!)
    If you "ignore" the tantrum and continue with your business...

^^ Those ones bug the crap out of me. Damned if you don't, damned if you do!

community-manager

• ImWendyImWendy
    If you {Breathe} you're a bad mom. lol

If you only wash one towel and have zero intention of sharing it because all the towels are on their bedroom floors you're a bad mom.
    deus ex machina
  • deviltwinsmommadeviltwinsmomma
    If you let them play in the dirt..... your a bad mom
    If they make their own school lunches.... your a bad mom
    Let them eat spaghetti with their hands... your a bad mom 
    lets the kids "play" in dog kennels... your a bad mom 
    Let them run naked outside.... fo sho you are definitely... A BAD MOM! Lol
    my mother used to sing me a song. It went like this: "Life is short, life is shit, and soon it will be over.
  • motherofdragonsmotherofdragons
    If you Co-sleep with your baby, you're a bad mom.
    If you pick up your baby every time she cries, you're a bad mom.
    If you feed your baby until she can't handle anymore to keep her from screaming so much, you're a bad mom.
    If you do anything with out your baby, you're a bad mom.
  • AnonUser33

If your child doesn't play every sport, you're a bad mom

If your teenager has to pay for their own stuff, you're a bad mom

If your kid has chores, you're a bad mom

If your child doesn't get an allowance, you're a bad mom

If your teenager has a 9pm bedtime on school nights and 11pm on nonschool nights, you're a bad mom

If your child is not allowed to wear basketball shorts or sweat pants to school, you're a bad mom

(All things I have been told in the last month or two)

• MarySunshineMarySunshine
    @unknown1 It was lights out by 10pm on school nights until the day I graduated HS. AND my stepadad the electrician hooked a switch to our bedroom phonelines so every night the phones got switched off at 9pm...and that lasted until graduation day, too. LOL
    "I don't poop. I create magic."- ABC

I'm as sexy as a burp mid-kiss. Watch out!

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
  • AnonUser33
    @CallieFlower82, lol, thats awesome. I wish I could switch off lights and phones :) Maybe not until High School graduation but we will see. haha. I never ever thought it was unrealistic but I have had several people tell me it is. My kids are 13 and 14, going into 9th grade in the fall. My mother didn't give a shit and I stayed out half the night, dropped out of high school and slept all day. I always wanted something different for my kids.
  • Charlotte_SometimesCharlotte_Sometimes
    Here are some I've personally gotten shit for:

If you let your teenager stay up late and deal with being tired at school the next day, you're a bad mom. Sometimes I just want to go to bed and not fight to make sure HE goes to bed so I tell him do what you want but you are still getting up at 7 and I'd better not hear about you sleeping in school!

If you DON'T let your kid watch a ton of TV or have a TV in their room, you're a bad mom.  Yep, my mother has criticized us over and over for limiting DD9's TV time and taking the TV out of her room.

If you don't give your kids an allowance regularly, bad mom.

If your boys have to share a room -- bad mom.   DD9 has her own room because she is destructive to other people's stuff!  To put her in anyone else's space would be a disservice to the other person, but we don't have themoney for everyone to have their own room, so therefore I am a bad mom.

If you let your kids dress pretty much how they want and wear their hair how they want, bad mom.  No, we wouldn't allow DD9 to wear hoochie clothes but the kids have always had crazy hair and lots of room for expression.  Bad moms.

If you don't' have the kids involved in a dozen extracurricular activities --- bad mom.  Apparently providing them with love, clothing, food, shelter, and attention is no longer enough.  If they aren't taking violin lessons, playing a sport, learning a martial art, etc., bad mom.

If you cuss around your kids -- bad mom.  So I was damned from the start!

"But a lesson must be lived in order to be learned" Ani DiFranco, Manhole
    "Screw you guys! I'm going home." Eric Cartman
  • lelbow11
    According to my 14 yo dear daughter, bad mom's take their children't cell phones away for "dumb" reasons.  Pathetic mom's don't supply pink razors to their girls-blue, gray or silver razors don't count.
  • AnonUser33
    If you don't allow your son to have long hair, you're a bad mom. (my 13 yo DS tells me every 4 weeks when I shave  his head)
  • Ashdawn684Ashdawn684
    If after the third time of telling your kid to stop, you threaten to spank her ASS! You might just be a bad mom

If after threatening it you don't follow up, or hell even if you do infancy are good to your word and spank her ass you might be a bad mom

If you let your child get hurt because after telling them they will get hurt they still insist on doing it you might be a bad mom

If you don't comfort said child after getting hurt you may be a bad mom

If you set out a sandwich Baggie with poptarts for breakfast the night before just so you can catch an extra 30 min of sleep you might be a bad mom
    ~Live life to the fullest, or die trying~
  • AnonUser26
    Just one: If you refuse to let your kid walk all over you and use you as a verbal/physical punching bag, you're a bad mom.
  • pdxmama
    Ooh, @ashdawn684 I never thought about setting breakfast out the night before!
  • bombkittybombkitty
    If you make your kids do pushups when they act up in public.
    If you tell your kids 'do as I say, not as I do'.  LOL
    If you 'antique' your teenager when he's sleeping.
    If you dare to lock your door to have some mommy-daddy time.
    If you don't have a TV.
  • bombkittybombkitty
    missmama5 said:

@fatchickonabike technology is like parenting crack. PSPs, iPads, portable DVD players, and the best thing about all of that? being able to plug headphone into them. My son has those big ass covers-half-your-head earphones. They are a godsend because, as much as I love Ratchet & clank for saving my sanity, I don't love hearing the theme music.

Here's another one. If you don't put your child in sports/programs outside of school, you're a bad mom.

Last time I checked, my tax money goes towards paying the gym teachers and music teachers at my kids school. I take him to the beach, park, and zoo every now and then. I'm not a millionaire, give me a fucking break, that shit is not worth the money!

Oh, I hate, hate, HATE youth sports programs and after school "activities".  I am a selfish bitch but I don't want to sit through all those games, watching these kids run around like chickens with their heads cut off.  I'm not a very sociable person, I have NOTHING in common with those soccer moms.  I'd rather talk to the dads, but then I'm a threat, even though I'm happily married.
  • bombkittybombkitty
    If you have tattoos and/or piercings, you're a bad mom.
    If you're in the military, and leave your kids to deploy, you're a bad mom.
    If you sometimes cannot deal with the kids until you've had a beer/wine/cocktail, you're a bad mom.

I could post these all day, LOL
  • blondemommy
    eapple said:

You're a bad mom if your child isn't potty trained at 2.5. Even worse if she's a girl.

Ooo I've been feeling the burn from this one lately too.  Although I have a boy - pee potty trained, but not poop, 2 months shy of 3 years old.  So much concern out there about what your kid's potty habits are!
    You're a bad mom if you put on Toy Story 3 every day so you can take a shower.
    You're a bad mom if your kid fills up on appetizers for dinner (served at 6:00) and doesn't eat dinner when served at 7:30 or 8:00 at a family gathering.
    If you enjoy a cocktail on Fridays after all week with the kids, you're a bad mom.
    If you let your kid play with a cocktail shaker, you're a bad mom.
    If your child refuses to eat vegetables, you're a bad mom.

• sidsmommy3sidsmommy3
    If you don't force your kid to drink milk, you're a bad mom.

Mary :-)

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • wtfwit
    @fatchickonabike Everything your wrote is me... AND I LOVE MYSELF FOR IT! LOL No one is perfect, and most of the time I'm just too damn tired to care!
  • CrashCrash
    I never concern myself with other's people perception of perfection. 

My kids do sports. They love it. I practice with them at home so they can do their best. Some people might think I'm pushing them too hard. 

I make my 6 yo strip her bed and load her stuff into the washing machine when she pees her bed.

I drink, smoke and swear.

I've had whining contests with my kids. I always win.

I hate playing barbies, stuffies, and any other kinds of role playing game. I'd prefer to teach my kids how to play blackjack.

I always explain the exact hows and whys of stuff. And then I make sure to add some over the top gore just so they remember. "Wash your hands. Poo bits can travel through 12 layers of toilet paper. And then you'll get sick, and end up pooing to death. Or puking. You don't wanna die on the toilet, do you?"

My kids don't get an allowance. I don't get money for free, why should they? They get money when do something that creates money.

Somewhere in there I meant to say I was a bad mom. Lmao. Not bloody likely.

Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • LLBLLB
    When your five year old asks you to help them spell a word and *you* spell it wrong you are a bad mom!

When you are helping your five year old do their homework and you are more confused about how to do it than they are, you are a bad mom.